Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sMooMs

Step on stage - Hardcore ( House music )

Guest Enyo

pas mal :)

Who is the vox?

How much of this is samples?

.. anyway.. I like it.. c'est cool. :(

Add more high end to the track. Like hihats.

Theres a sample that sounds off sync with the rest. I might be wrong tho. Check if its tempo is the same of the drum beat.

All in all good beat. Keep working on it.

Finally somebody on this site who uses the same program that I use! :P Which version do you have? FL Studio 4,5, or 6?

ok now for critique, don't use the loops and stuff in the Misc/used by demo projects aside from the 1 step instruments and vocals, unless you're using the slicer on them. Originality is everything :icon13:

Considering this is your first song, it's not bad. You should expiriment with FX and set them to a few of the tracks you have playing, notably Reverb, Fast Dist, Delay 2, Free Filter, and Parametric EQ, as they give the best results when used correctly.

Also, when you put together notes and such on the step sequence, right click on the track and press "send to piano roll", it's WAY more organized and you practically need it for synths. It allows you to control how long you want something to hold, when to release, you can add in slides in pitch, cutoff frequency, and resonance, and all sorts of automation.

if you need some FX, synths, tracks, ect, IM me on aim, I can give you a good handful of my home-brewed 3xosc, TS404, Simsynth, drumline, Fruity Kick, and FX presets

EDIT:I feel like making a quick remix of this ^.^ I'll link it if I make one up :D

EDIT EDIT: here it is!

http://www.freewebs.com/thecometce/Step%20...Stage%20RMX.mp3

(right click and save target as)

I used the same set of audio tracks that you used, and all of the synths are presets that came with FL. I used a slicer track for the vocals and lead in the back, and the lead you made is the same except I stuttered it and put it on both C3 and C5, which makes the melody. The 303 bassline you can find in Toby's Striker Loop in the cool stuff folder :ph34r:

Edited by TheComet

I bought the Producers Edition.

You have to learn how to use the Master FX board before something good comes out.

But, I like the song.

I bought the Producers Edition.

You have to learn how to use the Master FX board before something good comes out.

But, I like the song.

To me, the key to making a great song is to keep a bassline going in the song as long as possible and keep it diverse. A lack of bass will make music sound really dry and get annoying after awhile. Playing with bass boost and raising the lower end of the EQ does the trick, but ONLY do that to the tracks. I personally don't put anything on the master fx channel aside from a Soft Clipper sometimes or to increase the stereo seperation (which does wonders)

btw, TS404 and 3Xosc are the 2 best synths when it comes to using and manipulating, they can be pretty basic or complex, really good editing, and they work very well in layers and when in a slide :)

Pfft, I forgot how to slice beats.

right click on a track, insert, and choose fruity slicer. then just drag and drop the track ur choppng onto it

TheComet, I've been listening to your songs off of the Newgrounds database....

Two thumbs up!

Hey Smooms....I like it :P

The second part of the track has the "feel" of some of the tracks on the Miro album from Arcadipane (Purple Moon).

Gaat zo door :)