Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Lord of the flies day

Lord of the flies day  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the lord of the flies day implemented?

• Yes
    • No

Another thing - I'm remembering a certain issue before, where people were actively trying to become PKable to train at storage. This got at least one person a harsher punishment for doing so...

If you institute this day, how do you stop that from happening?

Another thing - I'm remembering a certain issue before, where people were actively trying to become PKable to train at storage. This got at least one person a harsher punishment for doing so...

It will be 3 hours of yay.... can't harm that much.... :icon4:

Here's a point all the non fighters are failing to think about. Peace day can make it where most of the bigger fighters can't do ANYTHING at all. Why? Because ALOT of them don't have pickpoints put into nexuses other than human and maybe 2 inorganic.

So why shouldn't the non fighters have a day where they have to go sit at the beam and chat?

I like the general basic idea, I also like longsh0ts idea about calculating chances of suceeding, I just make them a little higher, maybe 5-10% higher. I also think it should only be three hour since this day would be more drastic in effect than peace day.

Peace day is unfair to those who want fight then..so same like war day...

And Labor Day *and* Day of Fasting *and* Green Day are unfair to those who don't want to fight, then....so why do we need another?

Tigs

Edited by Tigs

Here's a point all the non fighters are failing to think about. Peace day can make it where most of the bigger fighters can't do ANYTHING at all. Why? Because ALOT of them don't have pickpoints put into nexuses other than human and maybe 2 inorganic.

So why shouldn't the non fighters have a day where they have to go sit at the beam and chat?

Who's preventing those fighters on peace day from fighting monsters? Or starting to put pick points in other things?

we should have to suffer because they have only one skill? please. they can harvest, they can spend time on chan 3 buying supplies or selling booty... actually, how many PKers don't have some skill in potions, or magic, or even summoning? does peace day stop them training these abilities?

Who's preventing those fighters on peace day from fighting monsters? Or starting to put pick points in other things?

The damn day itself stos you from fighting ANYTHING..Why should they have to spend pickpoints in other skills..they choose to fight, that's forcing them to have to be something else they dont wanna be (only giving your excuse back to you about not wanting to be forced into fighting)

lord of flies day for 3 hours and right after the day ends peace day could start :icon4:

cuz of all the killing that happens in lord of the flies day Aluwen decided to make a peaceday ^^

makes sense :)

AGAIN - we already have several; fighters have 1 (and that's too much, evidently). Labour day means anyone who uses the manufacture window, CAN'T. Meaning, for that day, you are limited to harvest, magic, or fighting. Fasting day means no eating - a nuisance for fighters, but an outright impossiblity for manufactors, alchemists, potioners, and crafters. Green day (as I understand it), you cannot harvest - at all - meaning, you either have every resource you need, you trade to get resources, or you do nothing.

That's 2 days that halt production altogether, and 1 more with the same potential, for us nonPKers. Is it too much to ask for the fighters to take one day off?

AGAIN - we already have several; fighters have 1 (and that's too much, evidently). Labour day means anyone who uses the manufacture window, CAN'T. Meaning, for that day, you are limited to harvest, magic, or fighting. Fasting day means no eating - a nuisance for fighters, but an outright impossiblity for manufactors, alchemists, potioners, and crafters. Green day (as I understand it), you cannot harvest - at all - meaning, you either have every resource you need, you trade to get resources, or you do nothing.

That's 2 days that halt production altogether, and 1 more with the same potential, for us nonPKers. Is it too much to ask for the fighters to take one day off?

correct me if i'm wrong but you need harvestable things to manufacture/potion/craft..

so labour day is good to stock up on supplies.

The extent of this argument as I see it.

Pkers point of view - "I want to be able to kill you anywhere so I can take your stuff without having to wait for you to walk into a pk zone."

Others - "Let us make that choice for ourselves."

If a day like this existed, I can see it being abused badly by training in storage or camping outside of IP.

i think it was discussed already that storages would be off limits and that the docks could be made safe zones.

and Hardcore you are right.

On green day, if you are wise and take the time once in awhile to store materials, you can sit at storage and manu/alch/potion.

On no feasting day, you can spend the day harvesting to stock up supplies for green day.

On labour day, you can spend the day harvesting to stock up supplies for green day.

On Peace day, fighters, that CHOOSE not to put pick points into other nexuses and survive soley on buying from OTHER players, sit and do nothing. They have no reason to harvest, because they can't make anything. They can't train magic, cause guess what, harm,life drain, mana drain spells don't work on peace day. They can't go kill monsters for the drops, cause guess why, it's PEACE day...NO fighting what so ever, be it monster or man.

Edited by LadyWolf

correct me if i'm wrong but you need harvestable things to manufacture/potion/craft..

so labour day is good to stock up on supplies.

true, but do consider this:

Someone made the argument about fighters only fighting, and not having nexii for some other things - like harvesting, manufacture, potioning... Could, maybe, the same be true for a manufactor?

I think pretty much everybody is set so that they do still have something they can do, when a day restricts them from something else.

STILL - not everyone can/does stock up on supplies, expecting a green day when they can't. If you could plan what day is what, you'd work more around them - being random, it's hard to do, but doable.

So far, the biggest reason why we should have a day of "you have to fight" seems to be that we have a day of "you can't fight". So far, no day says what you have to do - only what you can't do. In practice, this would be setting classes - what we've already vehemently opposed!

It will be 3 hours of yay.... can't harm that much.... :)

I believe you should already know this one - we had to have that rollback after the day of increased rare manufacturables... that was only like about 30 minutes? Massive issues can arise in only 10 minutes.

EDIT: Hey, I have an idea - if we can stock our resources on a labour day, or manu on a green day, how about this - you have the massively bulked EMUs for fighting, and a side effect is a rather large carry cap. On peace day, why don't you rent yourselves out as mules to the people who harvest, and carry the large loads of material back to storage for them? It wold give them more material to work with versus time spent, and then they could retrn the favor with producing the supplies for you?

If we have to adapt our game play, why can't you?

Edited by Arnieman

On Peace day, fighters, that CHOOSE not to put pick points into other nexuses and survive soley on buying from OTHER players, sit and do nothing. They have no reason to harvest, because they can't make anything.

Everyone (especially warriors with no other skills) needs money. And everyone (even warriors with no inorganic nexus points) can harvest flowers/fruit/sulfur/coal and sell it. Warriors could keep VERY busy on a peace day doing harvest/sell loops building their cash reserves. There would be no reason for them to "sit and do nothing".

Edit: (re: Hardcore's comment below) That's true, I hadn't considered that. But there are lots of people out there who'd be happy to do the selling for a percentage.

Consider two (or more) warriors harvest/mule to another warrior bag-sitting at a vendor (Harvy for example). When the bag has enough in it they call their "broker" over to sell the contents and the everyone splits the profits.

Edited by bkc56

almost every fighter is antisocial.

btw no need to argue about it Entropy already said that if the majority wants it , it will get implemented.

Edited by Hardcore

almost every fighter is antisocial.
which does nothing to stop them putting their large EMU to work in the mines (and they can make a few gc selling to chan 3)

oh, and the arguing still has a point if we convince people who haven't voted yet

someone said fighters only have one skill.. why you think they have? simple becuz they think rest of the skills are boring so that includes harving

someone said fighters only have one skill.. why you think they have? simple becuz they think rest of the skills are boring so that includes harving
then why do so many fighters have skill in magic, potioning, summoning, etc? ones that they use for the fighting stuff?

bah. you shouldn't use revenge(we have one, so you need another one) as a reason to support this... if you have a problem with peace day, petition to change that, not to penalise others

simple becuz every starting fighter makes his own He's/Sr's and magic is being trained while fighting

if it gets implemented you'll get used to it like we all got used to cooldown.

btw you can still do things while it's lord of the flies day, just hire a high lvl'ed fighter to protect you on ur way to storage get ur things and beam

*another edit: Roja once made a topic about people that like to run around a dangerous map naked (trying to survive etc) this would be the same thing but then you don't have to run from monsters but from players

link to that topic http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...topic=20344&hl=

Edited by Hardcore

So far I have seen everyone that argues against this as assuming that ebul fighters will sit on ws docks and pk anyone that comes thru....

There arent only ebull fighters in EL, and there are so many factions and alliances that a set pack of ebul fighters may find it hard put to camp out in this style, any more than they could keep KF to themselves for a long length of time when their enemies come to challenge them.

ALSO a bit of mutual cooperation from guild mates can get you safely off of IP to one of any number of maps on c1 via tp rings or tele ess...and NOW we have c2 tp rings too.....

Might encourage a few more players to go onto c2, on the off chance they can avoid "ws ebul pkerz camping on teh docks", I say this whole idea r0x. 2 whole continents to hide in, after all!

** UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED, THE OPINION IN THIS POST IS NOT AFFECTED BY ME BEING <120 A/D **

:)

Hardcore: Your argument leaves out one key detail - fighters have NOT gotten used to Peace day - AND, you still have a road open to do something on a Peace day - that you choose not to is beside the point.

Ornitorrinco: The relevant issue brought up is the same between that day and this proposed one - yo would need at least 7 mods on who can't be attacked, and have them give up their days to stand guard at storages just for Seridia, just to make sure there are no training fights there. Even still, the docks at Lakeside would be a major point of potential abuse - all you need is a ton of people there to lag things good, and before people can get back on the boat, beam, or run, they die.

The day seems to miss the point of the game, and create several potential strains for moderation duties.

Then again, call it what it is, people - a forced skill day. If you were forced to spend one day, where all you were allowed to do was make armors, THAT would make this fair.

EDIT: PYEwacket: There are a number of factions - and I've watched a number of enemies before break their fighting and go attack some weaker character just for the "fun" of it. It happens fairly in KF; what would stop it from happening at WS dock?

Limiting one skill is one thing - forcing it is another.

Edited by Arnieman