Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vwpro

hall of fame/shame

if you kill a player you get points, if u die u lose points..evry month there should be a top 10 hall of shame and fame, the #1 in the hall of fame should get an special item or something

yes i know people can cheat by letting a m8 die all the time

but if some1 suspect a player of cheating, he can gather chat logs of dead messages and/or screenshot to proof this player is cheating,so he can get punished in some way

and its also suspecious if a admin or who ever can see server logs see if a person wins all the time of the same person

we could have an new forum called cheat report

i think this would work =)

why do i want this?

i believe this will make people pk more,train more wich result, lots of fun

what do you think ?

Edited by vwpro

This idea sounds great. :D

Maybe to prevent cheating it would only be counted a kill of some person per day.

Example: Curt_ pk sunny_moon 5 times in the same day. It only would count one kill for Curt_ for hall of fame purposes. If he kills sunny_moon in different days it would be counted fully.

yeh thats an good idea..also based on ur IP adress would be good..

to stop making people new chars or use alts

Sounds good for me

Maybe we should make something like leagues in killing with 20 persons in every

And with Championships in killing?

but every man,which wants to be in leagues need to pay some gc monthly (and win the prizes too!)

From that gc we can buy Prizes for best players!

A yeah and y can find me in game as a OldSchool

Edited by mixol

i believe this will make people pk more,train more wich result, lots of fun

Avoid fair fights and PK weaklings more.

EDIT: maybe if instead of 1 point per kill you got points based on the exp they give you but without a floor. So PK someone stronger than you and get lots of points, PK someone with 4/4 a/d and lose some points. I don't think you should be rewarded for the most newbs you can mop up/find PVPing.

Edited by Bharain

no i think, a/d p/c shouldnt matter since weak people can kill strong also, with blessings and such

and dont forget lots of weak ppl run for strong anyways, but they do kill other weak players

no i think, a/d p/c shouldnt matter since weak people can kill strong also, with blessings and such

and dont forget lots of weak ppl run for strong anyways, but they do kill other weak players

I'd like to see the blessing that allowed a 50s a/d player to kill you :D

I fear this idea would have exactly the opposite effect to what you intend:

1) make people pk more - No motivation to fight people who stand a chance of defeating you (no drops (rost) and potentially losing points on HoF) therefore less real PK.

2) train more - More motivation to PK PVPers who stand no chance of defeating you and therefore less mid level PVPers, more crowded monster spawns -> less training.

3) Lots of fun - depends how you define fun. For me PK is no fun if i'm not risking anything, if people i can have a decent fight with start running away to find easier prey then it's less fun.

I like what you're trying to do but i don't think this is the correct method. Weak unallied people already get slaughtered in PK without extra incentives for the people PKing them.

they the weak people need to go and train, and stop whining on the forums.

FFS when will people get it into their heads that PK isnt fair, nor "honourable".

People work to become strong, put time into the game to lvl, and then as soon as they kill someone that person comes here and bitches about them. If they went and trained they would be able to go and get revenge.

and i like this idea, although it does need some refinements, such as having a different hall for people who do good things, such as heal. Fighting isnt the only thing you can do ingame :D

Edited by Zaer

People need to stop PKing anything they can then whining on forums that PK is empty. It's sad to see people who're interested in PK leave because it takes six months of crunching monsters to be able to do it. PK shouldn't just be for the top 50 a/d/p/c players.

EDIT: A scoring system based on the a/d/p/c of who you fight would be a better way of ranking how good a PKer is, it takes no skill to PK someone with half your a/d so you shouldn't get any "fame" for it. Sure, you worked for your levels but we already have a top 200 that shows that. The system i suggested above would give people an incentive to try to PK people that can put up a fight -> more fun for everyone. It also wouldn't stop anyone from PKing anyone they wanted, it'd just give a slight knock to your "fame" rating in exchange for the easy HEs/steel chain.

Edited by Bharain

lots of low lvl pk goes on if you look for it, its not like high lvl players are everywhere at once.

and if you search suggestions there have been numerous ones about solving this problem, so you dont really need to say anything :D

high lvl players hardly score kills anyways, since all run

and if you cant get in the hall of fame this month, maby in a other month

... i bet you have like 20 a/d dont you? lol

high lvl players hardly score kills anyways, since all run

and if you cant get in the hall of fame this month, maby in a other month

... i bet you have like 20 a/d dont you? lol

Hey you found me out, i have 15/15 ad and get owned by the gobs in KF before the players can even get to me, that's the only reason i think people should fight at their own levels :D

I totally agree with Bharain here. I would go into Pk maps more if it was more fun. And sorry I dont have the time to Train just a/d 12 hours a day! I have other skills and ya know life stuff to do. But I do train. Even with a/d as my highest skills I can't go into Pk maps, lol. If I do go. I try to go as naked as possible. I would just like more fun in it. I would really love to go toe to toe with people near my lvl. Would be awesome fun :)

And on the point system. i think it should be more points for killing someone higer lvl versus killin newbies.

I would really love to go toe to toe with people near my lvl. Would be awesome fun :D

then make a war with level caps like in the old days. or a pk contest with level caps like in da old days

if a high layer kills a lower, so what? low players can run cant they ?

and lmao, why u guys cry u dont like this..its just something extra

It's not just something extra, it potentially makes a bad situation worse.

... i bet you have like 120 a/d dont you? lol

Hey you found me out, i have 115/115 ad and get owned by the summoned chims in KF before the players can even get to me, that's the only reason i think people should fight at their own levels :D

Hey you found me out, i have 115/115 ad and get owned by the summoned chims in KF before the players can even get to me, that's the only reason i think people should fight at their own levels :rolleyes:

is that why you come chase me everytime you see me in PK ? :P or just cause I am so damm SEXEH!!!

And do you have a clue about how it feels to be weak and preyed on? Or have you forgotten that now that you're all uber Lorck?

and bhar if you're 15 a/d you must have some hellacious p/c to train with me :rolleyes:

Edited by LadyWolf

And do you have a clue about how it feels to be weak and preyed on? Or have you forgotten that now that you're all uber Lorck?

Ye, i do, i declared war to TooMass (he stills much stronger than me and still fight him sometimes) when he had around 105/110 of att/def and i got 52/55. You dont need to be stronger, but you need to have heart and courage, tough.