Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Naralik Arena Showdown

Will Bronze Sword be allowed in the tourney?
Yes.

But, I am very wary of the Bronze Sword... all the other Great Swords and non-enchanted weapons require more strategic use. The Bronze Sword does mass damage (even mass minimum damage) and still retains good bonuses to accuracy and crits. There is no trade-off for that damage and i fear it will eliminate the requirement for using good strategy with weapons and medallion choice. I will be watching anyone using a Bronze Sword carefully, and if i think it's overpowered it will not be allowed at future events.

The fact it breaks very easily is a trade-off, yes, but so long as your rich you can just buy many of them and bring more than one. As it says in the original post, i want this to be a competition of character strength and strategy, not riches and chance.

Stricken/PyschO just let me know he cant make it, LaVallet is in.

Also, i wont be answering any more in-game PM's of questions that are answered in the original post. So if you PM me a question and i dont respond within a day, u most likely just need to re-read the first post, which has had many edits with new info since the initial posting.

Edited by Korrode

no sense in allow bronze sword and not allow enchanted weapons...

i think just great swords should be allowed at this tournament

that's my opinion

The Bronze Sword is listed in the encyclopedia under Great Swords. It's the only reason it's allowed in the first place... because EL officially recognizes it as a "Great Sword"... hmmm... if other competitors wanted to post their opinion on allowing the Bronze Sword, please do.

:medieval: Are Combat Rings like Rings of Power (I have 5 for sale :D btw) or Rings of Massive Mana Destruction (I have 10 for sale :D btw) allowed? No mention of them is made above.

:medieval: Great job Korrode, looks like fun all around :medieval:

:hehe: Are Combat Rings like Rings of Power (I have 5 for sale :devlish: btw) or Rings of Massive Mana Destruction (I have 10 for sale :hehe: btw) allowed? No mention of them is made above.
Yes they are allowed.

The initial post in it's original form did mention them, but i removed the reference as to not assist people in developing their strategy, or alert them to the possible strategy of others.

:icon13: Great job Korrode, looks like fun all around :mace:

You still 79/79 a/d or under Pepper? :pirate:

Am i putting u down as a backup? :P:D

The Bronze Sword is listed in the encyclopedia under Great Swords. It's the only reason it's allowed in the first place... because EL officially recognizes it as a "Great Sword"... hmmm... if other competitors wanted to post their opinion on allowing the Bronze Sword, please do.

Nah, no bronze swords IMO, will finish me 2 fast and i want to be able to take some screenies before i die :confused:

ye, even if bronze swords are "great swords" we should all agree not using them... they are too powerfull... and it ruins the fun of the contest :confused:

I'd like to note:

Yes, i donated a wee bit to the prize pot.

NO, I AM NOT HOSTING THIS EVENT. DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS RELATING TO IT.

If you have a question that is not answered in this thread, pm Korrode

Thanks all :confused:

put my name in, i'll TS :hug:

note 100% sure i can make it though, but why not have a shot anyway :D

PS: TS'ing to exactly 59 a/d is allowed, right? :happy:

PSS: just went through the list of items allowed, and i'm asking this for clarification cause some pk contests have disallowed these items.. are mana burn/massive mana burn/damage rings and rings of power allowed? (so i can prepare for 'em)

Edited by 2coolfool

PS: TS'ing to exactly 59 a/d is allowed, right? :icon13:
Yes... to my understanding 60/60 a/d will work (or 65/55, or 55/65, etc... as long as your combined a/d is 120 or less). If you can attack in the arena, you can compete.

I suggest everyone goto the arena and test that they can attack in the setup they plan to use on the day.

PSS: just went through the list of items allowed, and i'm asking this for clarification cause some pk contests have disallowed these items.. are mana burn/massive mana burn/damage rings and rings of power allowed? (so i can prepare for 'em)
Yes, they are allowed.

Unlike the Bronze Sword, the game itself provides adequate protection against these rings.

I dont like setting a rule and then changing it, but it's still many days until the tournament... so yeah, anyway, I'm changing something:

The Bronze Sword will NOT be allowed.

Apologies to those who i told could use it, but my reasons and concerns are spelled out in a previous post.

If i were to pk i'd use RoP's / Mass mana rings / mana drain / harm / poison.

also another pr0 strategy for naralik pm me in game :devlish:

harm and poison is waist of mana when u are fighting ;p

Unlike the Bronze Sword, the game itself provides adequate protection against these rings.

I dont like setting a rule and then changing it, but it's still many days until the tournament... so yeah, anyway, I'm changing something:

The Bronze Sword will NOT be allowed.

Apologies to those who i told could use it, but my reasons and concerns are spelled out in a previous post.

:o

You make me sad... :(

Anyways, I hope someone will drop out so I can compete, I will definitely be there on Saturday even if I can't.

Oh and btw, your (stricken) pr0 harm/poison/mana drain is pointless to any smart person who would bring magic protection immunity. :lipssealed:

Hope to see ya there.

Edited by Saint

harm and poison is waist of mana when u are fighting ;p

mana drain ftw?

and Saint, more then likely they'll wanna save that mana for the restore, cuz the other little "combo" I got can smakc for as much as a bronze sword :lipssealed:

The four Round 1 fights will be as follows:

Fight1: Shadow_of_Death VS Garnoo

Fight2: Duece VS Peach

Fight3: kaGen VS FatboyJaxx

Fight4: Malaca VS LaVallet

oh, and due to the good response and amount of backups, there will be a second tournament the weekend after this one.

Details about that will be in a new thread soon.

Edited by Korrode