Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jezebelle

Gamne crashes

Since I updated my Nvidia card drivers, as Entropy suggested, I have had more sudden game crashes then I did in all this time im a citizen of this World.

Any suggestions?

Jez

Ge the newest client that I posted in the general chat a few days ago.

I have..tried them all..

When it crashes, windows will show an option like "details" or soemthing liek that. Click on that, and it will say where the problem is (in el.exe or soem dll file). Please post where it crashes.

Alternatively, you can either try to downgrade the drivers, or, better yet, get a nicer video card. Many of them are under 80 Euros.

When it crashes, windows will show an option like "details" or soemthing liek that. Click on that, and it will say where the problem is (in el.exe or soem dll file). Please post where it crashes.

Alternatively, you can either try to downgrade the drivers, or, better yet, get a nicer video card. Many of them are under 80 Euros.

Today I crahed by the changing of the day, but I also just crash doing nothing at all..

It said this:

AppName: el.exe AppVer: 1.5.0.0 ModName: nvoglnt.dll

ModVer: 6.14.10.6177 Offset: 002bf315

Is this what you need?

Jez

Yes, that's what I wanted, thanks. The problem is with the Nvidia drivers, it seems (by the name of the dll).

There is not much you can do, but if you decide to get a new video card, get an ATI. From now on, I won't recommend Nvidia cards to anyone.

weird thing is, I never crashed before..only after I upgraded, as you told me..

Jez

If you had no problems with your old driver, then this is an easy fix.

Get them back!

uninstall the current driver and install the old one.

btw why should people update their drivers when they have no problems with them?

There is an old saying as old as computers:

"Never change a running system."

If you had no problems with your old driver, then this is an easy fix.

Get them back!

uninstall the current driver and install the old one.

btw why should people update their drivers when they have no problems with them?

There is an old saying as old as computers:

"Never change a running system."

I know Im blonde..but how do I get my old drivers back? Only the latests are downloadable..^ ^ and I have overwritten my old drivers..so i dont have em any more..:cry:

Jez

which version do you have installed?

the latest working driver for your card seems to be 71.89

if you haven't installed this version try it first.

If you have 71.89 installed and it doesn't work,

uninstall it and try an older one one Alia's list

like 71.84

Aha! I'm a TNT 2 victim as well. My PC has the previous versions of the drivers in a list. If you use the control panel to hardware to video card, it will let you choose them. I should have verified the path before I posted ;) but it is a simple click through. Ahem, I should try it myself!

I had a MS crash today myself. It was the first time since the new client.

One thing I do that seems to improve all game play is turn off my anti-virus program (this year it's Avast) which seems to make a difference.

I downgraded my drivers..and after a roll in the hay with my computer I had no more crashes..*fingers crossed*

Thanks all, for trying to help ;)

Jez

... and I have overwritten my old drivers.

Jez, never overwrite NVidia drivers. If you want update drivers you should uninstall old and instal new. This is described on NVidia pages.

Yes, that's what I wanted, thanks. The problem is with the Nvidia drivers, it seems (by the name of the dll).

There is not much you can do, but if you decide to get a new video card, get an ATI. From now on, I won't recommend Nvidia cards to anyone.

i got an ATI card on lnx ubuntu, can't play at all on my comp, game just loads then crash... i have this problem only after the recent big update, then yesterday i installed new drivers, tried again, same prob :rolleyes:

Are the ATI drivers activated? Because I think on ubuntu (at least the previous versions) they are not activated by default.

Do you have the compiz on? That might also cause issues with EL.

Are the ATI drivers activated? Because I think on ubuntu (at least the previous versions) they are not activated by default.

Do you have the compiz on? That might also cause issues with EL.

yes i have the drivers activated, and what is the compiz? :ph34r:

this happens to me so much its not funny every 5 mins im not even moveing and it pops up error the dam lil windows popup comes up send dont send and its soo anyoing

If you EVER post stuff like that (not giving a fuck about the English orthography, being totally off topic, not listening to what you are told, etc.) on my forum, I'm going to revoke your privilege of posting here.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this