Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

Price of Great Swords Dropped ?

For example, almost everyone can make more money than they are making right now. For example, get an extra job (Burger King always hires people). But the problem is that there is a tradeoff between money and enjoyment.

Certainly, my point was people do that for other reasons than saving economy.

If the guy that has cows buys even more cows, and gets rich, the other guys will charge him more milk for their services.

Unless he floods the market, everyone will be fed up with milk, price will drop, he will be unable to pay bills and to feed so many cows. Then he will be forced to reduce his stock, and the balance will be restored ;-)

Edited by Cruella

With the way prices are going for serp stones and probably soon other stones ( since making this topic serp stones are now being sold for 3.5kgc where as when i made it they were 3kgc ) I just hope that people begin to realise the true cost of weopons /armor etc.

What i mean is, I honestly think that sooner or later the price of high end armors and wepons is going to have to go up a bit. Because as it stands, and this will be interesting to note how it changes in the coming weeks, an EFE can be sold for 7k ( from a bot ive seen ) serp stones are 3.5kgc and binding stones * seem * to have levelled out at 7kgc.

Will be worth looking at the prices of these things in another 2-3 weeks, considering the serp stones went up 500gc since this topic began.

Saying that, the price of armors/swords probably WONT go up and again someone is going to rip me a new one for saying this, but the reason they probably wont go up is bots.

A bot can afford to sell armors/wepons for less than it costs to make them because they probably didnt even make them in the first place ( not allways of course , and to add to that why sell your stuff cheap to a bot only to watch it make the 5k profit you could have had? )

And just as a final note, perhaps if players want to see steadier prices for things, they should start trading more with each other and less with bots. Example : I didnt see a player selling an EFE for 7kgc first , it was a bot, and I didnt see a player selling serp stones for 4k first , it was a bot.

Am i Bot bashing ? Maybe, but to say they are not having an effect on the price or availablilty of certain things is just ignoring that they exist and are dictating the direction of the economy on certain items.

Someone might come back at me with saying , but the players set the market prices, bots dont. But thats simply not true. Like I said, the first I saw of an EFE at 7kgc was from a bot, not a player, and hey presto you do a rraisa and now theres more than one of them selling for 7kgc.

Try doing a /rraisa buy serpent stone and you will see that ALL bots are buying them and NO bots are selling them.

I'll still trade with bots, you kind of have to if you see one that has something you want. Hypocrisy FTW.

*edit* Look sorry if this post sounds like a complete attack on bots, but they are certainly shaping the economics of the game with regards to certain items namely EFE , serp stones. To say that its players who are setting the prices isnt true anymore , if enough bots start selling thier rare stuff at a high enough price, players follow the lead

Edited by Ateh

To say that its players who are setting the prices isnt true anymore , if enough bots start selling thier rare stuff at a high enough price, players follow the lead

Ewwwww .... I don't get it - who sets buy/sell prices on bots? Artificial intelligence or human being called a player / bot owner?

Ewwwww .... I don't get it - who sets buy/sell prices on bots? Artificial intelligence or human being called a player / bot owner?

Sometimes it is impossible to say a difference.

To say that its players who are setting the prices isnt true anymore , if enough bots start selling thier rare stuff at a high enough price, players follow the lead

See how big influence you can have to economy? You only have to spend couple of dollars to get bot, and all players and bot owners will eventually follow the price you set.

said I'd come back to this post in a couple of weeks to see how the prices of rare things have changed from bots - there was one selling EFE for 10kgc today, and its not even been 2 weeks.

Sorry, but 10kgc for an EFE is the funniest thing ive ever seen on the market channel.

I dont know about anyone else but to be honest i'm sick of seeing bots ripping people off. You might as well just charge 50k for the f'ing EFE

EFE costs 2$ in EL shop IIRC. 1$ is 4-5kgc, correct? That means, EFE won't go over 10-12kgc IMO, but still, that's mad. I remember days, when EFE was about 2.5kgc :icon13:

said I'd come back to this post in a couple of weeks to see how the prices of rare things have changed from bots - there was one selling EFE for 10kgc today, and its not even been 2 weeks.

Sorry, but 10kgc for an EFE is the funniest thing ive ever seen on the market channel.

I dont know about anyone else but to be honest i'm sick of seeing bots ripping people off. You might as well just charge 50k for the f'ing EFE

What socks me is that you are talking different about bots and player. The bot is like a saleman, that stands on the market the whole day and sells his bosses items and products. And offcourse the price is set by the boss not the saleman!

What i wanted to say is that the bot is only the other face of the master.

Of course bot prices are set by players , but does that change the the fact a group of players are taking the piss with thier prices ?

Of course bot prices are set by players , but does that change the the fact a group of players are taking the piss with thier prices ?

Simply don't buy if the price is too high :whistle:

I'm sorry, but bitch and moan... that's about all I see here.

Disclaimer: I do not own a BOT, never have and most likely never will.

Who forces players to sell to BOTs? A BOT can't sell for less than cost if they can't buy for less than cost. Its really, really simple - players are willing to sacrifice profit (even sell at a loss) for convenience. You could try for an hour to sell a high end armor/weapon/etc, or you could locate a bot in and sell in as long as it takes you to walk there. This frees up time to do other things while in game - and to many players it is worth the trade off.

What about BOTs that sell for exhorbitant prices (EFEs to 10K?). No one is forcing players to buy from these BOTs. If you don't like price, look elsewhere. Again, we come back to the idea of "Is it worth the time to buy/sell on market channel?". Some players may buy EFEs for 10K of they can't find any on market channel in the time period they're willing to devote to looking and waiting.

Its supply and demand. Clearly the supply of some things (apparently high end armor) has become great enough to drive prices down (even below cost of ingredients). Clearly the (lack of) supply of some things (EFEs) has become scarce enough to drive prices up.

We may not like it, but one learns quickly that you don't always get things the way you want in life. Welcome to the real world (oops, welcome to EL).

Amen to that :whistle:

I agree as well, in addition you have the players who need a quick buck and are willing to sell below cost, that's another effect lowering the perceived market price.

ok darwin you win, i am completely wrong for posting my observations , obviously if any one makes a post that isnt 100% positive its a complete bitch and moan nowadays.

I totally didnt realise that the reason people willingly get ripped off is becasue they cant be bothere to post an ad on the market channel.

Hell, I wonder why that is ???????

ok darwin you win, i am completely wrong for posting my observations , obviously if any one makes a post that isnt 100% positive its a complete bitch and moan nowadays.

I totally didnt realise that the reason people willingly get ripped off is becasue they cant be bothere to post an ad on the market channel.

Hell, I wonder why that is ???????

True, market channel isn't used anymore since all those bots spam it :whistle:

Market channel? ahh you mean bot channel where people are still allowed to talk..

Market channel? ahh you mean bot channel where people are still allowed to talk..

That's the reason, I don't have it turned on. I'm not interested in bot spam... Where are all those ideas to move bots proposals to another channel? :)

#ignore, use rraisa to see if a bot has what you need or wants what you want to sell, #unignore for negotiations and trade, rinse and repeat :)

(still I use channel 3 only on rare occasions and bots even less :whistle:)