Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bharain

Level Drain Weapon/Amulet

Could a new magical weapon be added which has a 5% chance of draining a/d skills from your target. To encourage people to fight above themselves it could drain 25-50% of target a/d - your a/d and add it to your own skill. They would then act as potions and tick up/down one per minute.

Also maybe an amulet/armour item which has a magic effect which is triggered when you're attacked by someone much stronger than you (30 a/d +). This effect could have a 25% chance of draining 50% of attacker a/d - target a/d from the attacker and temporarily giving it to the target. This way someone who goes around fighting people way below themselves could suddenly get the shock of a fair fight. It wouldn't be triggered if the weaker player is the attacker.

Could a new magical weapon be added which has a 5% chance of draining a/d skills from your target. To encourage people to fight above themselves it could drain 25-50% of target a/d - your a/d and add it to your own skill. They would then act as potions and tick up/down one per minute.

Also maybe an amulet/armour item which has a magic effect which is triggered when you're attacked by someone much stronger than you (30 a/d +). This effect could have a 25% chance of draining 50% of attacker a/d - target a/d from the attacker and temporarily giving it to the target. This way someone who goes around fighting people way below themselves could suddenly get the shock of a fair fight. It wouldn't be triggered if the weaker player is the attacker.

How would you feel to have this used against you?

How would you feel to have this used against you?

The Amulet/Armour would never get used against me.

The weapon i wouldn't mind at all, would make a fight more interesting :icon13:

Could a new magical weapon be added which has a 5% chance of draining a/d skills from your target.

Only if it was temporary. So in the same way a potion will add +5 to a skill, this weapon could do a -5 that would restore at +1 per minute.

Nothing that could wipe out many hours of training work of a player should ever be permenant.

Could a new magical weapon be added which has a 5% chance of draining a/d skills from your target.

Only if it was temporary. So in the same way a potion will add +5 to a skill, this weapon could do a -5 that would restore at +1 per minute.

Nothing that could wipe out many hours of training work of a player should ever be permenant.

They would then act as potions and tick up/down one per minute.

I meant this to be for both items.

no. This is just like all the other weapons, it takes the emphasis away from hard earned levels. People work damn hard to get high a/d and then things like BoD get put into game which effectively neutralize the work you've put in. This is even worse :/

no. This is just like all the other weapons, it takes the emphasis away from hard earned levels. People work damn hard to get high a/d and then things like BoD get put into game which effectively neutralize the work you've put in. This is even worse :/

It just shifts the emphasis slightly towards PK skills rather than levels, it's not like you're going to get attacked by someone 30/30 a/d and have them suddenly evenly matched with you, they'd be dead before they hit you.

The amulet was intended as a kind of punishment for attacking people too weak to fight back. If there was a chance you'd have to wait 20mins for your a/d to return to normal you might be more willing to leave weaker players alone to have their own fun and maybe increase the activity in PK areas.

But if amulet costs around 10-50k, weak players won't take it to pk maps and they will still die... If it costs more than 1-5k, people under 50's won't use it at all...

The weapon i wouldn't mind at all, would make a fight more interesting

So if you don't fight why you suggest things like this?

Pointless.

Agree with zaer pro.

Edit:

What about newbs with $$ so 10-50k is so much for them?

They sell stuff from el shop for big amounts of gc ..

Edited by NitageR

I have to fully agree with Zaer.

And, 5% is a pretty high rate for pk fights.

The BoD gives 150 damage and the defense is not taken in account. So you dont really need very high att/def, just very high p/c and a deep pocket to buy BoD everytime it breaks.

And something to "drain levels" is by far the worst idea in a mmorpg, imho. You train like 15 hours to get an attack/defense level, spend lots of pots/ess, go to kf and "woops, you lose it all, bad luck".

The weapon i wouldn't mind at all, would make a fight more interesting

So if you don't fight why you suggest things like this?

That's not what i said.

EDIT: it would never get used on me because i don't attack people 30+ levels below myself (unless they're scammers, bagjumpers, PVP attackers)

Edited by Bharain

I always love to hear this arguement. It really is very illogical when it comes to fighting. Let's face it, it doesn't matter how good a fighter you were... one arrow could kill you in real life.

And I know this isn't real life... but the same people who say that are the same people who ask for more realistic features added to the game.

Consider the BoD a gun / arrow / etc. It's not like it steals your levels or your armor / weapons. You die. If you're a PKer and kill other people, it's only fair that you get what you give. If you're not a PKer, then you really have nothing to lose.

Oh, and for those who say that we don't have arrows in the game, it would be like getting stabbed in the back in the dark. One way or the other, you die. Those who fear BoD are the same that don't mind trashing others.

And this isn't an attack again fighters. It's the same for everyone. Look at crafting (a skill I do well at). Made 1000s of rings. And get undercut on market by someone with a fraction of my levels. (I'm sure this happens to just about every skill in the game).

This would be a cool idea for some sort of vampiric monster though. And the xp you get from it would increase as it drained u

I have to agree with the =hc= boy...