Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pride

A new Command

I did a search and nothing came up. For a while, people have been complaining that PK is dead. Even on the PK server it is hard to find people to kill at some parts of the day. Me and a guildie went looking at a bunch of the maps for about 20 mins and found like 1 afk harvester. We ended up giving up and he went to go do his thing, i went afk.

So I suggest that we have a new command to list the number of people on the map we're on. So instead of people not even bothering to look, they can check if there are people on the map, and if there are, they can go looking. This sounded good when it popped into my head >.> Dunno if it'll be hard to implement. What do you guys/gals think?

Why should the PKers get something that monster trainers do not?

I think Neil was being a little sarcastic, but if PKers get a chance of finding out if there is anyone they can go to fight, why not the monster trainers? Or we could extend this to another command that helps the harvesters by taking them straight to the nearest resource of their choice. Perhaps #harv_itemname for that?

:D

I know neil was being sarcastic :D

Nobody is stopping you guys from suggesting a command like that. But what good will a command like that do? It'll list the monsters, but how would you know if any1 is training on them? This is a bit diff. than a/d training because if you can't find anything your lv to train on, you can ts and train on something else. Or if that doesn't work, double TS. Thing is for some PKers out there, it's all they do. They complain that PK is dead and they don't bother to look, then they quit and that sucks.

And Matty if you don't like the suggestion, don't be a sarcastic ass about it. Say what you think would give PKers too much of an edge and how it doesn't benefit other ppl or w/e.

Abusable, you can too easily hunt mercury runners and all other PK harvesters. At the moment, you have to look by yourself risking being beaten, now you wouldn't have to be, so there is big advantage with nothing to balance it.

Abusable, you can too easily hunt mercury runners and all other PK harvesters. At the moment, you have to look by yourself risking being beaten, now you wouldn't have to be, so there is big advantage with nothing to balance it.

It's what we want, there will soon be thousands of new players in game.

Will make it easier to get some PK-drops. :D

(just made my first Skull Crossbones Scarf)

grats, zam :P yeah everyone's expecting a load of players soon :D and thank you khalai. That's more the type of criticism i was looking for not, "why don't we have a command to see where the nearest outhouse is" kind of BS :P

Edited by swordofflame

It's what we want, there will soon be thousands of new players in game.

Will make it easier to get some PK-drops. :D

(just made my first Skull Crossbones Scarf)

Yay for a great PKer getting all excited about killing newcomers to the game! So PRO!

great.... whats the point of camo cape / invis spell or potion if there is a command to tell ppl who is on the map... :ph34r::ph34r:

The point is to

make it easier to get some PK-drops.

Isn't it obvious? PKers want to PK players. Preferably players should queue to get PKed. Otherwise PKing is dead!!111~

Edited by Kheres

great.... whats the point of camo cape / invis spell or potion if there is a command to tell ppl who is on the map... :D:P

The point is to

Isn't it obvious? PKers want to PK players. Preferably players should queue to get PKed. Otherwise PKing is dead!!111~

[sarcasm]I thought, someone said, they PK only for the sake of PKing, not for drops.[/sarcasm]

great.... whats the point of camo cape / invis spell or potion if there is a command to tell ppl who is on the map... :P:D

number of ppl on map, not who's on the map :D

great.... whats the point of camo cape / invis spell or potion if there is a command to tell ppl who is on the map... :P:D

number of ppl on map, not who's on the map :D

Result of it is just the same.

When I harvest on pk maps, do I have the minimap open, easy to see if people are near. :icon13:

As far as I know minimap shows only people that are in your range of sight. It has nothing to do with the abovementioned command.

Moreover, if minimap solves your problems then why you insist on having this command?

When I harvest on pk maps, do I have the minimap open, easy to see if people are near. :icon13:

As far as I know minimap shows only people that are in your range of sight. It has nothing to do with the abovementioned command.

Moreover, if minimap solves your problems then why you insist on having this command?

I don't.

No need with the minimap, but I had been thinking of it before.

You can see people on the minimap when they are 20 -25 steps away - before range of sight.

But if you are looking for a fight on a big map, would it be nice to know if other are there too.

I have seen PKers enter a big map, made ready to go there too - take some time - and they are impossible to find.

Maybe they left because the map was empty, maybe they still are searching for other players.

I don't pm them and ask them for fight, I guess they would call their friends for help. :P

yeah, it's nice to know if there are people on the map. Not the names of people on the map, jsut the number would be real nice. And it's cool for the peeps that get merc :icon13:

OK, so working on the assumption that PKers are in it for the thrill of the fight, and not just for free drops/easy PK points/bullying/etc.....

Why not set up a PK channel? you can say "who wants to fight" and meet up wherever you choose. No need to trawl through all the maps to see how many people there :huh:

OK, so working on the assumption that PKers are in it for the thrill of the fight, and not just for free drops/easy PK points/bullying/etc.....

Why not set up a PK channel? you can say "who wants to fight" and meet up wherever you choose. No need to trawl through all the maps to see how many people there :huh:

I been thinking of it too, but there are the risk that you meet 20 enemies when you come to fight 1on1.

there's no honesty btwn ppl here than u don't know.(edit:even between ppl u DO or thought you knew. I had newb friends that were weaker suddenly summon on me or kill me after they bought higher chars) You meet up for a fight, 3 secs later, there's a load of summons and 5 invis ppl coming out of nowhere xD people are trying to liven up PK with some PK contests, and those are pretty fun, but lots of em are on saturdays :/

Edited by swordofflame

3 secs later, there's a load of summons and 5 invis ppl coming out of nowhere xD

Pretty much the same thing as "You turn up naked to collect some mercury, and suddenly a guy in full tit and thermal serp shows up and pwns you"

So the suggestion above of making newbs form an orderly queue to be PK'd is seeming more on topic :huh:

Maybe we could just make IP into PK and that would give Pkers all the targets they need

great.... whats the point of camo cape / invis spell or potion if there is a command to tell ppl who is on the map... :D:P

The point is to

[sarcasm]I thought, someone said, they PK only for the sake of PKing, not for drops.[/sarcasm]

omfg because u think ppl will go on pk map ig they know i am there or some players even stronger ? i can kill most ppl in el... no way i have my name shown :P or event telling there are 3 ppl on map because u can just see who's @molgor 5 mins before on full pk gear and know who roams around kf -_-'

and i don't speak only for kf, ppl know when some strong player is arround on pk maps, we all got friends somewhere knowing if a strong player is on a pk map -_-'

i don't rly agree with this idea..

maybe if there is a comand such as #hide_pk so it won't say u are on the pk map for ppl who wanna keep their privacy...

@zamirah :D when i pk i always have minimap on and drink invis potions as soon as i see white dot on the map :D

edit : u ppl don't think... if a noob sees a high lvl pker on the map, he'll get out asap... its not about the high lvl p^layer finding noobs... its about the noobs / lower lvls knowing if some big fish is out there to eat them, and i don't agree... no point in invis and stuff...

btw that full tit and thermal serp coming invis at merc, u talking about me ? i got lots of merc harvesters on counter :D

Edited by Michic0_oL