Eternal Lands Official Forums

Just a thought if anyone out there wants to have some fun. Check this concept out from an alternate game.

http://mapwow.com/

I have been playing with the Google API for my work, and think that a Google Local would be very interesting for EL. Anyone want to give it a shot?

That's a great idea! For newbies, EL would benefit by having a more comprehensive full continent map of Seridia naming individual player maps, thier acronyms, and routes between.

In my case, with my lousy dial-up connection, the Google Map feature is a data hog. When I fiddle with the Frapper Map for EL, I have to log out of the game just to load pages. Of course that's my problem, not the games! The features are a lot of fun in Google Maps.

On the other hand, just revamping the in-game Tab maps would be helpful!

Part of the game is to go searching for things, not to have all of the information at your finger tips. The tab maps are inaccurate on purpose, there are many things not shown on the tab maps, waiting to be discovered.

Actually they *were* inaccurate because at the time i did not have access to a real map overview. They weren't that way on purpose.

However, of course i don't want all info given, which is why i only put major place names and general landforms on the maps.

What I had in mind was something like the basic map on the CEL website.

http://www.el-cel.com/info/maps.php?Set=Seridia

Just the map relationships with each other, acronyms, type (pk, mp.) and boat routes. Leaving out caves, NPC's and the like.

I'm all in favor of exploring for myself, and keeping the game on that level. The CEL maps (credit Vanyel, it says) did help me most after I completed the Wraith quest until I got my head straight as to how to get to PL from Tarsengaard and such. The one thing benificial from such a map in-game would be to ease a little of the repetition on Channel 1!

Yeah, I would only mean to have the maps (at best) at the resolution that Vanyel has made. Putting in all the harvestable items would be lame. It would just be fun to be able to pan around and zoom in a bit. The system would probably be better in the future when continents 3 and 4 come out :P

Yeah, I would only mean to have the maps (at best) at the resolution that Vanyel has made. Putting in all the harvestable items would be lame. It would just be fun to be able to pan around and zoom in a bit. The system would probably be better in the future when continents 3 and 4 come out :P

I like it :)

Having the general map with the cities and villages marked would be a nice thing I think.