Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Corporal Chunder

Mouse clicker probelms.

Guest Corporal Chunder

I am unable to exit stores as the cursor to go through a door will not come up.

(and yes I have tried every angle)

I have reinstalled the game and I still can't exit shops.

My slower computer has no probelms with it only my

better one.

The "use" cursor might work also to get through a door - have you tried that?

Ingame, open the options menu, select Advanced video and enable the Mouse bug option. Hopefully it will solve your problem.

Guest Corporal Chunder

Thanks guys I just gave up and I use my older compter anyways cause I can use it as much as I want lol.

Bringing this up again. Now I have a Radeon X700 running on xorg-11 7 modular (gentoo). It was working great on xorg-x11 6.8.5.

I can click on the ground and move fine. It is just that I cannot find anything. All objects (using the EYE) are somewhere other than where they should be. If I hunt for 3 minutes I can eventually "find" the person who is standing next to me, but the mouse is on the other edge of the window. I downgraded my drivers and that made no difference. Looks like I will have to switch back to 6.8

Tried:

. Downgrading ati drivers

. Recompiling Cal3d

. Tried libsdl 1.2.8 and 1.2.9

. latest CVS of course

No, those are all fine. I have the exact same ones on my windows box. It is an issue with either: some xorg7 file, ati drivers+xorg7, or a combintation with how EL remembers where things are on the screen. Like I said, once I find the item (at its invisible mystery location) I can harvest/enter/exit/attack/trade. But I can move around just fine. I think the bug (if it is really an EL issue) might be somewhere in 3d_objects, misc, or gamewin.

Gentoo Linux Athlon XP 256MB ATI radeon 7000 (using xorg driver).

I have the exact same problems after installing modular x. One strange thing I've noticed about it is that the inventory and other windows work as expected, but not the main window. Even the sidebars work. All other programs seem to run fine under X.

I have tried mouse_bug, backingstore, and recompiling various libraries but to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions?

This could be an ATI driver issue OR an xorg-7 issue as I had this problem too.

I suspect it's a combo of the two as using the open source r300 driver from xorg cvs or fixes this issue.

Drakos7, the problem sounds familiar. It seemed to be more frequent back when Zep was making precompiled CVS clients. It seemed to disappear for a while, but now it's back.

What versions of gcc and g++ are you using? (gcc -v and g++ -v to get the numbers)

Edit: Oops, old thread.

Does the issue still exist, Drakos?

Edited by Vegar

I fixed the problem of the mouse clicker on my computer.

I have a gentoo system, and the problem began when I upgraded to xorg 7 (modular X). I upgraded to masked 7.1 and then CVS head, but still no luck. I tryed reverting to 6.8, but it wasnt possible (the only xterm needed xorg 7, so forced me to upgrade again...anyway off the story).

There is a new 3D harware acceleration in 7.0 which i enabled, no luck again; but then i turned off backing store and it works perfectly now.

the changes i made to xorg.conf to get it working are:

Section "Extensions"

Option "Composite" "Enable"

EndSection

Section "screen"

DefaultDepth 24

DefaultFbBpp 32

#Option "backingstore" on

#commented out reverts to off.

Section "device"

Option "RenderAccel" "yes"

Option "AccelMethod" "exa"

I hope this helps anyone with the same problem.