Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dizzee

unmapped area's

There are many un mapped area's and although som area's, the underworld for instance, I'd imagin aren't supposed to have maps, maps are available from other sites.

I'm also aware that restricting the download size of the installation package is also a priority but like the music aditional maps can be kept seperate.

How about adding an unlock feature; each, currently unmapped, area may have a loose scroll (or something) which, once found, unlocks the map for that area.

I suppose an unlock feature on the maps woud also prevent area's that are supposed to not have maps from having maps.

There are many un mapped area's and although som area's, the underworld for instance, I'd imagin aren't supposed to have maps, maps are available from other sites.

I'm also aware that restricting the download size of the installation package is also a priority but like the music aditional maps can be kept seperate.

How about adding an unlock feature; each, currently unmapped, area may have a loose scroll (or something) which, once found, unlocks the map for that area.

I suppose an unlock feature on the maps woud also prevent area's that are supposed to not have maps from having maps.

With an open source client like EL's, people will just disable this feature.

yup finding the maps isn't difficult, and I'd imagin converting the jpgs to game format wouldn't be difficult either just thought creating maps as unlockable as another reason for ppl to search new area's would be like searching for hidden rooms but when you find it you unlock the map.

Yes ppl could hack the code and unlock them that way but being open source there are probably many things ppl can do that they shouldn't

I like this idea...it's like a new mini-quest where you can go searching to find the maps. If you want to do it that way, it would be something fun/interesting to do. If you don't want to you just download the other maps...do a little hacking and there it is.

Personally, I like the idea of more quests...even if they are really short like these would most likely be, just because it adds more mystery and fun into the game. :sneaky:

Guys, we all would love to have more quests. There is only one problem with it:

There is need for people to write them (it's small problem) and later people to code them (it's huuuuuuuge problem). Qeusts are being added all the time. Just look for them.

Actually we have at least 10 quests waiting already written to come ingame (they need coding)...more in the process of being written...

just an fyi :D

Actually we have at least 10 quests waiting already written to come ingame (they need coding)...more in the process of being written...

just an fyi :)

Good to hear...always looking for something new to do in EL :D