Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Knight

Shadow Creatures

Wow, great idea, this would definatly make killing stuff more fun, it would also be really cool if when the shadow comes up from the dead monster, it puts in a phrase in public chat like "I have come from the depths of the underworld for you..." just an idea... definatly put this shadow creature thing into the game =)

It would be more like a curse, a haunt, instead of a perk.

It should give you more xp and it should attack you, so it is still a point in fighting it.

i agree that it should definitly should be a negative thing..although it would be awkward to have ghosts (aka: shadows) of phantoms/phantom warriors, skellys and things :P

~1st

::EDIT:: smily

Edited by 1st Warrior

interesting, but you wouldnt want to make them to much stronger than the original creature otherwise ppl will complain that they cant train on things anymore b/c of these shadows, if a goblem shadows up like a PW almost imune to physical dmg then alot of gob trainers would be screwed, goes for the higher ones as well.

personally i dont want this in game, but if it was i wouldnt complain about it

@the_knight still a good idea tho

...ppl will complain that they cant train on things anymore b/c of these shadows...
I'd view this as a positive point of the suggestion; do people expect to be able to train 24/7 without risk? What sort of a game is that.

Attributes: Giving the shadow creature a high defense (elusive), and high physical armour (semi-imune to physical weapons) seems right (criticals still ignore armour of course). High hit points is not necessary. No drops other than the DE/EDE (ectoplasm?!).

Implementation: Interestingly, there is a 'ghost' attribute for actors (monsters and creatures) in the client, currently unused. Would this eventually enable an existing model to be rendered in a ghostly form? Would make implementation more feasible if no new models where needed.

Somebody reminded me that there is a semi-transparent appearence for invisible characters when seen with truesight. If so, then this would be adequate for shadow creatures (was this what the OP was thinking of?). There is a certain similarity with resurrection day (?) -- the creature you are fighting dies, to be immediantly replaced by a ghost version, combat continues...

Edited by trollson

well i agree ppl shouldnt expect to train with no risk 24/7, i was just mentioning the fact that ppl will complain about this if it is implemented.

edit: i have a laptop and num lock was on, sry for the seemingly rambling nonsence of numbers and symbols

Edited by Happy_G

well i agree ppl shouldnt expect to train with no risk 24/7, i was just mentioning the fact that ppl will complain about this if it is implemented.

edit: i have a laptop and num lock was on, sry for the seemingly rambling nonsence of numbers and symbols

no pain, no gain :)