Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
XaRondas

Vegetal 5, can we do something for it?

Few weeks ago i have decided to put a nex. 5 to vegetal , my potion level is 68 atm so it would be a step forward for my char

there are many potions at veg 5, some of them are evasion/acc/invis/alc/craft/magic

For Alc/crafting/manu/sum/magic pots market is limited because

1. people either prefer to fail (potion doesn t mean that drinking it u won t have a fail) ,

2. There are gods so can get blessings

3. npc might sell em cheaper , or ppl don t need many so instead of looking at the market they prefer the npc

4. Poison antidote ? ppl prefer to heal instead of buying the pots or potioners use them for their own

and on the other hand we have acc/evasion/invis pots where there is a market for them but

1. are really hard to make ( 3-4 raccoon/skunk fur)

2. these pots are drops

3. cost of books , there is no chance u will make your money back

I don t want to upset ppl so the only thing i have thought is for some low level a/d animals like racoon/skunk/ferans to be found at c1 also , so we can create a market for them (newbies will hunt them) so some acc/evac etc pots can be made by potioners , and the price of book/veg 5 would actually worth it

thank u for reading it

XaRondas

Edited by draugluin1

I don t want to upset ppl so the only thing i have thought is for some low level a/d animals like racoon/skunk/ferans to be found at c1 also , so we can create a market for them (newbies will hunt them) so some acc/evac etc pots can be made by potioners , and the price of book/veg 5 would actually worth it

No offense, but I don't think this is a business game and I think racoons/skunks/ferans should remain C2 animals. But still, if you need those fur, find a bunch of newbies, show them the way to idolaran (which is safe for them IIRC) and let them hunt those critters for you.

Regards,

SkoD the CooK

No offense, but I don't think this is a business game and I think racoons/skunks/ferans should remain C2 animals. But still, if you need those fur, find a bunch of newbies, show them the way to idolaran (which is safe for them IIRC) and let them hunt those critters for you.

Regards,

SkoD the CooK

c2 isn t safe for newbies at least at nights (Leo) but anyway u must be kidding me for the rest

It is pretty harsh that the most consumed PK potions (second only to SRS) are not a product potioners can easily get ingreds for.

for some low level a/d animals like racoon/skunk/ferans to be found at c1 also , so we can create a market for them (newbies will hunt them) so some acc/evac etc pots can be made by potioners

Good idea.

EDIT:

and ya lol @ skodarap, EL is definitely a business game, the economy is more a point of interest for the players and developers in this game than most (maybe any) other MMORPG.

Edited by Korrode

Yeah thats a good idea, I think there could be some Racoon/Skunks on IP, and maybe some Ferans in Votd, DP etc. :icon13:

yeh nice idea.. more gc for newbies and a market for acc/eva pots that has never been there.

everytime i try to even buy 10 evasion pots i'm busy for more than an hour lol, with the result of me going to the NPC in AA.

everytime i try to even buy 10 evasion pots i'm busy for more than an hour lol, with the result of me going to the NPC in AA.
no offense but why the heck should someone waste his time to sell you 10 pots? if you are at the same storage ok but else the time to travel/wait for you isn't worth the trade.

It's like the newbies that spam market to buy 1 iron sword imo that's why we have npc and bots for such things...

As for the idea imo the skills aren't all business just take a look some other skills:

summoning: no profit in stones with animal 6

manufacturing: s2e need artificial 3 high level armors artificial 6 if you get any profit is just damn luck

engineering: mines need artificial 4, you're lucky when can sell at a break even

crafting: c2 rings need 7 pick points, CoL needs 10 pick points, saving stones 12 pick points, almost no profit at current prices for wolfram/bindings and ELE

So please stop wining and get a removal stone if the pick point is so precious to you, thats the price for not checking before you took the nexus. (wraith asked you if you're sure that you want it.)

no offense but why the heck should someone waste his time to sell you 10 pots? if you are at the same storage ok but else the time to travel/wait for you isn't worth the trade.

It's like the newbies that spam market to buy 1 iron sword imo that's why we have npc and bots for such things...

As for the idea imo the skills aren't all business just take a look some other skills:

summoning: no profit in stones with animal 6

manufacturing: s2e need artificial 3 high level armors artificial 6 if you get any profit is just damn luck

engineering: mines need artificial 4, you're lucky when can sell at a break even

crafting: c2 rings need 7 pick points, CoL needs 10 pick points, saving stones 12 pick points, almost no profit at current prices for wolfram/bindings and ELE

So please stop wining and get a removal stone if the pick point is so precious to you, thats the price for not checking before you took the nexus. (wraith asked you if you're sure that you want it.)

are u serious, wtf did i suggest ? that i wouldn t pay for the fur?

The fur isn t rare , but noone gives a shit cause the animals are at c2 (newbies would give though) , what i suggested is a better use for the animals cause they are low a/d and noone hunts them at c2

Edit: Yeah I would benefit from this ... also pkers would, newbies would, potioners would ,summoners would

Edit 2 : 1. at potioning u can t produce a rare item (veg 5 ), at manu u can

2. CoL book costs 25kgc --> accuracy book costs 60kgc (and rare drop)

3. Do u actually see me complain about the other stuff , did i mention that i want any prices dropped , most of the veg 5 pots aren t produced ffs (exept TS)

4. making a s2e u need 3pp (common levelling item) making SRs need 4pp

5. i didn t say that current economy isn t a bitch but there are small things, when changing them we can all benefi from

6. acc/evac/invis pots are drops from fluffy (3-4 at a time) i didn t see mines/s2e dropping from the sky like this

7. last but not least potioning doesn t have a god , i have to use *20% more items than craft/manu etc

btw edit No 2 is winning *kisses*

Edited by draugluin1

are u serious, wtf did i suggest ? that i wouldn t pay for the fur?

The fur isn t rare , but noone gives a shit cause the animals are at c2 (newbies would give though) , what i suggested is a better use for the animals cause they are low a/d and noone hunts them at c2

Edit: I would benefit from this ... also pkers would, newbies would, potioners would ,summoners would

It doesn't matter where they are. look at red snake skin they are on c1 and there are barely enough skins for the god quest.

There wont be much change if you move them to C1 because you can't train on them for long, the prices are to low to hunt them for gc (even for newbs) and the potions need to many of them.

just add the 0 that i forgot and you can forget half of your post.

100 evasion pots, if no single potioner in the game answers several posts on ch3 then there is something wrong.

Potions of Accuracy and Potions of Evasion are pretty cheap from NPC as well, and no need to go to AA either iirc as other potion NPCs sell them as well. I'd go as far as saying that any potion requiring animal parts isn't worth to make, regardless of how easily the ingredients can be bought.

The problem of not being able to get skunk and raccoon furs in decent amounts has been discussed somewhere else already, iirc the bottom line was: have a bot buy them for you.

Another problem with moving skunks and raccoons to Seridia is, that they offer very nice experience per gc when summoned or so I've been told. So in doing this you might make the road to another cash cow easier but not helping your potions cause at all.

And finally vegetal 5 gives you some nice options for your career as a potion maker, nobody forces anybody to buy an expensive book for a potion where you most likely won't be able to get a lot of ingredients for (so much should be clear when you've reached the necessary levels).

Edit 2 : 1. at potioning u can t produce a rare item (veg 5 ), at manu u can

2. CoL book costs 25kgc --> accuracy book costs 60kgc (and rare drop)

3. Do u actually see me complain about the other stuff , did i mention that i want any prices dropped , most of the veg 5 pots aren t produced ffs (exept TS)

4. making a s2e u need 3pp (common levelling item) making SRs need 4pp

5. i didn t say that current economy isn t a bitch but there are small things, when changing them we can all benefi from

6. acc/evac/invis pots are drops from fluffy (3-4 at a time) i didn t see mines/s2e dropping from the sky like this

7. last but not least potioning doesn t have a god , i have to use *20% more items than craft/manu etc

btw edit No 2 is winning *kisses*

1. at potion skill has products where you can make a fair profit (ts, alch pots, invi pots, srs) no need for gambling items like the magic armors

2. if it's about money, you don't need to buy a book that has no use for you

3. that's a problem of 80% of the items in EL, imo a mix of npc prices, screwed stats/no use (i.e. tit axe), off formulas (many c2 rings) and too much/less demand (pof/meds) are the reason

4. now what's easier getting ings for srs or s2e? it's only fair

5. i'm saying the benefit will be hardly noticeable

6. cut the drops and pkers will run your door because you made pking even more expensive (many get their own pots) and i doubt that you can meet the high demand with even with skunks/raccoons on c1. (and last time i checked gargs and phantoms (and hydro runners :) ) dropped s2e)

7. that's with a good reason, like alchemy potion doesn't need any intermediate product for the leveling items so it's still quite easy to level (compared to manu and crafting)

Just face it no item that uses fur will be good for leveling (talking about high levels where you need to make thousands for a level)or money making.

Only exception are tiger stones but the fur prices are way higher than normal furs.

To meet the demand you would need to flood c1 with skunks/raccons (i don't see that happen), fix the problem at the source: with 2-3 furs per pot you can pay a reasonable price for the furs.

btw: selling 200 skunk/raccoon furs @ 15gc each :P (so much for no one is killing them)

PS: meh I see Erma was faster ;)

... EL is definitely a business game, the economy is more a point of interest for the players and developers in this game than most (maybe any) other MMORPG.

so sad...