Eternal Lands Official Forums
ShYne

Eternal on psp

That would be an interesting challenge. Perhaps the single player version Ent is working on could be ported...

One problem with the psp is it does not allow unsigned executables to be run unless you have "hacked" your psp to allow this. For it to run properly it would need to be signed by sony which would mean a lot of negotiation and legal work to come up with a legal agreement.

As the source code is open source, if they did sign an open source executable it would make it easy for people to reverse engeneer sonys primary key used to sign all executables and thair security would be completely broken so i don't think sony would agree to such a thing.

If you want it as "homebrew" for pepole who have hacked thair psp's it should be possible, I believe sdl has been ported to the psp (not shure about sdl_net) and i believe openal is supported also so technically it should be possible.

Or a top-down version of EL for psp. That would reduce the processor load quite a bit. But yeah, it would have to be a homebrew hack since I do not think Entropy wants to pay Sony for development fees.

It would be very difficult, the PSP has like 4 MB of RAM, not nearly enough for EL. Plus, it's hardware is not so advanced. It would take a total rewrite of El.

It would be very difficult, the PSP has like 4 MB of RAM, not nearly enough for EL. Plus, it's hardware is not so advanced. It would take a total rewrite of El.

Can't just convert it?

I would help with a project if it is started :D

If you know anything about programming for a Nintendo DS, then you know more than most of us I suspect. Therefore you'd be the one right to start the project.

I don't know what the newtorking capabilities of PSP/DS are, but if it's still server-orientated it may not be too bad. The 3D graphics must be the biggest performance drain - a top-down 2D renderer would be a good start. With reduced assets maybe the memory aspect wouldn't be an issue.

It would certainly be interesting but still a big job - a team would be required I suspect.

I don't know what the newtorking capabilities of PSP/DS are, but if it's still server-orientated it may not be too bad. The 3D graphics must be the biggest performance drain - a top-down 2D renderer would be a good start. With reduced assets maybe the memory aspect wouldn't be an issue.

It would certainly be interesting but still a big job - a team would be required I suspect.

I kind of think it's a silly idea, but, a smart implementation would start by ensuring that logic is decoupled from display in the current CVS version. A thumbs up for scalability anyway.

I kind of think it's a silly idea, but, a smart implementation would start by ensuring that logic is decoupled from display in the current CVS version. A thumbs up for scalability anyway.

It would get a lot more publicity for EL - there can't be many proper MMORPGs on PDP so far. But mainly it would be really interesting to work on for anyone with a lot of expereince with PSP.

While that looks intriguing, it is still for homebrew. therefore most psp owners would not be able to play due to firmware restrictions. When that is available, give it a try.

Actually, you can downgrade your PSP to 1.5-1.0 if you have 1.7-2.0 firmware using a downgrader found here: 2.0 to 1.5 downgrader Since it doesn't really matter if you downgrade to 1.0, there's no need to. If you have a 2.5-2.6 PSP, then you need to find someone with a copy of Grand theft auto: Libirty Streets stories, so you can run the e-loader found here: 2.0/2.6 downgrader or here Donwgrader

If you need walkthroughs to do this, then you can find them here Walkthroughs

If we are going to make homebrew versions of this game to use on a portable device. Is it possible to do the same thing with a GBA SP?

I have a flash cart that has 256Mb of memory that it can store game info on all that would be needed is a way to enter text using the pointer that way people can log on and chat.

The directions arrows up, down, left, right can control the pointer.

The B botton can left click and the A botton can right click.

You can hold down the L botton and press the left or right directional arrows to can the rotation of the camra angle and hold down the R botton and the up or down botton to zoom in or out.

I am not so good at programing but I can test the cleint out using my flash cart for the GBA version.

Edited by Ariel_Engle

GBA can't even support 1/4 of EL and how is the gba goimg to pick up a inernet connection :)

Edited by zoin

GBA can't even support 1/4 of EL and how is the gba goimg to pick up a inernet connection ;)

Most newer versions of the GBA have a why fi connection to the internet.

If you notice I said the flash cart can hold 256Mb I think with using a downgrader it be possible to have it all fit in on that much space but I think we might have to also develop a private server just in case el does not like the idea that way we can still play. Also note that this has more memory then the psp 6 Mb