Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Caps lock not working

Hehe...talk to Learner. I believe he implemented something to reduce all-caps spamming.

It's a feature, not a bug. The bug is that a chat message of some smilies gets down shifted. There have been too many rude people in the game, so the game is fighting beck :twisted:

another bug.

if i type some letters like "- . , " § ! " $ % & / ( )" or numbers the username is small like moonshadow: !?-.,

otherwise if i type letters like "asdfgh" its MoonShadow as usual.

you can detect smileys on the fact that they often start with : or ; and continue for one or 2 more letters.

other then that, if a big letter follows a . then its just normal typeing(i havea bad habbit of skipping that as you may have seen. i belive someone on the furcadia forum said she would never read another post from me before i changed that habbit, go fig). basicly you have to put in a kind of inline spellchecker :D

most symbols you get from shifting numbers or other special keys right?

im u type a message real fast it goes lowercase also

AND if you type the first letter lowercase then the rest can be ppercase EXAMPLE HI GUYS would be hi guys but hI GUYS would be hI GUYS

It is a simply setup & logic system. It isn't intended to catch people trying to avoid it, simply enforcing one simple rule.

As for typing speed making a difference, wrong, it only looks at what you typed when you press enter, not as you type it.

Learner, just do a percentage check.

Get the len of the letters in the string (exclude punctuation and numbers), and see what percent of them is uper case. If it's lower than 30% then let it pass. If the string is lower than 3 characters, let it pass, it might eba smile, or HI, etc.