Eternal Lands Official Forums
the_antiroot

JusT client available

Open notepad and copy in the following text.

JusT client readmy file V 1.01

This client uses a pretty up to date CVS, and includes only one single patch that is not part of the regular CVS.

Dou to this proprietry patch this client is UNSUPPORTED by the development team, and where concent is given for its use, any bugs you discover in it or using it should not be takent to the development team, rather you should try and recrate them in the official client then report them.

The patch file for the one modification is freely available at 
http://just.dnsalias.net/xphud2.diff
and is released under the WGAFF Liscence (Who Gives A Flying Fornication)
(for the full licence text, linux users can check /dev/nul, and windows users can check their recycl bin after emptying it.)
This licence is precluded by any requiered licencing required by Entropy.

Instrucions for use.
==============
Type #trackxp to initialise the XP counters.  you can use this to reset them at any time, and should also type this on initial loading of the client)

Type #xphud or press F12 to toggle the display of the XP tracking.  (this key can be changed in keys.ini)

Type #xp for a summary of xp gain in console.

If you have been running the client for over an hour, then each new hour you will be notified how much overall xp you gained that hour

Battery's not included.

Now select File > Save, select your EL folder and enter the filename readme-just.txt and press return.

You may now as per your preference create chortcuts from this new file to your start menu or desktop. For instructions of how to do this please refer to your operating system user instruction guide.

Great work!

I love the xp thing :) .

Also the channels are great.

Only one thing, the channels names, dont turn yellow when i missed something ;) .

I can live with it though ;) , but if there is a version 2 coming ...

Maybe it has been said, sorry then, great work again! ;)

Manderijn

*repeats mantra*

Check topic subforum before posting

Sry about this, thought it was in programming =/

Edited by Nook1e

I believe this is part of mainstream client now.

I have xp tracking both in my linux and osx clients. Both official

Edited by virion

The game has progressed a few version since april 2006, so these clients will, most likely, not work, even if the links were still working.

Also note that using non-approved "custom" or modified clients are not allowed. Using such a client can get you fined, suspended or banned. As a general rule, if in doubt (or if you think you have to ask) then it is most likely illegal.

Edited by Derin