Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ateh

Price of Great Swords Dropped ?

See its funny that Ent came in and said theres allways the chance of making a rare item, because I just tried making my first set of steel greaves and they came out as Steel Greaves of Uber Defense :)

Manufacturing is fun , I think they have just paid for every GC ive ever put into manu lol

See its funny that Ent came in and said theres allways the chance of making a rare item, because I just tried making my first set of steel greaves and they came out as Steel Greaves of Uber Defense :)

Manufacturing is fun , I think they have just paid for every GC ive ever put into manu lol

pr0, gratz. You're selling them though, shame on you :(

~kGn

leather helms were profit once, then thread changed to 2gc so you cant make gc with manu in any way except with beeing lucky (special swords).

If money is the problem for you, you can make thread by yourself.

I just tried making my first set of steel greaves and they came out as Steel Greaves of Uber Defense :cry:

My first steel plate was rare :cry:

I just tried making my first set of steel greaves and they came out as Steel Greaves of Uber Defense :P

My first steel plate was rare ;)

nice feeling aint it ! what is crazy tho is yesterday I made a pair of Ubber defense greaves and today I just made another pair LOL

2 pairs n 2 days !

I just tried making my first set of steel greaves and they came out as Steel Greaves of Uber Defense :P

My first steel plate was rare ;)

nice feeling aint it ! what is crazy tho is yesterday I made a pair of Ubber defense greaves and today I just made another pair LOL

2 pairs n 2 days !

haha, gratz man :icon13:

~kGn

I just tried making my first set of steel greaves and they came out as Steel Greaves of Uber Defense :blush:

My first steel plate was rare :P

2 pairs n 2 days !

so damn bloody lucky i need this kind of luck too...

Hmmm, perhaps those that whine a lot make more special items???

We should try it all

you should try it because I just made a modable steel long sword as well LOL

Giving weekly NDD's was 1 thing, it indeed eases the whining of the pk being dead for a while..

Then came the pk-server and most pk'ers left and have their own server to whine on now..

It seems that crying about stuff in game indeed makes a difference..

I just read a great goodbye speech from lochnesslobster, he left because of the caps, so maybe this will be removed again since people seem to be listened to once they cry about it..

Why can't this game just have a npc that sells all bindings/bars/rostos and other rare stones...

This probably won't happen...it would kinda kill the economy and make these items way too readily available, even if the buy-from price on the NPCs was really high. Stones/enriched essies (except att/nex remove stones) are already available for purchase from the EL online store...if you really need some, buy them or find somebody to buy them for you.

On-topic (but still a response): players probably wouldn't want to pay much more than 21-22kgc (ever) even if the ingredients were more readily available, and it would be even more of a loss for the manuers because bindings/EFEs/etc. would be most likely much more expensive from an NPC than from other players.

I did manu a while back and I found that it was annoying. No one really wants the stuff I made unless they get a really great deal on it... (actually got an offer of 120k on SGoUD >.>) so i stopped making manu stuff and got rid of the nexus. most of the things I make have to be made in bulk just to make good profit :/ and that has to be made from scratch not to mention fails... and costs of EFE's / Bindings which i obviously can't get from scratch unless I buy off shop

So I agree prices on items are drastically dropping =/

(FYI first post in weeks \o/)

Why can't this game just have a npc that sells all bindings/bars/rostos and other rare stones...

This probably won't happen...it would kinda kill the economy and make these items way too readily available, even if the buy-from price on the NPCs was really high. Stones/enriched essies (except att/nex remove stones) are already available for purchase from the EL online store...if you really need some, buy them or find somebody to buy them for you.

On-topic (but still a response): players probably wouldn't want to pay much more than 21-22kgc (ever) even if the ingredients were more readily available, and it would be even more of a loss for the manuers because bindings/EFEs/etc. would be most likely much more expensive from an NPC than from other players.

I don't really think it would kill the economy. Like selling EFE for 8kgc, only people who are in a really big need would buy them from NPC and this way gc leaves the economy, ok there comes an EFE in but that's not a big deal because an item will be made of it and leave the economy too 1 day (if not it just takes dust in someone's storage). So I think it would actually be good for the economy to have an npc that sells rare stuff but 10-20% more expensive than current market price.

Edited by Cycloonx

Besides for the obvious "my poor castle won't have any new bricks" issue, having an NPC that sells those rare items would only encourage people to make mules and go to the lillac bush.

Yes, you will say, but people can do that now too.

Well, that's true, however right now there are so many rare items in the game, so even if someone goes at the bush then buys them all, we won't end up with 500K rostos in the game any time soon.

Besides for the obvious "my poor castle won't have any new bricks" issue, having an NPC that sells those rare items would only encourage people to make mules and go to the lillac bush.

Yes, you will say, but people can do that now too.

Well, that's true, however right now there are so many rare items in the game, so even if someone goes at the bush then buys them all, we won't end up with 500K rostos in the game any time soon.

Well you got a point too, but I don't think anyone would go harvest lilacs to buy EFE from npc if they can buy for 1-2k cheaper from other players. Anyway, I didn't think about your new bricks so I guess it won't come in anyway :icon13:

Many people now don't do the lillacs thing because they know that if they do so, others will do so too, and the EFE prices will go up too much, and then they won't be worth it.

On the other hand, if you know that you have an infinite supply of EFEs at a constant price waiting for you, it's much more motivating to do some harvesting in order to get them.

It's not like a lot of people harvest BL for 100kgc to buy col from NPC if they can buy for ~50k (dont know real price) from other players. Same for other overpriced items on NPCs

It's not like a lot of people harvest BL for 100kgc to buy col from NPC if they can buy for ~50k (dont know real price) from other players. Same for other overpriced items on NPCs

But what if there was player who has harvested billions of lilacs and does advertise he is buying all the cols of the game?

The prices will obviously go up to meet NPC price. That is how economy works, in game or not.

On the other hand, if there was not NPC selling cols, that would be stupid. Price of col would not have ceiling, but it would raise into infinite values. The player would run out of the money if he attemps to buy all cols for 100 million gc each.

But now, if he had constant supply of cols from NPC, he could say: "Either you sell for price I set, or I buy from NPC. I have money to pay something more, but I am the only person that can buy for this high price."

Edited by ville-v

But your idea doesn't work irl, that's purely theoretical. You can never obtain enough money to get all cols in game. Even if you could, the production of cols would rise a lot since a lot of people would smell gc so you would always need more and more money. It's the same like no one is able to buy all EFE ingame, if they could the price would also rise dramaticly but that simply isn't possible in EL because there are just too many...

Many people now don't do the lillacs thing because they know that if they do so, others will do so too, and the EFE prices will go up too much, and then they won't be worth it.

I believe they don't do that since there are better sources of income per hour which additionally give more exp than lilacs (although the hypothesis above that idealizes motives of average EL player behavior sounds very nice). It is like saying that in RL people do not do anything to make more money, because it will drive others to make even more and that will lead to global inflation.

Going back to the topic, I've checked old EL prices on the website and by sending queries to Trinitybot in order to see what was price range for various items in the past, long before I started to play. It seems that in majority of cases prices are going down, which can mean either overproduction or less money on the market, or both.

But your idea doesn't work irl, that's purely theoretical. You can never obtain enough money to get all cols in game. Even if you could, the production of cols would rise a lot since a lot of people would smell gc so you would always need more and more money.

Col is obviously bad example. But EFE is cheaper and people cannot simply make more. One person could buy 100, guild with couple of months of free time could triple the market price just for sake of it. Obviously even they could not buy all, there would always be hoarders who hope for the price to be doubled again.

But your idea doesn't work irl, that's purely theoretical. You can never obtain enough money to get all cols in game. Even if you could, the production of cols would rise a lot since a lot of people would smell gc so you would always need more and more money.

Col is obviously bad example. But EFE is cheaper and people cannot simply make more. One person could buy 100, guild with couple of months of free time could triple the market price just for sake of it. Obviously even they could not buy all, there would always be hoarders who hope for the price to be doubled again.

If EFE price goes up steadily people simply buy more from shop so the price goes back down in the long run...

It is like saying that in RL people do not do anything to make more money, because it will drive others to make even more and that will lead to global inflation.

Actually, this does happen IRL.

For example, almost everyone can make more money than they are making right now. For example, get an extra job (Burger King always hires people). But the problem is that there is a tradeoff between money and enjoyment. If you work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, you will have more money than someone that works only 40 hours a week. But that person will actually have some time to enjoy his money, while you won't be able to do so.

One other thing you need to consider is that the EL econonomy is much smaller than the RL economy. In EL there are less than 10K people, while IRL there are over 6 billion. So IRL, the fact that you get more money won't affect the prices too much, but in a smaller economy it would.

Say you have a group of 10 people (say, small village), and everyone does something different. One guy does the blacksmith stuff, someone else has cows, and so on. If the guy that has cows buys even more cows, and gets rich, the other guys will charge him more milk for their services.