Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TirunCollimdus

I am so hungry I could eat a PKer

Toadstools are great but for food points they way twice as much as feasting potions. Why make the game always better for people with huge emus? Give the weaker people a chance. A fighting chance but at least some kind of chance.

Make tree mushrooms into food. They still way only 1 emu each and give you 20 food points with no cooldown. To counteract this wonderful benefit you have a 5% chance of becoming PKable every time you eat one and poison antidote does not cure it. You just have to wait it out and the time is stackable. :P 20 food is 20 minutes of being PKable in game.

This could make invisibility potions as popular as the poison antidote potions are going to be except that people will need the antidotes for the invisibility potions too. Then there will also be those desperate PKers running around with true sight potions all of the time too. :P

You thought making hydro runs or going from Norcarn to Tarsenguard or getting mercury got your blood pumping. Trying making stuff at storage with tree mushrooms. :)

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

It is called a suggestion. The point is that players could risk making things with tree mushrooms as food if they did not mind being PKable. If an enemy guild happens to be where ever you are while you are making whatever you are making then you would be fair game and they could pawn you.

The point is that you could make things very, very fast because you would be able to hold a lot of food that did not have cooldown and it would be able to be put into storage. The food would be free and you could do like everyone used to do making everything with fruit instead of feasting potions because there was no cool down. The difference being that any PKer who is not your ally who happens to be standing next to you can kill you if you become PKable because you are eating tree mushrooms to make stuff.

Risk vs. reward and since you stay PKable for a while the risk is pretty high. BTW What part of that did you miss the first time around?

TirunCollimdus

Guest BizieR

The point of this being?..

Free drops from mixers, i like it :P

Edited by BizieR

Free drops from mixers, i like it :P

Indeed, I was thinking that same, make sure you all wear your COLs, and nice armour kk? :D

Although I like the idea of using temporary PK-ness as a risk factor, and this should be used more often, something bugs me here:

How does eating something make you PK'able?

There should be a believable cause and effect, even in fantasy (more so even), and there is a limit to how often things can be explained away by divine intervention before the integrity of the universe unravels.

Is there a good rational for this effect, other than blaming halitosis?

Edited by trollson

Although I like the idea of using temporary PK-ness as a risk factor, and this should be used more often, something bugs me here:

How does eating something make you PK'able?

There should be a believable cause and effect, even in fantasy (more so even), and there is a limit to how often things can be explained away by divine intervention before the integrity of the universe unravels.

Is there a good rational for this effect, other than blaming halitosis?

maybe these mushroom will transform you in a goblin (with nice drops) some kind of "werewolf/goblin" not aggresive but are PKable :P

Edited by Suessie

maybe these mushroom will transform you in a goblin (with nice drops) some kind of "werewolf/goblin" not aggresive but are PKable :)

Thats a nice idea.

There are a number of PK'ers who'd love to be turned PK'able, so these mushrooms would be popular with them, and may be used for training (if not the eater, then the people who can attack them). This may be the main blocker on the suggestion.

Red names get no exp, and they can already do this with the total war thing (dunno if you get exp though)
Which is why I said that it would be training for the attacker, rather than the eater. Although, the wouldn't need to be "red named" if they where transformed into a Goblin; players can already attack those. So the question should be, does the Goblin get any experience?

Maybe the transform is more than appearence, and you have physical abilities of the creature as well? Stops high levels pretending to be Bob to get some newbies bones.

You dont get experience outside PK maps in total war, as far as I remember.

The invisibility potions can turn you PKable so if you added tree mushrooms to the recipe for invisibility potions that would be your explanation. The transformation could be a lead in to the shape change perk/ability when it comes into the game too. If you want a rational for being PKable you can say that the tree mushrooms poison you in such a way as to increase pheromone and testosterone production at the same time thereby making you more aggressive and more threatening at the same time. If the PKable status is stackable maybe 10 minutes at a time would be better than 20 minutes.

TirunCollimdus

I think you are just digging yourself into a bigger whole...people who have higher a/d/p/c AND mix (like me) will be able to mix really cheaply, without having much worry about getting PKed.

In a few weeks you'd complain "its not fair, the fighters get to mix really cheap"

Free drops from mixers, i like it :blink:

Indeed, I was thinking that same, make sure you all wear your COLs, and nice armour kk? :)

nah We will just all hide at one of the new storage's :P