Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Evalin

Tailoring uses.

As it is right now, clothes from tailoring are there just to look good right?

Why not put a use to them. Manuable items give armor and stats, but why not give the tailors robes and such that give levels. You use a weapon that gives you +3 def, +3 acc and + x amount of damage. Why not have say, a robe of summons that gives a +5 to summon while worn, or blacksmith's gloves that give a +5 to manu. Maybe a labcoat that gives +5 alch. Just a random thought, what you think? :>

I am just guessing, but I think the ability to create special items (the cloaks for example) is one that won't easily be made available to players. However, some rare items (akin to steel helm of mana etc) might fit in with the current game.

Would be cool though. I'd love to see pr0 pkers fighting in dresses for the extra accuracy. On that note, don't all the great mages wear robes instead of armour, putting them at risk? They must do it for a reason! (I think the reason is actually to do with the restrictiveness of the armour hampering spell-casting, but for the sake of this topic let's pretend robes enhance their magic abilities, perhaps higher success rate, half-mana like the summon cape or even... 0 seconds magic cooldown even in combat)

. However, some rare items (akin to steel helm of mana etc) might fit in with the current game.

I agree . most clothes should be just normal . but a slight chance to produce an item with bonuses of some kind or another would be good

Well since now there will be a mage class would be cool to have some enchant clothes for them. This would make mages to use rostogol in pk maps to protect value items then go naked and use some essences and SR only.

Not seeing some mage with a/d around ~50 or ~80 to use tit plate set cuz is worthless and weights too much emu but seeing em with a black robe that could increase harm spell or a blue one that could increase cold damage, or a red one that could increase fire damage etc.

Would be cool though. I'd love to see pr0 pkers fighting in dresses for the extra accuracy. On that note, don't all the great mages wear robes instead of armour, putting them at risk? They must do it for a reason! (I think the reason is actually to do with the restrictiveness of the armour hampering spell-casting, but for the sake of this topic let's pretend robes enhance their magic abilities, perhaps higher success rate, half-mana like the summon cape or even... 0 seconds magic cooldown even in combat)

I think I can fill this one in;

Mage class = your ancient Wizard/Witch. In classic RPGs a lot of magic was based off the Earth. Mages (well, good mages) were supposed to draw their power from Gaia, or the Earth's spirit (whatever that's called).

Metal (I.E. plate) blocks the flow of energy, thus limiting a mage's abilities. That's also why you don't see any "Warrior-Mage" type people in modern times :P . The two classes are incompatiable, in virtually every fantasy game.

@Thread: Yeah, I'd like to see some cool clothes that give bonuses. Nothing too drastic, at first anyway, but something like "Blue Robes of Weather-Immunity" might be cool. +15 resistance to heat/cold.

I really like Hades idea about cloaks that could increase the damage of spells! Or even add heat/cold/radiation damage

Edited by Aphistolas