Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

Guild CORE

The guild lasted for over a year, but never got very big. I was pretty selective about the people I allowed to join. I tought I was pulling together some good players until one of them got flamed on our guild message board by an outsider. Then it was like, "ZOMG! its time to jump ship!". I had no idea how fragile these people were. If I had a gray hair for every flame fest I have come across, my hair would be white. If I gained a black hair back for every flame war I participated in, I would look like I was wearing a skunk hat. Funny thing is, that wasn't the first time someone got flamed on the board. I just managed to delete it before anyone saw it. I wonder what would have happened if I left that one up?

Anyway, I was planning to take a break from EL for a time. Since my second in command was among those that jumped ship, I had no one to pass control of the guild to in my absence. So I decided to free up the remaining members to join other guilds & bring CORE to an end.

:P

PS

COMET, if you read this, you made the guild interesting & fun. If I ever start another guild, I hope you will join. :fire:

Sad to here bout it Scratch. Guilds sure can be hard things to run :P. Hope you enjoy your break from EL and find a guild for you once you come back. And stop roasting those gnomes! :fire:

Scratch its pretty unfair of you to call us fragile.

Im not going to bother telling everyone what the flaming was about but what iIwill say is that you KNOW it was your own fault for it happening, and that the '' outsider '' you talk about was in fact deeply connected to yourself.

If we have all learnt something from what happened , its that as the guild master, you dont start a flame war that will hurt the feelings of somebody, be it a guild member or an ''outider''.

Im sorry scratch, but to be honest you braught this on yourself. The fact that I left was because I could not condone your actions, and simply erasing messages from a board does not erase the fact that you did it.

Calling me fragile because I stood up for someone who had been verbally attacked ( or flamed as its known on the net ) isn't really cool.

Looks like you totally missed the point of why I left scratch, because you just flamed me as well.

** sigh **

Ok, wasn't naming people but you decided to out yourself. :w00t:

As the saying goes: Sticks & stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. (or is that?: sticks & bones may break my aug armour but your words will only entertain me.) :icon13:

What I am trying to point out is that you guys jumped ship because of some harsh words by someone that did not understand. That in short, without flaming, is fragile. You showed no loyalty to the guild (nevermind me) & proved no point by leaving.

The previous flame I mentioned was on you by someone ingame. Should I have left it up & booted you from the guild because they said harsh things about you? No, I deleted it & believed in the person I knew instead.

As I said ingame: Good luck with your guild :w00t:

:icon13:

I think your forgetting something scratch, I see no apology in any of your posts so far to the person who was verbally attacked in your guild.

I dont mind being known as somebody who will not condone a guild master starting a flame war in his own guild forum.

Thank you for giving me that chance

*edit* w/e

Edited by Ateh

Teh apology will be sent to the person directly & not in an open forum. It isn't proper to air dirty laundry in public. :P

I started no flame war. The person that did, apologized to me for getting involved without confronting me first. You wouldn't know this because you left before the smoke cleared. So you will have to be known for something else.

You are welcome for the chance. Too bad I can't say the same.

:P

Hey Scratch, remember me? :)

I was part of your guild as well for a little bit and enjoyed every moment with you guys...it was a gr8 guild and with a little time we all would've pitched in to make it even greater!!!

You taught me a lot about the guild, leveling, crafting ect and we will miss you a great deal. I just want to say tx for everything and still regard you as a friend!

Hope you get everything sorted quickly...see ya soon.

WiseGemmerKat

Glad you feel like apologising scratch

Sorry it ended this way, I remember when we first met in EL and i lent you my MM cloak so you could do a quest. From there we helped each other quite a few times, to many to mention, funny how things turn out sometimes ey?

Well , like Gemm I hope things are OK soon and you return to EL able to see this for what it was, a learning experience for us all

One last thing

Peace

aTeh

CORE was fun while it lasted

If you happen to read this scratch, the vast majority of the member of CORE joined up Ateh's guild TinT, so yeah basically CORE is still around just with a different tag XD

the vast majority of the member of CORE joined up Ateh's guild TinT, so yeah basically CORE is still around just with a different tag XD

Not saying core was bad or anything, it wasnt at all, we all enjoyed it if were being honest, but TinT isnt just CORE with a differant tag LOL !! :cry:

The differances are vast man ! :cry:

the vast majority of the member of CORE joined up Ateh's guild TinT, so yeah basically CORE is still around just with a different tag XD

Not saying core was bad or anything, it wasnt at all, we all enjoyed it if were being honest, but TinT isnt just CORE with a differant tag LOL !! :)

The differances are vast man ! :)

I think I would be inclined to believe TheComet over you at this point. :confused: