Eternal Lands Official Forums
LadyWolf

Game not working with new pc

I just bought a new computer and installed EL and it's not working.

here is error log:

Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

Unable to add command 22 - 400

Unable to add command 23 - 1216

Unable to add command 22 - 275

system specs:

AMD Sempron 3200+ cpu

512 mb ddr pc3200 ram

ATI Radeon XPress 200 series chipset (onboard, ordered new pci express 16x card but not here yet)

XP Home SP 2 (fresh install)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and update twice, was able to log in and walk around after second uninstall (i deleted the el.cfg file).

The game opens and I sit at 1 FPS for a minute (mouse frozen), then it shows me the screen. I start to move and it says something about my vru or vmu had to reset due to video issues. Then I got to play. I logged out to move my chat logs and stuff over to new install and now I can't open game again.I got it to open one other time and I had an fps of over 200, then the game locked up my pc. I downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI. So...Now what?

I downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI. So...Now what?

Did that before I posted. If I turn everything off in the .ini file, then I can log in and play. Guess that's good enough til my new video card arrives. Seems something with the mipmaps causes the crash. if i turn them back on after i'm logged in I crash again :/

I downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI. So...Now what?

Did that before I posted. If I turn everything off in the .ini file, then I can log in and play. Guess that's good enough til my new video card arrives. Seems something with the mipmaps causes the crash. if i turn them back on after i'm logged in I crash again :/

According to some people, the Omega drives work much better with EL then the Catalyst drivers.

I think he is talking about this: http://www.omegadrivers.net/

I never tried them so I cant tell you if they are faster, nicer, shinier or more stable -plus they are only for windows, which is the only OS that I happen not to use at home, well, there are a few more that I dont use either-. They seem to have a reputation amongst gamers and overclockers, but that is all I can say. Dont know if they can solve anything, just try, I can only wish you Luck, Lady :icon13:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.