Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest misha

A Lost and Found Bot

Guest misha

It is a bit of a problem sometimes finding the owner of a Db. I dont like to keep other peoples items but also i dont want to be waiting hours for someone to turn up. My suggestion is how about a Bot at Beam that people can take DB to that stores them. If the bag isnt retrieved by owner the bot then pms the finder if they wish they may without concience have the items or if they do not wish the items they are then dropped around IP for the new players.

Edited by misha

How are you going to keep all the items from the deathbags separate? Most people don't remember exactly how many of the items they dropped, let alone every single thing. So when 4 people turn in a deathbag and all the items are jumbled together, how do you divvy it up? Sounds like a mess to me. And how are you going to know people claiming "stuff" are telling the truth? It's a fair guess as to what gets dropped, simple case to just walk up and say "i lost a tit chain, steel long, 127 HE's, and 8 SR's."

It would be trivial for a bot to keep the contents separate. There would need to be an authentication mechanism better than the contents. Perhaps the map would need to be specified as well. And you have to tell it at least 3 of the items you dropped. This combination of 4 auth items would make it a lot more unique.

Anyway interesting idea.

It would be trivial for a bot to keep the contents separate.

How?
There would need to be an authentication mechanism better than the contents.
Such as..?
Perhaps the map would need to be specified as well. And you have to tell it at least 3 of the items you dropped. This combination of 4 auth items would make it a lot more unique.
How? How do you account for 1337-speak and typos and bad spelling and just language differences? (such as the tendancy for some language speakers to substitute z for s, etc.). And again, if I drop my HE's, I can guarantee you I have no idea how many I actually had, or how many potions I had...

It would be trivial for a bot to keep the contents separate.

How?
There would need to be an authentication mechanism better than the contents.
Such as..?
Perhaps the map would need to be specified as well. And you have to tell it at least 3 of the items you dropped. This combination of 4 auth items would make it a lot more unique.
How? How do you account for 1337-speak and typos and bad spelling and just language differences? (such as the tendancy for some language speakers to substitute z for s, etc.). And again, if I drop my HE's, I can guarantee you I have no idea how many I actually had, or how many potions I had...

Dont forget the scammers that will just take guesses to see if they can get the contents.

Dont forget the scammers that will just take guesses to see if they can get the contents.

*cough* I mentioned that in my first post :sneaky: *cough*

I bet I wouldn't be able to get a sh.. erm... thing from such bot. My spelling/syntax/etc. is very non-English.

This thing won't work ever. Sorry. Idea nice, but it's like utopia - impossible.