Eternal Lands Official Forums

Well I made a quick search and I didn't find anything proposing this, so my apologies if this has been proposed before.

What I wanted to say is: didn't you ever found annoying to open a drop bag from certain monsters? Like you have to turn the camera aside until you can see a small piece of the bag because your cloak covers it, or animals like pumas that leave a very very thick space to click the bag.

I know, you can easily solve it by dropping something and picking it all up again but, why not set an option (that can be toggled on/off) that will make you automatically open a bag when you kill an enemy and stand on the drop?

Well just a thinking that has just come to me, tell me what you think.

Maxim Ironfist

lol, yeah Max, espcialy when you kill a bear, I always have to lift its belly to find the bag..or wait till he dissapears..:rolleyes:

Jez

Thnx!

Still..it has been suggested, but never taken action upon :P

Jez

Yeah you're right, but we were just looking for a more comfy solution, but there are more important things left to be done first.

And sorry, I didn't use these keywords :P

I would imagine that would be because we decided not to do it.

after reading those links... it seems more like no-one made code that would do it well

there was one coding solution proposed, but it had potential for abuse... which begs the question; if a safe way to do this was made, would it be included?

after reading those links... it seems more like no-one made code that would do it well

there was one coding solution proposed, but it had potential for abuse... which begs the question; if a safe way to do this was made, would it be included?

I tend to remember that it was decided the cons outweighed the pro's and it wasn't such a huge deal to worry about anyway, more an issue of laziness than necessity. So we decided not to do it.

From reading through the threads the issue here seems to be that the client has to initiate the bag open, right? If that is the case then I understand the difficulty. If it were possible for the server to initiate the open then it would be trivial to add this functionality as all the server would have to do is check to see if there was a drop and then call the bag open function if there were. You're talking one or two lines of code probably.

Checking for a bag and opening it when the inventory opens seems like an OK compromise, but I may be missing some obvious problem with that approach.

i remember awhile ago, maybe a even a year, some guild came up with this patch that made the bags look huge, so you would have no trouble finding them.

but i really don't think that we'd want to see these big brown things all around the place. but i must say, back in the day they were great for killing gargs. :P

-Kat

I could imagine that such a decision could be posted.

I tend to remember that it was decided the cons outweighed the pro's and it wasn't such a huge deal to worry about anyway, more an issue of laziness than necessity. So we decided not to do it.

We decided not to do it? oh you mean the devs..

Edited by Jezebelle

I could imagine that such a decision could be posted.

Yes you are right about that, but the decisions rarely are. *shrugs*

I looked in the discussion, it was officially determined by the coders that too many things could go wrong, and it was not worth it to program this.

And yes, sorry I wasn't more clear, we = devs and coders.