Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
asgnny

Mana drain bug(?), with new_selection

Using CVS (only) with NEW_SELECTION enabled, I have disconnected from the server immediately upon selecting a target (Yeti) for mana drain. The disconnect happens before the Yeti is engaged in combat. This has only happened while mana draining the Yeti before clicking on it with the attack cursor (i.e. not mana draining while already in combat). I have been informed that the server received a Touch of an invalid actor number immediately prior to my disconnection.

Additional information which may or may not be related: Using the RC11 data files, many players using both the RC and cvs are getting similar disconnections, simply by clicking on or near many creatures (confirmed with yeti, snow leopard, polar bear, hawks...). This problem occurs with or without new_selection enabled in the client options; with or without shadows; with or without fog, etc.

Edit: This problem seems to have been fixed by Schmurk's latest cvs additions. :)

Separate issue: My client occasionally stops using the vertex program (so UVP: 0) after toggling to/from fullscreen (one or more times).

Edited by asgnny

I have noticed a similar issue with mana drain when you miss your target. If I don't "hit" the person or animal I'm attempting to drain, I get an auto disconnect. A bit perilous in PK.

Edited by Ozmondius

I've seen a really obvious bug in the code that was allowing to send wrong IDs to the server for remote spells. I've corrected that on the CVS and it should resolve this issue...