Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jasonalch

Lottery tickets

ok how about we get actual items that show up in inventory as 'lotto ticket" ..would be cool...a non storable item(like food/drinks) that you can lose if you die...lol i have lost lotto tickets b4(500$ one time ..i plated the same numbers everytime...and the dam thing got destroyed by washing machine)...just a suggestion..let me know what you think

I think people won't buy the tickets if they could lose them.

More likely people would just wait until the last day to shorten the time they needed to hold it. But some would wait to long and miss the drawing. So the result would be the same - lower ticket sales.

I like the idea. I would certainly buy more tickets for the novelty of having a Lottery Ticket. Please tell me why you think people would be less likely to partake if they were an item that was 'misplacable'? Whats the argument against making them Storable? Personally I think sales could rise due to the fact that there would be a tangible item 'bought' (instead of some dodgy fella hanging around Grahms telling you that you've registered your stake.)

Could be an interesting feature to have it so that you have to hand to the NPC the winning ticket, ,', lost ticket means rollover/more money sunk. (due to the 10% [or however much] 'Lottery tax' Radu employs to achieve this sink)

Edited by pennifuin

Please tell me why you think people would be less likely to partake if they were an item that was 'misplacable'?

Because 5k gc is a lot of money to a lot of players. They are already taking a huge gamble with it and for the most part, are "throwing it away" already. Now add to that fact that they either have to BE here at the last minute to buy the ticket to keep it safe (which is not very likely that most people will be here at an undetermined hour on Sunday evening) or fight nothing all week or do anything to trigger mother nature events so they won't die. Plus it would then have to waste a slot in inventory.

Whats the argument against making them Storable?
No argument, that was part of the idea presented and I responded to that.

Personally I think sales could rise due to the fact that there would be a tangible item 'bought' (instead of some dodgy fella hanging around Grahms telling you that you've registered your stake.)
So basically more coding for no purpose other than a visual. We have a lot more things I'd rather see, like npc's on c2, quests, encyc/help window updated, etc...if somebody is going to use coding time. (Take a peek in programming, MUCH more valuable and fun things going on there).

The point of the lottery is to encourage people to buy tickets, not discourage them. I know I wouldn't bother with it if it got too complicated or even more risky than it already is.

I like this idea, make it so that when you look at your ticket it has a number, the lottery bot calls out number and repeats it whenever u talk to him, u check ur ticket(s) to see if u won. This would definatly stop people from spamming the winner cause they wouldnt immediatly know who won. And it should be a non-droppable/ non-tradable items that can also be put into stor

Interesting idea...

Also, if the lottery tickets were not available for the last EL day (6 hours) before the draw... It could start a ticket scalping market.(like for concerts/sporting events)

an ant might end up killing some one and wining a ticket :D and then itl b the ppl who kill the ants who get the gc :/ and theyl probbly have enough gc (well items) allready :D

Edited by thelethalmoo