Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GeneralM

Client Crashing cuz of NVIDIA Drivers (according 2 you guys)

well it seems Nvidia users are out of luck....

with 0.9.5 i had NO problems at all playing EL

now 0.9.6 is installed and all i get Chrases and Errors more then i throw a brick @

forum says try downgrade drives... well i TRIED my system WONT take them :S

so im left with 2 choices.... play as normal and HOPE for a FIX

or Brag about a Fix and dont play until its fixed

i dont wanna stop playing so PLZ FIX IT!!!!!

the install program hangs...... but only with Those drivers... i dont know why...

If you can't even install the drivers, you have worse problems than bugs in the EL client. Something is f**ked up in your system, and it's not EL...

Funny... when i uninstalled the drivers and installed the older version.... it wouldnt work... now i installed it while newer ones are still on and it works :S

owh well lets hope those drivers FIX my problems

Well isnt this a suprise.. i dont know if it worked for you guys but it didnt for me.........

Entropy I BEG YA!!!!!!!! BUGFIX PLEASE!!!!!!!

so did you try taking everything out about the drivers not just the software like even in hardware manager and making it recognize the card again

so did you try taking everything out about the drivers not just the software like even in hardware manager and making it recognize the card again

EVERYONE has this $@!$## Crash problem all the time

not only me...

I have a nVidia card but im not downgrading my drivers. I dont know if all these crashes are caused because of the EL client itself or the drivers of nVidia all I do know is that I never had problems before the latest clients.

nvidia on linux here, never had a problem yet, but i am running rather old drivers, never upgraded to the newest.

Guest Toyminator

I have a NVIDIA driver and it chrashes ALL the time

every time a manufacure or alchemize

No problems with Matrox drivers either, so I would suspect a Nvidia problem, rather than an EL problem.

A good game works good on as much possible platforms as possible. Same goes for websites how would u feel if you couldnt watch your favourite website in Netscape or Mozilla?

personaly i would bitch at the admin of the page but i tryed that ones and was told to use ie as ms was the only thing that counted and that standards where a break on inovation and not a problemsolver...

Yes duran i have had likewise problems :( I understand its not possible to get it working on 100% of the systems but people should try to get a high percent and not blame it on M$ or nVidia or tell u to solve it by doing / downloading IE etc.

Ow believe me I would if I could Ent unfortunately i never had interest in C or whatever the game is made in :P

But ur right i should generally shut up if i cant help :)

No problems with Matrox drivers either, so I would suspect a Nvidia problem, rather than an EL problem.

A good game works good on as much possible platforms as possible. Same goes for websites how would u feel if you couldnt watch your favourite website in Netscape or Mozilla?

First, EL works on more platforms than most games that people would usually call "good games".

Secondly, no game includes support for broken platforms. Gran Turismo won't run either, if I break the CD-drive in my playstation. Nvidia broke it with their 5.x drivers, let them fix it.

Very good point there leeloo there are not many games that run in linux on the first place.

Im not sure exactly what nvidia broke? as the game worked fine until the latest versions of EL so my guess is that there was something changed in the EL code.

Err I do hope I am not offending anyone with saying all this I mean EL is a good game but i just hate to see it crash that often and when it happens 5 times in a row I get upset, but my guess is that most people would get upset.

Snuit, what OS are you running it on?

The game crashes on me too, but not very often. Maybe like once/hour if I go in crowded places, especially near the storages.

MM well im using Windows XP atm

Amd athlon 2600XP+

512mb DDR PC 3200

MSI Geforce FX 5600 128mb

Though i must say i had a lot less crashes today? i think i only crashed 2/3 times in 4/5 hours. Normally thats 5 times as much.

Also some other weird thing which I should probably post somewhere else somehow there appeared 1 white rabbit fur and 30 brown rabbit furs in my storage which I am very sure I did not had.. They showed up yesterday :S

I have an nvidia gf 5200 and for as crap a card as it is , it seems to play el fine. i get the occasional crash although ive never put it down to a specific action, place or too much screen candy. Ive upgraded the driver and downgaded the driver because of a problem with a game i have but el plays the same on all drivers i have tried.