Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Make CotU defend against rare great sword effects

Yes, the breaking is the same as titanium armor.

As for the accuracy, in the universe where I am living, (-1)+(-1)+(-2) is not -8. Your Universe Might Vary.

Edit: I am not considering the shield as part of the armor (the same way as the dragon armor doesn't have a shield).

Edit 2: The bronze shield is a little more breakable than the titanium shield.

Aha I was counting the shield because of its extra +4 magic resistance ( which is an extra -4 acc, so our Universe's are the same )

off topic/ish:

Bronze shield +4 magic resistance, Tit shield + 4 magic protection , are they both the same thing ( just differant wording) or is there a differance ?

I think making Bronze cheaper and decreasing the chance it would have to break would be the most prudent option. In my opinion, it would have a smaller affect upon the flow of currency around EL than introducing 3X gold rate (although that would be cool, I just don't see it happening).

EFFECT, NOT AFFECT!

And what are you talking about with the chance of it to break? Do you even know what chance it has, or you are talking shit again?

Bwha? I thought I used it correctly:

af·fect·ed, af·fect·ing, af·fects

1. To have an influence on or effect a change in

:P

I followed the general rule that if an armour which has good statistics broke less, it would be more commonly used in battle. Is this a taboo subject? I didn't mean any particular offence by my original post. I never said I've experienced bronze breaking on me, I'm just going from what I've read, and what others have told me in-game. There's no reason we can't be civil, after all :( I'm just stating what I think would be better for the game, while taking into consideration the fact you want to reduce the amount of gold in game.

@conavar: I'm not sure, but I think M. resistance negates some of the damage done to you when hostile spells are directed at you. Immunity, I imagine, would reduce the chance of something magical happening (like BroD, BoD, OSoMN special features, etc.)

Edited by Aphistolas

@conavar: I'm not sure, but I think M. resistance negates some of the damage done to you when hostile spells are directed at you. Immunity, I imagine, would reduce the chance of something magical happening (like BroD, BoD, OSoMN special features, etc.)

I was 99% sure that they were differant, just not sure which way round they worked lol

Anyhow back to topic:

I still think a cape would be the better, cheaper option for the average Pker.. but thats just my humble opinion

Edited by conavar

Bwha? I thought I used it correctly
Affect -> verb

Effect --> nown

it would have a smaller affect upon

You cannot have an affect on something because affect is a verb.

Affect -> verb

Effect --> nown

Noun. [sp]

You cannot have an affect on something because affect is a verb.

But you can affect an effect.

"Affect" and "effect" are both verbs (transitive) and nouns. According to Merriam-Webster Online:

usage Effect and affect are often confused because of their similar spelling and pronunciation. The verb 2affect usually has to do with pretense <she affected a cheery disposition despite feeling down>. The more common 3affect denotes having an effect or influence <the weather affected everyone's mood>. The verb effect goes beyond mere influence; it refers to actual achievement of a final result <the new administration hopes to effect a peace settlement>. The uncommon noun affect, which has a meaning relating to psychology, is also sometimes mistakenly used for the very common effect. In ordinary use, the noun you will want is effect <waiting for the new law to take effect> <the weather had an effect on everyone's mood>.

(emphasis mine)

Not surprising that they get confused. Now, the widespread confusion of "than" and "then" is another matter. There's no excuse for that, in my opinion. :brooding:

ON TOPIC: I approve of the topic idea. :D

Not surprising that they get confused.

Umm, then how does it happen that I never, in my life, used one instead of the other? And English is not even my first language.

I think many people who's second language is English actually understand some of the intriquicies (is intriquicies a word? perhaps i should have used complexities) of the language better than those who speak it 'natively', as those people generally learned English via documentation rather than 'picking it up' from their parents and family.

@conovar: I suspect that the difference between magic protection and magic resistance lies in at what point the checks vs those attributes are made. Magic protect check would come to determine if the magic had hit you, whereas the magic resist determines how much Effect the magic has once it has got past the Magic Protection check. Kinda like to-hit and to-damage calc? Or thats how I understood it to be anyways...

I was one of the testers back when Ent wanted the Bronze tested, I was using:

COL, Bronze Torso, Cuisses, Greaves, Tit Shield, and a Warlock Cape.. And I didn't get hit once with the Brod/Bod/whatever, and was fighting against asgnny (I belive) for ~20 minutes.

So they do work, it's just apart from that Bronze sucks. :rolleyes:

NoMoreWarlock (NMW Cape) is probs one of the best PK capes. If you think about it. :)