Sign in to follow this  
JimP

Inventory woes revisited

Wallet  

1. 1. Wallet

• Current system
    • Sliding bars
    • Wallet and Cash In Hand box

Ok... I know I'm hacking on the current inventory system... it may not be perfect... but it's the best we got...

Gold and Plats have no EMU in this game... so how about instead of takeing up spaces in your inventory (anyone whos changed plats into gold knows what I mean... good luck changing more that 2100 plats), how about making a counter called WALLET with a number below it... don't even put it in the inventory box.

Wallet E 1/2 F CASH in Hand

99,999,999 |...................|..............^.....| 47,350

Grab the slide bar...drag to left to put more money in hand

Either a lide bar...or just the Wallet and Cash in hand box...let them type in their own amount into CASH IN HAND box... and subtract that amount from the wallet. ( Wallet = wallet - cash in hand )

ok...hope this is leagal to do.. just made a quick fantasy Inventory ... to flesh out some of the ideas I had...

Fantasy_Wallet.gif

Notice that BODY RESTS are stackable..and QUICK KEY enabled

your Cash is listed at top...not in actual inventory

your LOAD is lited at top...to save real estate onscreen

your QUANTY is user definable ... not just 1..5..10..20..50..etc

Also added 2 more spaces for equipable...so you can wear all armour/weapons/and a necklace or 2

if you click on Money in HAND...you'll drop that amount into a bag...as if you dropped 195 gold

Ok... yet another idea...

When you go to storage.....

Cash_Bar1.gif

Then you take out some cash by sliding the bar...

Cash_Bar2.gif

Ahhh the heck with it... we'll grab it all and head off to PK map ;-)

Cash_Bar3.gif

Just a suggestion...

Sure would be nice...except for the body rests being stackable, that makes it way easy to carry a lot of them, which can make someone pretty powerful.

I like the quick keys thingy very much and i think i suggested something similar ages ago. Well body rests not stackable but maybe if you use a pot a new, full one could take the spot of the last one which you just drank? .. hope you know what i mean :P

Sure would be nice...except for the body rests being stackable, that makes it way easy to carry a lot of them, which can make someone pretty  powerful.

True...ok...then how about 10 stackable at a time... yes you'd be powerfull... but no-one could carry more than 300 naked... so there's a limit.

Maybe make body rests weight 2 emu...make them stackable...so fully equiped...24 emu... (300-24)/2 = 138 pots

If that's still too much....make Body rests weigh 4emu

(300-24)/4 = 69 pots (now thats not superhuman...but lets us train a little longer)

Also... stackable Quick Key enabled BODY RESTS are a must... it is so hard to click on your "use" icon...then use the pot... move the inventory box out of the way...click on "move" icon... click somewhere on the map to flee.

wow, nice job: moonshadow do you mean like each body rest has a certain number of 'doses' ; 1 body rest might be able to be drinking 3 times

1. If anything, for the quick slots, you have an extra row, and the pots would only be stackable in there because the items are still nonstackable in the actual inventory. So having it in the quickspots would only "link" it to that item, and not actually carry it.

2. Also, the problem with sliders is that if you have a lot of money, it becomes hard to withdraw a specific amount. That's why I'd like to be able to just type it in.

Ok...after working on the "Wallet Sliding bar" idea... I had a new idea for when you DEPOSIT stuff into storage....

Deposit_Inventory.gif

Ok...you only have 36 possible combinations ... So wherever you see WIDGET ... it's just a placeholder. (Widgets not visible)

Quantity effects how the + / - buttons work ( so if you make a mistake... you can - out and get your stuff back...up to your original limit)

So this is all you would see (if this was all you were carrying)

Deposit_Inventory_without_widgets.gif

2. Also, the problem with sliders is that if you have a lot of money, it becomes hard to withdraw a specific amount. That's why I'd like to be able to just type it in.

Ok...sliding bars should Adjust to the amount you own....so yes...when you have 47 billion dollars in the bank...it'll be hard to grab just 3 dollars...but would you really care? so you grab $100 ... who cares... your still rich! Put it back in storage after you buy your Cup of Coffee.

(PS: ShadowKnight...I'm in no way making fun of your response... I'm just very tired and felt like adding a little humor ;-) )

When you only have $ 100 in storage... depending on how many pixels are allowed for the bar... you should be able to get an exacting amount.

that's a bit on the confusing side of things.. mind explaining it a little bit more?

Ok...here goes....

lets say that ENT makes the sliding bar 100 pixels wide...

I have $100 in storage;

For every time I move that slider left/right ... the amount in storage changes by $1

If I had $1000 in storage;

For every time I move that slider left/right ... the amount in storage changes by $10

If I had $10,000 in storage;

For every time I move that slider left/right ... the amount in storage changes by $100

I'm hoping he'd make the bar bigger than 100 pixels ... but if not, then he could make every pixel count as 2 pixels...

So...

If you had $100 in bank;

For every time I move that slider left/right ... the amount in storage changes by .5 (in 1 GP increments)

If you had $1,000 in bank;

For every time I move that slider left/right ... the amount in storage changes by $1

Pixel Value = INT((Total Amt / Pixel length) / 2)

Ok...last though on the inventory before I goto bed...

We can summon Gargoyles... so how about summoning a MULE ... something you can bring into the mine... but make sure you feed it, or it dissapears. Make it only good for 1 trip.... and you can only pick one up at Harveys... and if you run away from it too fast...it will start to wander... making it available to other players to grab the reigns.

Alright... done with worring about the inventory tonight. =)

Ok... so I'm on my way back from the mine... forgot to save some food for my return trip...my Inventory is full... and so is my MULE... but the damn thing starved on the way back to storage! Someone wanna be a runner for me?!?!?

Mule.gif

PS: Yes I know its really a wolf... I'm just using it as a demo =)

Ok... now to work on WITHDRAWING stuff from storage...

Lets say I'd like to withdraw 7 health potions...7 iron ore...and 7 vials....oh...and 7 pieces of leather too...

I just change QUANTITY to 7 ... and then click on all the items in my storage that I want 7 of! Then Click DONE .

Withdraw_Items_from_storage.gif

Well...after designing the WITHDRAW FROM STORAGE picture... I thought to myself...why can't it work the other way around as well? Have DEPOSIT TO STORAGE show an image of everything you're carrying...and just change QUANTITY and click on the items you want deposited!

I'm liking all these ideas, and I know other people have had similar ones, but never seen much posted about it...

though the wallet thing... maybe another name would better suit it? :D

if nothing else, a user definable amount to drop/pick-up/deposit/withdraw would be nice :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence Hazor ... just throwing out as many ideas as I can...

I'd like to see the slide bar for money when you goto storage...it's the easiest way I can imagine to move money to-from storage. When you look in your inventory...you'll just see the amount of money you are carrying.

I like the idea of money being displayed like that. I think coins as an inventory item should be done away with. Instead of storing them at storage, you could deposit money at banks. (there are banks that I've seen, without NPCs). When you died, you would lose a percentage of your money. I don't know how picking up / dropping / trading coins would work though. Maybe they would still be displayed other places as items, but not take up inventory slots and be displayed as a total amount in the inventory screen.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Ok I didn't mean to spam but WOW I'm almost speechless dang I've never seen so much on one suggestion.

Dang those are really great ideas easier then how things are now

Thanks Aerowind... but I guess I'm beating a dead horse here... 120+ people have read this post...and only 6 votes LOL... gues its not as importaint as I thought ;-)