Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New server bug reports!

frogger2, what you do to make damn sure your useing the right el client on the right server you copy the entire eternal lands folder (copyed it to a folder named eternal test), then you extract the test zip into that folder, overwriteing ever file it wants to overwrite. now you fire up elconfig in the test folder (or edit el.ini) and change the port number that the client should connect to from 2000 to 2001 (i forgot the last part and ended up trying the test client on the old server, worked but gave me a lot of funny graphical errors).

personaly i think that the server and client should be able to check the version of the partner and inform the user if there is a missmatch. the early bugs i heard where people got strange(very high) numbers of items could often be tracked back to people useing the old client to connect to the new server.

not to strange, im guessing you have been playing on the old server all the time. the new one will be reset at the end of the week baring no real showstopper bugs and then all chars will be transferd over. so either you play with the old client on the old server for the time being or you create yourself a new char that will last only for the rest of this week and help in finding bugs on the new server...

no no, you must just rember that you have to create a compleatly seperate enviroment for the test client to live in, includeing a new character on the test server.

when the week is complete the open test phase will be over and if all goes well your test char will be wiped and your char from the old server will be transferd over to the new server.

Maybe it's supposed to be like this, but it feels like a bug to me:

On failing a potion and losing ingredients you lose the vial too.

That is a feature to encourage you to raise your exp before trying high level potions and to reward people for higher levels. Otherwise there is no reason to level, you just click away until you get the item made.

I suppose this is just a symptom of lag, but I never experienced lag this bad on the old server, so thought Ent should know about it. BTW I'm on a cable connection and don't usually have many lag problems in games.

------------------------------------

When i click on a bunny to kill it, even standing right next to it, nothing happens (no 'too far' message or anything). It usually takes 3 or 4 tries to get my character to actually attack a bunny. This is quite frustrating, as of course, the bunnies run away in the mean time and I have to chase them again.

are you sure you have the mouse looking like a sword before you click? not sure who but someone was working on a way to have the mouse change faster without affecting framerate...

When i click on a bunny to kill it, even standing right next to it, nothing happens (no 'too far' message or anything). It usually takes 3 or 4 tries to get my character to actually attack a bunny. This is quite frustrating, as of course, the bunnies run away in the mean time and I have to chase them again.

It happened to a friend of mine using the linux client. He couldn't change maps always. He has a T1 connection or better.

He never experienced this problem on the old server.

The food level doesn't decrease in the stats window while manufacturing. It's just not visible that its decreasing. :)

Well and i also don't like that you can make leather gloves with level 0 manu.. it makes it very easy.

are you sure you have the mouse looking like a sword before you click?

Yes positive. What i think is happening is that the bunny is running off, but not getting updated on my screen. Although, in that case, you'd think i'd move to where it was, and that isn't happening either. Weird

The food level doesn't decrease in the stats window while manufacturing. It's just not visible that its decreasing. :)

Well and i also don't like that you can make leather gloves with level 0 manu.. it makes it very easy.

worse than that, it gives you the message for having below zero food, and if you open the stats window after that, it still shows much higher than zero food. You have to close it again and wait about a min before opening to see the food level display properly. Quite annoying

Eeek!

I had to go afk for a bit due to a phone call, so i was just standing there in CC, not even near a deposit of anything. Came back to the screen, tried to move, and got a 'connecting to server' message, then something invisible started hitting me hard. 2 hits and i was almost dead, and yet there was nothing there! I logged before i died, but what the heck? The only critters in CC are rats, and I can kill those and there was nothing visible on my screen!

*sigh* I bet I'm dead or stuck when i log back in.

Oh now thats just TOO weird. I came back, almost dead, and theres a sack at my feet with duplicates of the books i was carrying, the essences I had and my gloves. Definitely buggy.

There is no book for leather pants. When you click leather pants it says "A padded lether pants book cost 80 gold". So I bought it think that was just a mess up and its not. I got the padded leather book and cant seem to find just plain leather.