Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nova

Special Days

Has anyone noticed that the amount of special days good or bad has gone waaaaay down lately? I thought I remembered Ent saying that he increased the rate for special days in an update but I can't seem to find that thread atm. I assume he lowered the rate back down to what it was before, if not a little lower. I was just curious as to what people thought of the higher rate of special days that we had a few weeks ago vs. the rate that we have now.

Personally I think we were getting too many a few weeks ago, but not enough now. Too many days were making them not special, but now to few makes me kinda miss too many. Somewhere in the middle seems like it would be good. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed and had thoughts about it.

Has anyone noticed that the amount of special days good or bad has gone waaaaay down lately? I thought I remembered Ent saying that he increased the rate for special days in an update but I can't seem to find that thread atm. I assume he lowered the rate back down to what it was before, if not a little lower. I was just curious as to what people thought of the higher rate of special days that we had a few weeks ago vs. the rate that we have now.

Personally I think we were getting too many a few weeks ago, but not enough now. Too many days were making them not special, but now to few makes me kinda miss too many. Somewhere in the middle seems like it would be good. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed and had thoughts about it.

Before I quit I had noticed that we hadn't had a Joule day in a really long time, as a matter of fact the last Joule day was...

Day Of Joule 4/13/2010

That makes it just about 3 months sense the last one.

Either way though you can monitor the frequency of special days here: EL CEL Special Day page

I thought I remembered Ent saying that he increased the rate for special days in an update but I can't seem to find that thread atm.

I remember I have seen it posted on forum but can't find it.

Yes, there are very few now,

Even if online 15-18 hours/day do you rare see any.

My guildies have mentioned this, too...and, I agree with Paul, there's a happy balance between too many and too few....even the "bad" special days (whaddaya mean, I can't harvest??!?!!?) make things interesting...

The chance is slightly less than 1/4 each ingame day to be a special day. If it is a special day, there are almost 30 special days out there. So statistically, it can be months before the same day repeats.