Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aledezar

Hidden Treasure?

I'm sure I'm not the only person getting a little frustrated every time they see that bag in KF and can't pick it up :medieval:

Actually, that's no big deal, but it got me thinking about something. I think it would be pretty hardcore if there were little "hidden treasures" in VERY SELECT places. Maybe two or three in the entire game.

Stick with me for a minute. It sounds a little weird, but I think it would add another dynamic to the Role Playing portion of this game (however small the ingame portion of that is).

Say for example there is a cave, maybe about three levels deep. There are the normal monsters, teleportals, random scenery etc... But the observative player notices a crack in one wall near the very bottom. Said player just so happens to have a high-explosive mine in their pocket :) The wall "crumbles" (not literally, it could act like any other hidden door) and behold! The secret burial chamber of some dead guy's dead servant or whatever. The bag by the foot of the sarcophagus has, say 5 or 10k gc? or a sword that was his before he died?

Now obviously, there would have to be a way to keep repeat players from looting over and over, and I don't know if it can be programmed to open for any one player only one time ever. If it could, I think it would provide a new, rather interesting level to the game play.

Besides, who doesn't want to create the "Tr34sur3 Hunt3r K1ngz Guild" and actually mean it? (Though their purpose would be served in about 20 days :P)

I like the idea, but soon it would be "public secret" as Melinis ogre spawn etc. Everyone just tells their friends there is such thing and soon everyone knows it. So this wouldn't work this way.

I like the idea, but soon it would be "public secret" as Melinis ogre spawn etc. Everyone just tells their friends there is such thing and soon everyone knows it. So this wouldn't work this way.

Might as well just call it a Quest

maybe it could take the form of something like shy rats (only not invisible or only in invasions)

I've heard shy rats are as strong as normal rats but drop uber cool things well maybe we could have a monster/creature/animal something or other called a {doppleganger} or a {mimic} and it can take on the form/name (and status) of any other creature on the map.

If you kill it in it's normal form it could drop like 1-10gc and maybe some kind of food or something but if you kill it when it takes the form of something else it could drop 5k+gc and maybe have like a 25%-45% chance to drop something rare

And it could remain in the form of something else until it is killed (it would make people check a bag throughly after killing something cause it might not have been just a wolf leaving behind 2 bones and a wolf fur it might have been a mimic/doppleganger leaving behind 5kgc and a CoL

With the mimic Idea, could it be a weak creature, taking to form of a random creature (apart from the unicorn) and drops whatever that creature drops, so a lower player could kill it, but it would be a risk due to it may not be the mimic

i really like the mimic idea.. but i think it should be able to take the form of ANY monster in the game.. on that monsters native map.. but i think it should have a time limit.. like 1 hour.. if it hasnt been killed in 1 hour it switches to a diff monster or a diff map...think it would be cool. :icon13: