Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

Reduction Potions

It's a bit hard paying attention to astro, overshot it a few days now, but will continue testing and post final results when I have them.

If we're talking single spawn, scaling down to clops will result in less exp p/h for you than not using the potions at all and remaining on fluff/feros.

On fluff/feros, you can't scale down much, so the exp increase you gain is so small yet the cost of keeping yourself scaled down that little bit is the same as keeping scaled to -29.

I was just saying you're not an optimal test subject, no where near, and in that i am correct.

The point is that the cost don't factor in. For one, I can make them myself and 4-5k for a scale is not going to upset me and for two, the sooner I'm done with training the more time I can spend on harvesting those extract flowers or whatever I really need to do. That's one of the target markets you described earlier. Although chances are that this won't result in market sales, since they're low pot level (whole pot top 50 is above comfort level for these pots), it will take scales out of the market.

When it is useful for me? Time saved >10minutes and/or more attack exp then def exp with comparable oa.

Edited by RallosZek

Dunno if its "necro", but i just now collected some genuine experience using the pots, so i can comment.

(1)RallosZek: korrode is right, you could reduce your a/d to fight lower level monsters, not the one at your level right now. If you do use the pots, it will just reduce your spawn time;

(2)Yesterday i tested those pots, since i was bored, with high ping (above 700ms o.O) and with lousy astro (-2/-6 of a/d), so i went to dchims. My stats are at the moment 44/48/8/4/12/4 of p/c/r/i/v/w & 131/140 of a/d, with the unmodified stats i was making around 175k oa exp per hour in single dchim spawn. Reducing the attack only by -20 and drinking pot when i got -15 attack made me make around 270k oa exp per hour...

Note that reducing my attack made me gain more def exp per hour since i was hitting for less damage (i was hitting almost every time with both configs), so the monster lasted longer. Therefore, for me, the red pots made me gain +95k per hour, using around 3k worth of potions. So its ~30 exp per gc invested on the a/d red potion, its an ok deal for me.

If the pots had reduced EMU, for lets say 3 EMU, i would start using those pots a lot.