Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

community rules

OK Guys we all love Mr Hide Invasions

and at time they can get mad

Reason for this post

During one of MrH invasions i moved away from other players and killed a load of mobs

Reason i moved away was so the bags dropped by mobs were separate from near by players so i would not confuse my drops with other players drops

now that we get invasions tokens and the occasional 10kgc this makes the bags worth picking up and during an invasion you can collect a few kgc

Another player then came over to my bags and started picking up my spoils

How does everyone feel about this and do you think its fair not to bag jump other players kills during Mr Hide Invasions.

I do know at times its so crowded that you cant even see who's bags are who's

But you will be aware that the bags nearest to you are yours

On this instance i did warn the person to leave my bags alone which they didn't then i warned them i would pk them if they carried on, they didn't stop so i attacked them

(i would of stopped before they died but they dissed and i guess i have broken a community rule)

(In my defense i had just been killing 100s of mobs, Blood dripping from my hands i wasn't my self, driven my my survival instinct then i saw my bags being jumped, the person seemed to turn into a troll and my sword attacked them)

So the Reason for this post

1 Do we make it a community rule don't bag jump other players spoils during Mr Hide invasions

2 My punishment the powers that be can turn me RED for a day so anyone or several players can attack me or (I leave myself to the mercy of the community to decide)

Handy Thor

"Don't be a quiter, pick up your own litter."

But seriously that's just as bjing people being killed by the invasion monsters and in some way should be punished. And don't worry about attacking him handy i'm pretty sure anyone would of. It's sad that these people are too lazy to train so they can/fight there own to get drops.

I think it it will be a good community rule, I didn't face that problem yet, but I see that it is really crap if you do hard work to kill the monsters for some drops, and someone else takes them :/

and you did it good, with first warning that person and when he kept stealing, pk him :D

that were my 2 cents

p.s. I'm on vacation, so can't come online on PK server, I'll be back when I'm home again

lol @ turning it into roleplay. :D

Not like you need the drops anyways, you got like 10 characters online 12 hours a day.

lol @ turning it into roleplay. :D

I thought it was cool

But i dont want this turning into a farce

this post is just to stop something before it gets out of hand

Invasion bags can be worth something now so all im saying is just pick up the bags from the mobs you kill not other players bags because if not other players will protect their spoils too.

Then Mr Hides invasions wont work if we start pking each other

Just for the record i have 4 harvesters 1 pk machine and loader who makes all my stuff

So Back to the main point

1 Do we make it a community rule don't bag jump other players spoils during Mr Hide invasions

If you agree just say so if its mixed i will set a poll

handy Thor

I agree with such a rule being implemented.

If you are just killing creatures like i had Sego in DP Coal cave 2 days ago i really didn't care when i saw other fighter picking up bags around me, it was just animal bits and very few gc from brownies.

From what I've been getting from the invasions only monsters drop tokens and 10kgc drops, starting with unharmed goblins, so when fighting monsters people should be more careful with the bags they pick.

So far we were very few playing and on invasions everyone respected each others bags without the rule, but if there is a need to create/post one from preventing it from happen from now on lets do it

Edited by Segor

I'm saying at some point like last night it's hard to see whos bag was whos. It got complicated. Like it will do. I don't mind the rule, but still. Anyways, the higher level the monster the greater chance of finding the special stuff.

Outa intrest, do Invasion Tokens matter on this server?

I agree with such

And i was witness to this event first hand this person also got several of Gizz's bags and he was warned and did not stop

and he does not have to; but he need not ask Vero for anything and will be attacked upon site from this day forth

Gambit

Before we go to a "rule", I'd like to try a "gentelman's agreement" that we will try to not take other people's drops. I agree, sometimes it gets very confusing when several fighters are close together and there's bags everywhere. It's a bit more obvious when someone swoops in after the wave has been defeated and starts picking stuff up.

Of course it's different if they ask permission (for example, to collect the animal bits).

I could envision how someone clearly taking other people's bags could be in violation of the community rules and would therefore open themselves up to being PKed. I think that's a reasonable response so I don't believe Handy did anything wrong.

If a few warnings and a PK or two of "bag swoopers" doesn't work, then we can perhaps get to something more official. But I'd really like to keep the community rule list as short as possible. After all we saw the amount of hot-air generated by people who don't even play on this server when we first talked about rules. I'd like to not repeat that.

I'm still discussing this with Entropy. Some decisions may be reached after he returns from vacation. Bottom line: I wouldn't throw/give them away just yet.

I'm still discussing this with Entropy. Some decisions may be reached after he returns from vacation. Bottom line: I wouldn't throw/give them away just yet.

Ok cool. :) Maybe we should make a topic about this?

Ok cool. :) Maybe we should make a topic about this?
I'd wait until we have some useful information first.

I should be the last player in EL to say this but...

Beware the curse of too many rules! As it is, we have the 'no pk during invasions' rule. Now it's 'only take the bags of your own kills' rule... hmm, sounding more Pretty Percys' PK Playdate than a true PK experience! :)

I admit the frustration from someone following you around bag~snatching could get pretty bad! I've noticed it even on the newbie invasion maps (I'm a pack rat and fill up my emu's as fast as I can.) If I drop off a load at storage and come back to the area I was in seeing no bags left it's annoying... even so.

How about the "gentlemans agreement" with an unwritten permission to PK bag~snatchers during the invasions? Um... that doesn't sound good... Maybe a complaint in channels and threat to PK the perpetrator at any time would be enough.

For me when there's a break in the action and time to scarf up the spoils, I do stick to my area avoiding the 'private space' of those around me. Later on when cleaning up the last invaders, I'll check any bags I find (usually all antlers :) ) and I always save DB's for people. That's just the way I am but if some people want to take advantage of others, I'll let them be the way they are... and backstab 'em when they least expect it! :hehe:

(As if I could! :) )

Anyway, I'll continue to use respect during invasions and appreciate everyone else who does the same!