Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trojan_Knight

I don't know how to title it, but I can explain it :P

Guest Trojan_Knight

I did do a few searches and couldn't find this idea I have, anywhere.. But maybe it has been said already, and my searching ability sucks.. Anyways... My idea..

On the game we have 8 slots available to equip items.. The average person uses these slots for gear for head, neck, back, left arm, right arm, legs, and feet. Would it be possible to mirror these slots in a manner. To where you were to have like a page 1, and a page 2 option ? Lets say one page one you have your normal everyday fancy new cloths that someone just made you.. And you have a pick axe equiped for what ever reason.. Then on page 2, you have your fighting or training gear.. All you do is click the little page 2 icon and poof, training here you come..

This could also work for pk.. Having two different sets of armor, weapons, etc ready at the glance of a quick click may add new advantages / disadvantages to pk as well..

But I don't know how great of a idea this is.. I think maybe each of the 8 slots would have to be "labeled" for that particular type of "location of what is allowed to be worn in that particular slot" maybe? What does everyone else think?

~~> me <~~ :)

equipment swap: the ability to drag an item in your inventory on top of an existing item to swap them over.

Example: You are wearing an excavator cape and need to swap it with a FR cape.

Just drag the FR cape onto the equipped excavator cape and the client unequips the excavator cape then equips the FR cape.

This could also work for pk.. Having two different sets of armor, weapons, etc ready at the glance of a quick click may add new advantages / disadvantages to pk as well..

But I don't know how great of a idea this is.. I think maybe each of the 8 slots would have to be "labeled" for that particular type of "location of what is allowed to be worn in that particular slot" maybe? What does everyone else think?

~~> me <~~ :)

I think its a great idea, some time ago i did a similar post, But more with the eye on the ranging skill in combat.

swapping would help allot but if you want to do some sniping with camouflage and you can switch your full equip that would be great and arching gets a new dimension in combat.

greatings

equipment swap: the ability to drag an item in your inventory on top of an existing item to swap them over.

Example: You are wearing an excavator cape and need to swap it with a FR cape.

Just drag the FR cape onto the equipped excavator cape and the client unequips the excavator cape then equips the FR cape.

thx.. i didnt know i could to that till now . :)

umm. im trying that equip thing now.. its not working for me..

You need the CVS client for this feature or wait until the next client update iirc, you can check by right-clicking on the inventory window-title, the option is called "Allow Equipment Swap", if you have it you can turn it on/off.

Nice idea, would make it a little bit easier.

But, IMO, we shouldnt be able to swap gear while fighting/mixing/being poisoned etc. etc. (so not so big difference in PK really...). Im affraid the advantage would be to great without it.

Guest Trojan_Knight
You need the CVS client for this feature or wait until the next client update iirc, you can check by right-clicking on the inventory window-title, the option is called "Allow Equipment Swap", if you have it you can turn it on/off.

Ah, well I'm not running the CVS client.. So I'll have to wait then till the new client release. lolz.. But thats not to say i didn't try to clicky on my inventory lolz. Anyways, thanks for the heads up.. :pickaxe: *crosses fingers*

~~> me <~~ :P