Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

DÖS games

Well, which önes äre yöur fäves ? Mine äre (currently) Äncient länds öf Ys and Wärlords (nöt süre if thät´s the säme series as bättlecry)

P.S. Excuse the Umlauts i just like pronouncing the o, and like how the other 2 löök. :P

it's been a while since I played some of them, but some still come to mind pretty quickly

hero quest/quest for glory series (1-4 were dos, 5 was windows) (3rd person single character RPG)

might and magic (1-5 were dos, 6-9 windows) (1st person multiple character RPG)

tyrian (top-down space shooter)

one must fall 2096 (3rd person fighting game with robots)

command & conquer / red alert (#1 for each was dos, #2 was windows... though red alert 1 had a win 95 loader as well I beleive) (real time strategy)

there are many others I played a lot... but the names don't cone to mind anymore

A really long time since I played DOS games, but the ones I remember best are Jazz Jackrabbit, Sim City, and Captain Comic.

Edited by Dunian

A really long time since I played DOS games, but the ones I remember best are Jazz Jackrabbit, Sim City, and Captain Comic.

still have all of them, and even CC 2, which is not as good (wow, they'd rely on previous sucess and not develop the game as well? how unusual!)

Havent played them for quite a while either, but i always liked:

Commander Keen

Dune II

Prince of Persia (<-- think that was one of the first games that i played)

I found a DOS version of my all time favorite game called Telengard on one of those 'obsolete game' sites. It's a simple low graphics dungeon game I originally bought in BASIC for my Atari 130XE. Took about 45 minutes for the cassette to load on that thing!

I remember trying to map the dungeon on graph paper, but it would have been about about 30 feet square and 50 levels deep. Best designed game I ever played (til EL anyway.)