Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algunar

You forgot how to mine iron!

how about we could forget what we learnt through reading if we dont do enough of it to refresh our memories. like you have read iron mining, every hour that you dont mine any iron you lose 1 research point (maybe more? maybe less?) out of the 2000. once it gets too low, like 1500/2000, you forget parts of what you learnt. then you could either have to read the whole book again (harsh), or read part of the book say 3/4. if you ever forget some of it again, you can read another 1/4 which brings it down to 2/4. once you've read 4 parts of the book it disappears. also to get it back up to 2000 if it gets too low you just have to mine iron for ages, and a certain number of research points is restored for every iron ore you mine. you could maybe make it optional by making it a negative perk.

Edited by algunar

I see a slight problem with this...

Lets say you research Sapphire Mining (10k gc book, told not a monster drop), you mine it for a while, then decide you want to build your attack/defense levels. You spend the next few weeks building that up, not harvesting anything while working on it. Then you have to re-buy the book and reread it?

That could get quite expensive :D

*EDIT* although if it were strictly a negative perk...I think it's a good idea :lurker:

Edited by sbarstow

I see a slight problem with this...

Lets say you research Sapphire Mining (10k gc book, told not a monster drop), you mine it for a while, then decide you want to build your attack/defense levels. You spend the next few weeks building that up, not harvesting anything while working on it. Then you have to re-buy the book and reread it?

That could get quite expensive :D

*EDIT* although if it were strictly a negative perk...I think it's a good idea :lurker:

You also need to think about how quickly you would totally forget the 'simple' books.

I like the idea about the neg perk with this, could be cool. But maybe let us not add the part of reading books 1/4 etc, you just lose your memory when the book has come to 0

I really dislike this idea. That would mean that you would have to work on every skill like once a week at least

But think about the poor n00bs like me, and how much it would tear them apart :)

Its a real pain buyig a reading books and having to do it twice would really piss me off