Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

Needing help with 3D hardware on 64 bit Linux

I have an AMD Turion64 laptop with ATI Radeon Xpress200M graphics. It seems that there is no hardware acceleration going on though. It seems to be doing Mesa with indirect rendering instead of using the graphics chip. Can anyone help me fix this? Thanks in advance. Details below.

Oh....and sorry if this is a repeat. I think there is a post on this, but I can't find it. The forum search tool never does work for me. It claims there is an error way too much.

lib64mesagl1-6.5-18.1mdv2007.0

lib64mesaglu1-6.5-17mdv2007.0

lib64mesaglut3-6.5-17mdv2007.0

libmesagl1-6.5-17mdv2007.0

libmesaglu1-6.5-17mdv2007.0

mesa-6.5-18.1mdv2007.0

x11-server-xorg-1.1.1-11mdv2007.0

[20:23:54] Window size adjusted to 990x720

[20:23:54] Couldn't find a hardware accelerated stencil buffer.

Shadows are not available.

[20:23:54] Hint: Try a 32 BPP resolution (if you are under XWindows, set your screen display to 24 or 32 bpp).

[20:23:54] GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.

[20:23:54] Couldn't find the GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension, not using it...

[20:23:54] GL_*_point_sprite extension found, using it.

[20:23:54] GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, NOT using it...

[20:23:54] GL_ARB_shadow extension found, using it.

[20:23:54] GL_EXT_framebuffer_object extension found, using it.

[20:23:54] GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two extension found, using it.

[20:23:54] Couldn't find the OpenGL Shading Language extension, not using it...

[20:23:59] Connecting to Server...

[20:24:00] Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands! If you're new to the game and need help, please read the newbie helper guides on the main website. If you would rather learn by doing, talk to the Tutorial NPC, which is at the start point. In addition to that, you can type #help_me and your question to get a live response if there are helpers online. Click on the screen to continue!

WARNING: Got a nifty custom client from someone? Then don't be surprised if they have your password!

[20:24:35] Video card: Mesa GLX Indirect

[20:24:35] Vendor ID: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org

[20:24:35] OpenGL Version: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.5)

[20:24:35] Supported extensions: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_logic_op GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_addre_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SGIX_shadow_ambient GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

I assume you use Mandriva?

The 32 bit version automagically detected and installed the ATI drivers for my laptop. In your case, it might be the fact that it's the 64b version? Or maybe you didn't chose the version with non GPL stuff?

I assume you use Mandriva?

The 32 bit version automagically detected and installed the ATI drivers for my laptop. In your case, it might be the fact that it's the 64b version? Or maybe you didn't chose the version with non GPL stuff?

Mandriva 2007 64bit Linux is what I have.

I think I saw some post about that setup before, but I can hardly ever get the forum searches to work right....too many errors.

Many laptops including mine (acer travelmate-ati mobility radeon 9700) have the graphics card locked.

That means that u cant install any drivers except the ones provided by your manufacturer.(u cant install catalyst or omega)

Try to install the graphics card drivers manually.Do not create an rpm package for your distribution.

Under windows this proplem is solved with DH Mod tool V4.Download here

I dont know if this is your problem but generally its better always to enable 3d manually.Dont forget to check your xorg.conf file.

My Xorg log said that the driver is busted for Radeon Xpress 200/200M and I believe yours as well. I have never heard of the driver being locked by the manufacturer.

It could be nice to see your xorg log to see where it comes from. Have you noticed any warnings in it?

Anyway, I'm not using mandriva but ubuntu and I know that latest versions of xorg automatically activates AIGLX that is not supported by ATI cards. So you have to deactivate it in order to have opengl acceleration.

Maybe the mandriva do it alone but in other case, you have to add this at the end of your xorg.conf:

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option  "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

Hope it can help...

My Xorg log said that the driver is busted for Radeon Xpress 200/200M and I believe yours as well. I have never heard of the driver being locked by the manufacturer.

Wanna bet?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this