Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NitageR

ingame windows

Correct me if i am wrong, but i have an impression that it would be very nice if mentioned windows were able to fit (automatically or manually) it's size to the resolution of player screen, not just having the same size for all resolutions. Why? Let me explain.

I think that players who are able to run EL under maximal resolution of 640x480 or even 800x600 are somewhat harmed (yeah that can be not the best word, but anyway..), especially in pking since inventory and spells windows take most of the screen space so i think we all get this point, no?

Similar with laptop screen and stationary screen.

Another thing is that now our inventory window is a 6x6 matrix, which is ok but since i saw once a screenshoot of inventory as 9x4 matrix and much smaller size my reaction was "wtf this is so great!!". So i ask here Entropy and players to say what do we think about my suggestion.

Oh btw. i don't want to start another topic so i'll just add it here. The Careful Guy perk (for all who don't know it, it costs 5 pps and 250 gold coins and reduces the chance to lose items when you die from default of 50% to 40%) is imo totally useless, because rosto is a way better and cheaper way to save your stuff when you die. Since 5 pps is really a lot (and will make people to think if they really want this perk) i suggest reduce the chance to 0% so it will work as rosto. And yeah maybe increase the price from 250 gc to *some reasonable amount of gc*.

Edited by NitageR

I agree, the smaller the better imho. On higher resolutions inventory screen gets unnecesarily enlarged - I think it would be better if it stayed the same as in lower resolutions, with item pictures the same size as in mix or storage windows.

Oh btw. i don't want to start another topic so i'll just add it here. The Careful Guy perk (for all who don't know it, it costs 5 pps and 250 gold coins and reduces the chance to lose items when you die from default of 50% to 40%) is imo totally useless, because rosto is a way better and cheaper way to save your stuff when you die. Since 5 pps is really a lot (and will make people to think if they really want this perk) i suggest reduce the chance to 0% so it will work as rosto. And yeah maybe increase the price from 250 gc to *some reasonable amount of gc*.

Not cuz 5 pp is alot that you have to get a permanent rost... I agree it could be lowered but not to 0, cuz you may die faster (tiny bit lower P/C) but you don't lose a thing.

And about the smaller inventory, I've been looking all over for it... But I don't know how CVS works and the raw patch was a bit worthless to me

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.elc.berlios.de:/cvsroot/elc login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.elc.berlios.de:/cvsroot/elc co modulename
cd elc
cvs update
<get patch...>
patch -p2 < patchfile.diff
make

Not that hard... :P

(This setup assumes nothing except a shell, patch, and a valid make. Which may be hard to come by on windows, but they exist.)

Edited by freeone3000

LOL

You are a funny guy.

LOL

You are a funny guy.

As for the patch, wasn't it made by default that in smaller resolutions the inventory size also becomes smaller?