Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

Bethurc laughed inwardly at kendias question." Hes a wealthy from around here. His name is Jrundol. He will be back after some bussness in Irilion, which i would say would be in a couple to one week."He paused." I have a sort of arangement with him. He was a freind of my family and now allows me to rest at leisure at his humble home.I try to keep a low profile here just in case my families murdiers are still looking.Bethurc glances outside before turning around, going down the stairs and locking the door. " Well its been a fun day but im tired." He rolled out a bedroll by the door and went to sleep.

LadyWolf watched Brom walking up the stairs. "A bed sounds good right now, but I'm too weak to move." Lady sighed. "I'm starving, I could eat a small cow." LW looked at the jerky Brom had left for her, she devoured it, and still wanted more food.

"Bethurc, would you mine running to the tavern and getting us all something decent to eat. A good hot meal will help Brom and I both recover alot faster. Kendai, their are some gold coins in my pouch, will you get them for him. Might as well stock up on food for a few days for us. I have a feeling after you guys leave neither of us will be able to leave this place for a bit, Brom looked kinda unsteady, and I'll have to recover from my losing so much blood. Get some ale too Bethurc, something not quit so strong as that wine."

Lady laid back and glanced over at Dunian. "What's in the bundle?"

Dunian looked up from the medallion and replied, "My sword. I had a feeling that I'll need it before long."

(OOC- Sorry for not being here, I'm at home now for the winter break, and I have very limited access to the computer ^_^)

Kendai nodded at Brom as he staggered up the stairs. "Goodnight, sleep well." She then turned to LadyWolf as she made the suggestion. "Don't worry, I'll pick up the tab for this."

She gave Bethruc the necessary coins out of her own bag and winked at him. "Tell him that since we slayed the chimeran for them, we should technically get our meal free. Hint that maybe we won't stop the next one if it comes." She smirks mischieveously. "If not, that there should cover it. And we'll know what to do next time if we see an artic chimeran." Of course, she was only joking, she knew she would try her best to stop it from harming anyone, but they hadn't even been properly thanked yet. Kendai was merely making sure they got at least acknowledgement for the deed they had accomplished.

When Bethruc had gone, Kendai turned to LadyWolf. "If you wish, I can help move you to a bedroom upstairs. I bet I can carry you, even." She smirks and winks.

LadyWolf grinned at her friend Kendai , "I dunno, I'll be but a dead weight I'm afraid, I don't have much strength at all right now. But I feel so...vulnerable laying here. Maybe it won't hurt to try to move me.Just don't drop me! Remember I'm bigger than the average human male even (being draegoni)."

Lady braced herself as Kendai bent to lift her, holding her arm tightly to her, grmicing slightly at the movement. "You got me? If not I'll just stay here."

Brom begins snoring loudly from upstairs, you hear him muttering in his sleep, followed by a "No! ...Grumble.... I must ...Mutter.... Ok" Then his breathing slows back down to a normal rate. Another dream for the storyteller, where do you think he gets his stories from? Heh.

Bethurc gumbled a bit but he went out the door to get the meal. He would have made it himself only that his last attempt had been a disaster. Walking across the street he went back to the tavern. Talking to the innkeeper he got a good deal. They exchanged coins for food and that was that."Oh no" he muttered." How am I going to be able to bring these platters to the house?" Thinking fast he paid the tavern keeper to borrow a table top. Using that to balance all the food he walked all the way back to his house while being very careful with the food. He slowly opened the door with his foot and then dropped the food on the floor. Hurrying back he then put the table top back befroe returning to the house. "So i hope you all like Leopard meat" he yelled upstairs.

Kendai had managed to bring LadyWolf upstairs, though with some effort. Settling her down on one of the beds and tucking her in with a motherly fashion (much to LadyWolf's chagrin), Kendai waited for Bethruc to return. When she heard him yell to the upstairs, she went down the stairs.

"Leopard meat, hmm? Sounds interesting enough... thanks for bringing them here. Need some help bringing those upstairs? I think Brom might be sleeping, I could hear him snoring in any case." Kendai smirked a bit. Taking a few dshes in her hands, she starts to help him carry them up to LadyWolf.

Sora woke up to find himself face first in the sand with a gigantic lump on his head. "Dadaamn, Ladywolf must of hit me hard," he said. Sora stood up and brushed himself off with his tail while rubbing the bump on his head. He decided to walk around the island (which isn't much of a walk, since it's like, 10 feet) and he noticed that nothing much changed. "I'm off of summoning forever," Sora said to himself. He did notice a portal by the bamboo tree in the center of the island. "If i'm correct, then this supports Penufin's theary of teleportation causing black holes that take you to other areas," he said. "Oh god, I learned something!" he scrame in anger. The humkey then did what most other normal people do. He poked the portal with a stick. As soon as he poked it, he was transported to a tavern in an unknown location to him. He was standing min front of a beat down Ladywolf and some purply orchan. "Ah!" Sora scrame while covering his head.

((Looks like I joined up :mellow:))

((Ohh, great, We now have a humkey in our group. :( Nice one, welcome...Im sleeping I should not talk...))

((yar, we are..sora needs to clarafy on this in his post.))

LadyWolf smells the leopard meat and decides to try it. "Not bad." she says between mouthfuls. "I know Brom is asleep (God can that man snore) but I really think we should wake him to eat, also with that nasty bump he took, it is wise to wake him every so often."

"Where's Dunian, isn't he going to eat?"

Lady sits back against the poofed up pillows (growling inwardly at Kendai morhering her) and devours her meal.

((This post has the makings of passing the "Ocenstriders Voyage." in the number of posts. Lets keep this one up. We still gotta find teh monkeys.))

(OOC- w00t, someone else remembered that we had jewel monkeys to find! :confused: Oh, and welcome to the RP, strange... humkey... persona... thingy... :confused:)

Kendai looked around. "I suppose Dunian's in one of these rooms. Here, I'll take plates to him and Brom..." As she turned around, pop! A strange... thing suddenly appeared out of nowhere, which made Kendai jump in suprise, dropping the plates as a piece of leopard meat falls on top of the creature's head.

"What in the name of the gods is that!?"

(OOC- :lol:)

LadyWolf jumped, startled as she heard an audible pop! and saw something appear in front of Kendai. Instintively, she reached for her sword and found it wasn't there. She relaxed a but when she saw the tail. Sora she growled. Lady threw a hardened roll at the monkey-boy, hitting him in the head, not with much force tho, lucky for him.

"Kendai, go ahead and go get Brom and Dunian fed, I'll deal with monkey-boy." Lady growled, irritated at Sora for making her hurt her shoulder.

((Sora, please try to be serious This is a good RP, and in RP you can't joke this OOC))

I cleaned it up. So, re-read back and we will start from here. Go. :confused: No Mortos or HUGE changes to the RP by one person this time. :P

Swing, parry, Block.

Brom had been training hard with his master Oromis, He still with a heavier training weapon. Oromis stepped back and said, "Lets make this more interesting" Oromis then walked to his small hut and pulled out a wooden shield, Brom had no shield and a heavier weapon, this was not exactly fair. Oromis charged Brom with full speed on his heels. Brom twisted upward with his blade, meaning to catch the edge of the shield and throw it aside and still have the lower end of his blade to block the blow that was comming, with speed and agilty he stuck!

Food toppled over Brom and his knuckles hurt, followed by a quick slap across the face with a rough hand. Brom looked up into the yellow, yet beautiful eyes of Kendai. Brom looked down and found he was covered in delicious food and that Kendai had spilt what looked like part of an ale on herself.

"Im sorry Kendai, I would warn you again, but I thought you already knew not to sneak up on me! I thank you very much for the food however." with a smile meant to soften her face from that snarl, Brom asked, "Is it morning yet?"

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf threw a hardened roll at sora the Humkey as he stood from his crouch. "What do you think you are doing monkey boy?"

Sora edged towards the door and quickly stepped out. Lady had had enough of the food, and the ale (in her weakened state) made her very tired. She laid back and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Lady awoke with a start, Dunian was checking the dressing on her shoulder. "How's it look?" she asked groggily. "It's all but closed up, looks like that enhanced body restore potion worked wonders." Dunian remarked. LW looked at the table and noticed Dunian had brought her food, and she realized she was famished. LW thanked Dunian and watched as he left the room.

Lady ate the food quickly and decided that she wanted try to get up and walk. She slowly stood, and found that she wasn't nearly as weak as she had been the day before.

LW walked across the hall and stood in the doorway to Brom's room, watching as Kendai slapped him....

Kendai sighed, unable to stay mad at him. "No, not yet. Yeesh, you're fast, old man." She grins and sticks her tongue out at him as she starts to clean him up. "This was still freshly cooked..." She hadn't noticed LadyWolf standing in the doorway yet.

(OOC- Well done Brom for editing ^_^)

((Maybe we should skip to the ship?))

Edited by Dunian

((I can do that. Jump forward in time to Jump the RP.))

The group had lost the vigor it once had to go after these Jeweled monkeys, but after a few weeks of resting and recovering, most of the group grew bored of the snowy landscape and dull town. They all were longing for adventure and to get out. Thus they had gathered one night and discussed what was to be done, Shadowbane had dissappeared and Brom had all but given up on that strange white-clad figure. The young boy had dissappeared also, however they did take on a Humkey into the group and an rouge which would greatly help. They were lacking a strong leader, but Brom figured since they were all friends he might be able to lead it. After a long discussion that lasted long into the hours of the day, they decided to ride north, and take a ship to the southern tip of Irilion, from there to tredge north-west into Kusamura. Thus they found themselves on a boat headed north.

With his head facing the strong wind, Brom said, "Ahh, I am not much for sailing myself, but the first day of the voyage always seems to invigorate me!" He turned his head to see the others all staring north toward the horizon. What could be traveling through everyone's heads? Brom throught to himself. I dare not probe, this is not the occasion to do something so rash, only in emergencies. Brom walked carefully toward the stern of the ship where the captain, Lyfanas, was looking into the water ahead, careful to watch for the Iceburgs that the men in the cocks nest may have missed. "How long will it take us to reach the southern tip of the main continent?" Brom asked the captain once he had climbed up the ladder to the higher level. The captain looked down at Brom with a bored expression. "Erg, we ave a short voyage toward the island, not but ten or twelve hours..." The captain searched for the proper title, "Draegoni..."

((Was that too much of a jump? Naw. Lets see your posts.))

Edited by Brom

As Kendai stared out beyond the horizon, she sighed softly. In the end, it seemed that she was the only one who had not forgotten about the jewel monkeys. Her curiosity would never be sated, apparently. Oh well, it wasn't like she had explored all of Irilion yet. And what new adventures would be awaiting for them next? A biting wind picked up, making her shiver. Pulling her warm furs around her tightly, she went down to the cabins below to warm up and wait for the ship to arrive at their destination.

(OOC- do we need ideas for what should happen next? I'm sure I can come up with a few :confused:)

((Ideas are up to you. Throw it in. Try your best not to play other peoples characters though, If you need to move people in the storyline, try not to make decisions for them or make everything so general that people can escape your movement of their characters...Or at least that is how I try to do it.))