Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Invasion improvements

Well, I came up with this idea for invasions:

IP can be invadeable. BUT we will have a similar map modeled as a shelter (probably the cave or the secret area) . There will be an evacuator job.

When an invasion is declared, Evacuators will get special equipment from an npc (im thinking a really bulky shield, which can be enchanted with invasion mm ( or more like allowing the def level imunities). This will allow evacuators to make formations to protect harvesters and the like and help them reach the shelter.

This will be the first phase of an evacuation, then it will come down to every1s faovrite- hack&slash.

Post any other invasion improvements here.

well if this is going to be of any use then people shouldnt be able to hide in houses or anywhere indoors, and what about any of the maps that dont get invaded, arent they safe shelters? so there should be some sort of danger wherever people go and having only one safe map.

Edited by algunar

You think having monsters attack IP is an improvement? I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt that this will even be considered.

Even if it is, which IS highly unlikely, it wouldn't be anything other than the creatures that already exist there.

I forgot we have regions now, it could be like a small thick-walled fortress on each map. IP could be invaded but make like the cave a safe haven (maybe ip can be safe indeed because it's an island [it is an improvement- teaches noobs stuff)

Strong NO to any invasion on IP (unless it's really small and only native creatures). Why?

Simple, we don't want newcomer to leave game with words:

'This f. game is f.ed up. As only I created character I got killed - 20 times in row. Won't play this shit any more'.

About other issues. The thingy with evacuation crew - very interesting. Might be fun. However, anything like this shouldn't work throughout whole invasion, due to bagjumpers. Maybe for first 5 minutes, no longer.

Even then, I'm really afraid of bagjumpers.

no Monsters on IP, that's a definite. BUT, I REALLY like the concept of the invasion evacuators.

They could perhaps be called the "Suppression Militia", and the bulky shields could be large shields similar to the ballistics shields used by riot officers. I could see this being like a job you can get, and are issued this equipment during invasions. and maybe the shields attract the invaders to them instead of another player if both the player and the person with the shield are in range, and the shield would act as a barrier to incoming invaders. Then perhaps there could be longer invasions since players can set up formations and such.

As for the shelter idea, I like that one too. Safe houses on each map, maybe 3 of them to prevent too much lag and slowdowns, could be used to keep lower-level players safe. These would have to be large though, cramming all of IP into a shelter is one hell of a job.

Yes i like the idea of a ip invasion i would also like to suggest something else i am not sure if its possible with the programming of game but here we go. What about being able to choose sides for example why should some one who serves mortos be in a invasion when they have to fight against him why not for those who serve mortos they get to act as his minions they would get to fight along side of the invadin monsters. Like if ur aligned with mortos then the monster invaders wont attack you only those who oppose him {godless or any other god} would be pretty cool to be able to fight along side the orcs and the players that wur trying to stop the invasion would be ur enemys and it would work when mortos makes em pkable on any map cept any one not aligned with mortos would be pkable since u were on mortos side. and when one had to try to get to mortos to trade him or whatever to end invasion the players on his side would have to protect him and make sure no one not on his side got to him for example people who oppose mortos get one armor for invasion and those who r with him get a another kind of armor so u could easly tell apart who is who just a thought thanks.