Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nathanstenzel

Too frequent of ingredient loss

I don't think manu has more fails than any other skill. It just appears that way because the ingredients are fairly expensive. eg. You make a bunch of HEs and recommended level, and crit fail (lose ingreds) for maybe 1/4 of them. But since the ingreds are silver ore and flowers which you can mine yourself, or buy pretty cheaply. However, with manu, either you're making leather items, and leather can only be bought, or you are making metal items using bars that are worth about 30gc. So naturally you are going to notice the fails more.

Agreed. IMHO the "problem" with the recommended levels is that if you try to manufacture i.e. any cuisses or greaves there's a very big risk of lossing stuff worth a lot even if you are already 5 levels above the recommended level.

On the other hand, you can easily make SRs if you are still potion 15 because it doesnt matter if you lose some flowers, blue quartz, wine and vials - But the end result (measured in gc if you are selling) is that you make the same amount of money without any risk.

It's a bit strange that you have to make leather armor and sell it to a bot until you are manufacture 35 before you can "safely" make higher items requiring some bars, EFE or even stones.

It's the typical "character building" in MMORPGs which annoys me about this, but I also dont know how to fix that :D

Edited by scandium

When doing potionmaking (don't know about manu but probably the same) there is a very clear line sometimes in number of successes per attempt. On a bad streak you can easily lose half the ingreds while a good one may give all successes. This occurs far too often, im my opinion, to be mere chance, compared to the more common mixed successes and failures. Streaks last for a short number of attempts, or time (not sure there). It's not only in EL that I observed this. Somehow, random functions are not so random as they should be, or the gods deliberately manipulate us.

Or are they? Perhaps the mind plays tricks on us.

Is it possible to output success/failure messages sequentially to file somehow?

When doing potionmaking (don't know about manu but probably the same) there is a very clear line sometimes in number of successes per attempt. On a bad streak you can easily lose half the ingreds while a good one may give all successes. This occurs far too often, im my opinion, to be mere chance, compared to the more common mixed successes and failures. Streaks last for a short number of attempts, or time (not sure there). It's not only in EL that I observed this. Somehow, random functions are not so random as they should be, or the gods deliberately manipulate us.

Or are they? Perhaps the mind plays tricks on us.

Is it possible to output success/failure messages sequentially to file somehow?

Remember that everything else going on is also affecting the ranfom number generator. This isn't something that is done per person, all the other actions in the game are also using up random numbers as well as the AI, randomizing your sequence even more.

1 question i have that it might be a little offtopic i belive hope no1 will jump on my head ;)

Why is there an "Always fail" rate? no matter how high we get in a skill we always loose some !

Frankly if failing 1 out of 2 Titanium plates i would go berserk :) :)

Edited by Nemesis