Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New idea

But what I want is to divide mainly between fighters and workers.

Then what you are talking about are character classes, not an alignment system.

The good people will need good knights in shining armour to defend them from the evil monsters, to protect the young and innocent, so fighters need to be able to choose to be good or evil.

'Good' manuers and alchemists could just stop making pots and essence that do bad things, so the evil fighters will need evil workers to supply them with their evil potions and weapons and essences.

A divide line between fighters and workers wont be the same divide line as good vs evil?

I still like the principle though :o

Edited by ScaryMary

i agree with ferngales post, i am good most of the time but sometimes want to be bad so where does that leave me, neutral i guess but then i would be disadvanted compared to the good and bad guys so would have no choice but to choose one or the other and neutral wouldnt be an option, what about freedom of choice, i meen if a worker wants to be a worker and never wants to fight why spoil it for them by forcing them to be fighters, as the game stands we are all equall and free to be what we want to be and that kind of balances out, with this in place the game wont be ballanced anymore i think, anyway all im saying is something needs to be sorted out for the neutral guys

i agree with ferngales post, i am good most of the time but sometimes want to be bad so where does that leave me, neutral i guess but then i would be disadvanted compared to the good and bad guys so would have no choice but to choose one or the other and neutral wouldnt be an option, what about freedom of choice, i meen if a worker wants to be a worker and never wants to fight why spoil it for them by forcing them to be fighters, as the game stands we are all equall and free to be what we want to be and that kind of balances out, with this in place the game wont be ballanced anymore i think, anyway all im saying is something needs to be sorted out for the neutral guys

You neutral guys do not get advantages, but don't get disadvantages either. The game will stay as it is for you, so I wouldn't complain about it

Why?

Most people are here because they can be and do everything and not have to choose. EL's biggest draw is the classless society. Yes a few are pure fighters and want to remain that way but proportionally they are a huge minority.

You neutral guys do not get advantages, but don't get disadvantages either. The game will stay as it is for you, so I wouldn't complain about it

but it would put us neutral guys at a disadvantage unless i missed something since we would get caught up in the bad guys invasions, also when we do want to have a go at pk we are disadvantaged again because the bad guys have the att bonus ect its already hard enough for players to have any success in pk because of the high level players and it would take years to catch these guys up as it is without them haveing attack bonus's, i hate branch users too but one day when i can actually hit someone i intend to use branch on the branch users only so it forces me to be evil so i can do this

but it would put us neutral guys at a disadvantage unless i missed something since we would get caught up in the bad guys invasions, also when we do want to have a go at pk we are disadvantaged again because the bad guys have the att bonus ect its already hard enough for players to have any success in pk because of the high level players and it would take years to catch these guys up as it is without them haveing attack bonus's, i hate branch users too but one day when i can actually hit someone i intend to use branch on the branch users only so it forces me to be evil so i can do this

You said it yourself: it's hard for players who don't dedicate to a/d skills to hunt down any pkers. The +% attack bonus for evil players won't change things even a bit, if you do other skills think that fighters will be concentrating on a/d meanwhile... practically impossible to ever catch up.

As for you intending to use branch on your enemies, if you combat level is low, so are your chances to hit, so will be the chances to break anything.

On evil monster invasions... I saw good folks will be caught on them, not sure about neutrals.

Edited by Draym

Most people are here because they can be and do everything and not have to choose. EL's biggest draw is the classless society. Yes a few are pure fighters and want to remain that way but proportionally they are a huge minority.

I think you miss the point that this is a voluntary system. People are free not to chose any affiliation and the game will stay the same for them.

I think you miss the point that this is a voluntary system. People are free not to chose any affiliation and the game will stay the same for them.

No I get that, I meant why do you want to divide good and evil between fighters and workers? The good/evil idea is fine, but there are good fighters and evil workers, and workers who might want to choose to be evil but not a fighter and vice versa. I don't see a point in alienating fighters and "workers" even more than they are. Not to mention most people are not ONLY workers or ONLY fighters.

Well if the bonus is only for attack, I don't think you have to join the evil just to catch up, since your enemies' extra attack won't be countered by your extra attack, but rather by your defense.