Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

PK Storage NPC

This is my idea and its completely just for fun.

Make Thelinor storage npc PK.

Put him in Thelinor Tavern which is PK anyways, but before he would do business with you. You had to PK him. after you PK with him he would "trust" you. but if you didnt come by and see your old pal for a few days. he'd lose his trust in you. so you would have to fight him again to regain his storage uses.

The NPC could start at about troll level. and then gain exp from fights.. or level up from fights in some way so that the next time some one fights him he will be stronger.

If he wins a fight he gets stronger a little bit. but if he loses a fight he should be weakened a little bit.

i think you shouldnt be able to diss from it. and it should give exp based on its stats at the time. i dont think the exp could be abused b/c you cannot diss train it. and if you kill it. it will be at least a week or several days before you can fight it again. and if you keep dieing.. well.. thats alot of rosto's or lost items

i just think this would add a bit of fun for those that use thelinor storage. *i know i use it every time i stock my bot*. i know it would be fun for me :)

I've never heard of a fighting NPC before, I wonder if it is even possible. :)

It would probably make the map even less used than it is now.

Edited by Frost

I've never heard of a fighting NPC before, I wonder if it is even possible. :confused:

Well Leo is technically a NPC isnt he.. Non Player Character.

Its AI. he'd have to be programmed. but its very possible.

It would probably make the map even less used than it is now.

The people who use it now are probably mostly using the storage im willing to bet.. and i talked about this in channel 6 a few minutes ago and seemed to have a good reception. thats the only reason i even posted it here..

i think people may like a little bit of randomness out of the normal grind of EL.

Edited by jizzy

after you PK with him he would "trust" you.

LOL, do you trust people who PK's you? thats sarcastic lol

hmm i dont see any serious issue with the suggestion, but i think in the end it would just deter people from using theli sto.

Only major setback I could think up would be not knowing if the NPC was at the base troll-level to fight, or if 4 people visiting before you got to him have made him too pr0 to beat..in that case most wouldnt risk trying it in case they DID lose a ros (since, as you suggest, they cant dis away).

Other than that, its a novel and interesting idea for a storage npc.

Or possibly give the NPC the stats of its attacker (attributes/skills) then add sufficient #arm to be a competative opponent, along with a health boost or a number of he/sr :)

PK'ing the storage NPC would be kinda weird, perhaps add a NPC/creature in that tavern that has to be killed to gain storage rights.

Or possibly give the NPC the stats of its attacker (attributes/skills) then add sufficient #arm to be a competative opponent, along with a health boost or a number of he/sr :)

PK'ing the storage NPC would be kinda weird, perhaps add a NPC/creature in that tavern that has to be killed to gain storage rights.

abusable me thinks.

Let him stand where he is now, but be able to pk like leo.

If you havent been to him for a while and he has forgotten you, then you know to go empty, let him kill you and come back and harvest and stor again. It would be fun for a little while.

I use that sto all the time, its a nice place. If he was in a pk spot, I doubt I would use that map anymore for haresting/mixing.

It doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

Firstly, as it has been already mentioned, who on Earth would trust and do any buisness with a person that PKed one out of blue?

Secondly, I agree, it would make Thelinor storage totally useless for 95% of the community.

Finally, it sounds like a way to force non-combatants in Thelinor to enter a PK area.