Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Addienne

Firefox vs. Iexplorer

firefox isnt much better than ie, its big fat bloatware and the version 3 is biggest shit i've seen in a long time. specially this new urlbar & scoring feature is a pain in the ass which you have to disable in about:config manually before you can use the browser a all.

Its time or a new browser, i tend to change to opera or even epiphany which is also based on the gecko engine but much lighter. i would be fine with elinks too.

the firefox/mozilla was a very nice browser a few years ago - in beta stage with 0.* versions :>

now let the browserflamewar begin xD

firefox isnt much better than ie, its big fat bloatware and the version 3 is biggest shit i've seen in a long time. specially this new urlbar & scoring feature is a pain in the ass which you have to disable in about:config manually before you can use the browser a all.

Its time or a new browser, i tend to change to opera or even epiphany which is also based on the gecko engine but much lighter. i would be fine with elinks too.

the firefox/mozilla was a very nice browser a few years ago - in beta stage with 0.* versions :>

now let the browserflamewar begin xD

Fastest, easiest to use and only takes slightly more kb memory than Opera which is its closest rival.
:devlish: Edited by Shujral

well done you just posted a senseless fullquote.

and no its not easy when the user is forced to turn of features which cant be found in the regular options menu. if you have only about three websites you visit its no big deal, but go and have a few hundred bookmarks, you will be start smashing your head on the keyboard because its impossible to use this completion crap.

last time i used ie explorer was with windows 3.1... it sux then too. I tend to use konqueror or opera -and yes firefox is fast - if you don't add any extentions and add on's but that seems to be it's main draw - it is totally customizable -for anyone's taste if you havent ever used it try it:) if you want speed use opera

De gustibus non disputandum est

PS. I like FF3. Never liked Opera.

Edited by Eiri

FireFox rulez da world^^

No, really. If the FireFox-program-guys would implement a mesmerizing sound to FF, half of the world would be... well, under their control.

128612809131794586.jpg

IE sucks, no matter what browser you prefer, just remember that IE sucks!

I use firefox.. The latest version is a bit weird, but I'll get used to it. I never tried Opera and only once used Safari. I don't know any others O.o