Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The rollback

As it has been announced in the game a few minutes ago, there will be a rollback taking place soon, because of a bug in the random days, specifically the rare manufacturing day, when the chance to fabricate rare items was way too high, in some instances being 80%

During that day, in only 16 minutes about 6K EFE have entered the game, not to mention modable swords and so on.

So the only thing we can do is a rollback to the last backup, which is last night (so some people will lose a few hours of gameplay, while other might lose a little bit more, depending on when they logged out the last time).

Unfortunately, there is no other way to fix this problem, and we apologize for the inconvenience this has causes.

:D I have only harvested 3500 silver that will now go bye bye, 2000 Chrysantemums that will also go bye bye. I did get to finally make an EFE, only 11, but you cant just take those back but also t he stuff that I mined legitmately!!!!. Finally I had the money to buy and Excavator cloak which will now go bye bye. This is a very poor way to run a game. And all the experiance that I will loose. I hope that things like this don't happen all the t ime or I will find another game to play.

ok im glad i constantly log and relog to save items

:D I have only harvested 3500 silver that will now go bye bye, 2000 Chrysantemums that will also go bye bye. I did get to finally make an EFE, only 11, but you cant just take those back but also the stuff that I mined legitmately!!!!. Finally I had the money to buy and Excavator cloak which will now go bye bye. This is a very poor way to run a game. And all the experiance that I will loose. I hope that things like this don't happen all the time or I will find another game to play.

Can too, he just did.

It's to balence the econemy. 1/10000 rare items arn't supposed to have over two hundred produced a seconed.

Doesn't happen too often, just when something like this happens, such as the bug where ogres ALWAYS dropped a mirror cloak.

Edited by freeone3000

So the only thing we can do is a rollback to the last backup, which is last night (so some people will lose a few hours of gameplay, while other might lose a little bit more, depending on when they logged out the last time).

Could you tell me when that last backup was made exactly in CET, GMT or some US Timezone (I can do the math :D ) ?

Thanks!

Don't complain, it's almost common sence that this was going to happen. They can't have thousands of rare items come into the game in such a short time due to a bug, it'd ruin the economy. I'm losing about 600 srs i made legitamitely before the rare day came into play, but I'll just make them back later, it's better than having EFE's on market selling for 500 each.

Guest Calcabrina

I loved the PK party too. Only wish the stuff I harvested from death bags would stick around...

Backups are made every day (IRL day, not game day). So you hopefully will lose only a few hours or, if you havent been online today, nothing.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Guest stalag

Everybody lost something so dont whine and grow up! This is in Beta afterall so things can happen sometimes!

I think it was needed for the market, seeing ppl exchanging bp cape for 3 efes was funny, but in long term it would be only sad.

We have, on average, 2 rollbacks/year and a few crashes. Not a really big deal, right?

And with the rollbacks being for only short times, you get to neg perk up, wear your sunday best and have a great laugh in KF.

Learn to enjoy them when they happen, they are few and far between ;-)

No complaints here, the rollback is necessary (Hope i don't lose too much though). Was this the first time that that specific random day was attempted? If so, is it feasible to perhaps do a backup whenever a special day kicks in? I am not sure what is entailed in the back-up process, so if this is a dumb suggestion just ignore it.

exp day would be sweet

nope, wouldn't be sweet to me, as it is about midnight in europe and i need some sleep after seeing this...

btw: suggestion for the manu day: the chance of failure for manufacturing (or simmilar))) is decreased as if you where 5 levels higher in those skills as you are...

Yes I agree with that. Lots of EFE would ruin the whole market. Roll-back was really needed. (And Entropy plz read my PM) Sorry for off-topic

Guest Aloyse

...it is about midnight in europe and i need some sleep after seeing this...

...yes, same here :D(