Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Problems with the update

Some problems compiling on FreeBSD (I think OpenGL related) but when done, the CVS-version works like a charm.

Something I noticed: in the WSC-tavern I can sit -in- a stool behind the bar. Not on, in. I don't know if that always was the case.

I'll put my FreeBSD-binary online. Maybe someone finds it helpfull :)

i really dont. what does all that stuff mean?

First, i would guess, youre using Windows, right?

If yes, plz post which windows version youre using. And post too which graphics card youre using.

Next, plz look in your EL folder and post the content of your error_log.txt here.

That would help a lot. :)

Piper

Wonderful...now I am stuck in Underworld...crash every time I log on...ATIOGLXX.DLL....Same problem was with one of the RCs... got stuck in SKF there...had to use the old el to get going again...

Now there is no way out :)

Any brillant ideas....

I tryed poor man on and the buffer thing off....no effect

Edit: And suddenly I can log on again....surrounded by ANTS? strange...

Edited by Stormer

i really dont. what does all that stuff mean?

First, i would guess, youre using Windows, right?

If yes, plz post which windows version youre using. And post too which graphics card youre using.

Next, plz look in your EL folder and post the content of your error_log.txt here.

That would help a lot. :)

Piper

well if i posted my error log it would take 3 pages in itself... it is pretty long. yes i am using windows. it is windos XP. my graphics card is labeled 3DIntel Extreme Graphics AGP... i dont know if that is the graphics card... im not that computer-y...

if you want me to post my full error log just tell me its just really long and i didnt want to get in trouble

Edited by CodyTowner

wood sprite, brownie, imp, etc, would look nicer as

Wood Sprite

Brownie

Imp

ie capitalized :)

I am getting horrible performance now in all maps that have water and/or lots of objects, for example morcraven, or tarsengard.

Game is basically unplayable in those maps.

WinXP, 512MB, ATI radeon mobility 9000 64 MB

well if i posted my error log it would take 3 pages in itself... it is pretty long. yes i am using windows. it is windos XP. my graphics card is labeled 3DIntel Extreme Graphics AGP... i dont know if that is the graphics card... im not that computer-y...

if you want me to post my full error log just tell me its just really long and i didnt want to get in trouble

Remove the log, start the game again. Now the log should contain just the log from the last execution, that is likely to be shorter.

I am getting horrible performance now in all maps that have water and/or lots of objects, for example morcraven, or tarsengard.

Disable reflections?

gives me 1 or 2 frames more, still far away from the performance of the old client...any chance to get the client w/o the speed fix to work with the new version?

I bought Emerald Valley Ring Building (that's what the npc said and what the eye on the book said), started reading it and got: You started to research Glacmor Ring. #research gives Glacmor Ring as well.

I bought Emerald Valley Ring Building (that's what the npc said and what the eye on the book said), started reading it and got: You started to research Glacmor Ring. #research gives Glacmor Ring as well.

If there are new books then the knowledge list doesn't include them

He is right, that book has the wrong knowledge.

If you bought that book, don't read it until the server restart tomorrow.

@Soldus: Very strange.. did you try to play with the video options?

While on Irilion in map mode, I try to see the big Irilion map and it shows Seridia map (can someone on Seridia check if they see Irilion map there?)

edit: checked myself Seridia has the right map

Edited by LadyReni

While on Irilion in map mode, I try to see the big Irilion map and it shows Seridia map (can someone on Seridia check if they see Irilion map there?)

edit: checked myself Seridia has the right map

The maps work fine for me with the latest linux release.

He is right, that book has the wrong knowledge.

If you bought that book, don't read it until the server restart tomorrow.

Obviously I read it already :P. Any idea which one I've read now, or none of them?

The maps work fine for me with the latest linux release.

Hello :)

I can't get working the linux version downloaded from: http://www.other-life.com/el/el_120_linux_full.zip

I use Gentoo (there is no ebuild for this new version) and, after unzip the file in

/usr/local/games/el

I started the client, but, when the client contact with the server, it says that the version is no longer supported. I tried downloading update and unzipping over that directory too, but it didn't work, can anyone help me, please?

By the way I deleted my /.elc directory.

I tried with the Windows version in Wine too, and it works fine but I have problems with the mouse.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for bad english. :P

Edited by Zagloj

Disable reflections?

gives me 1 or 2 frames more, still far away from the performance of the old client...any chance to get the client w/o the speed fix to work with the new version?

I have the same problem and I reported it for several release candidates. Unfortunatly it was not picked up there. It seems the new client shows objects far more in the distance. Therefore much more objects need to be rendered and FPS performance grinds to a halt. The performance increases much if you are on the edge of a map and face the edge, so I think it realy has to do with the number of objects to be rendered. A workaround is to change your perspective settings so you don't see as much of the environment or to play in isometric view. It would be nice if there was a configuration option for the maximum distance that is rendered (is that the far plane? I'm not a 3d programmer).

My machine:

Windows XP SP2 with all patches installed

P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gb ram

Radeon X740XL 128 Mb

I tried several graphic drivers, including Omega drivers, but no real difference in performance.

I only got a chance to play the update when there were almost no monsters, so i'm looking forward to play again tonight with all monsters present :P

Cheers,

DrCrusher