Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

The Jewel Monkeys of Kusamura

((Wouldn't you know it would be me Brom? Ifeel for you on the wisfowm teeth, got my third one pulled a few weeks ago))

LadyWolf stood panting, adjusting her armor, making ready for battle. She nodded when Brom asked if she remembered his teachings, but wasn't really paying attention. Her find was focusing on shifting forms, slowly, so as not to scare the townsfolk. Lw heard Kendai say something about a young boy and girl outside and this brought her out of her almost trance like state. She watched as Brom and the others ran outside.

"You coming Lady?" She heard Brom ask her over a mental link. She nodded, feeling herself fully transform, "Yea, but be prepared. I pray the townspeople don't turn on me"

LW looked down at her hands and saw her nails were now claw like and very sharp, she flexed her fingers and then reached for her serp. She ran through the door, drawing her sword from its sheath. She spotted the Chim just as it was about to attack the children. LW rushed past everyone and coming from a side angle, she lept at the chim, sending it and her rolling as she connected.

"Lady, NO!!!" She heard Brom scream at her in her mind. "Get the kids to safety, NOW! Don't worry about me" She barked back at him.

LW saw Kendai rushing the chim and prayed she didn't miss, already feeling the chim starting to over power her. The Chim pulled free and started to attack a townsman. Letting out a long low growl LW pounced again, sinking her claws into the chims throat. "Kendai, Brom NOW!!!" She yelled out loud.

Suddenly the chim turned the tides and was on top of her, baring its teeth at her. "Oh god, what have I gotten myself into?" She tightened her grip on the chims throat just as it lunged foward...

Edited by LadyWolf

((Good job, But Im not going to take over this one. :) Ohh I may want to yes, but I nearly always get my way in our RP. So Ill just keep quiet until this fight is over. :hehe: ... Ok just a little bit.))

Ladywolf Shifted, now the half-wolf she charged the Chimera alone. Brom yelled over the mental link "Lady, NO!!!" Kendai charged after her. I guess we will do this the hard way. Magic erupted from Brom's palms. Holding his hands close together to build up the harm to as much as he could hold, Brom combined and combined essense into a firey ball. This was not harm, but fireball. Brom had never done it but due to his long hours of study knew the way. Now that he had this spell in his palms he was unsure of what to do with it. Throwing with his might at the Chimera he felt a pull at his arm as his old feeble arm dislocated from the force of the throw. Nothing... as soon as his hands were more than one foot apart the spell fuzzled. Again and as quickly as possible dispite the pain from a dislocated shoulder,Brom charged up another fireball. Brom started running headlong into the fray he shoved his palms down toward the Chimera's back. Fire cutting like diamond on cheap rock through the outer layers of flesh and hair down to the spine of the beast. As the spine of the beast was cut through Brom looked down and saw ladywolf with her claws dug deep into the beasts throught, At that moment he was thrown back several feet in the air. A "THUNK" as the backside of his head impacted something hard and ridged then blackness and comfort. All worldly cares gone...

((What in the world? How did that happen? Heh.))

Edited by Brom

((Brom, this is only my second RP, you just had to drag me into this one didn't you :P))

LadyWolf held the chim as long as she could, but could feel the breath of the chims drawing closer to her face, she knew her strength was failing her. She saw Kendai swing her sword at the chim but it seemed to have no effect. She watched helplessly as the chims powerful jaws were but inches from her neck.

LW saw Brom, weilding some spell she had never seen before come charging up. With the last of her strength she pushed back on the chim, just enough that she could roll slightly to the side, before she felt the razor sharp teeth of the chim sink deep into her shoulder. She let out a howl of tremendous pain, but refused to let the wash of white overcome her. She saw Brom release the unknown spell and felt the jaws of the chim tighten on her shoulder then release, hearing the shrill cries of pain from the chim, she felt heat, and lots of it.

The weight of the chim shifted more and she rolled free, laying there panting, still livid enough to start her transformation back to human. She closed her eyes, feeling the pain wash over her, but refusing to pass out like her body so wanted to. she opened her eyes and saw Brom laying there, motionless. She reached out with her mind, but found nothing from him. More worried about her old friend than herself, she gained her feet, despite Kendai trying to hold her back. She pointed at Brom and said "Brom's hurt, help him."

LadyWolf dropped to her knees beside her old friend, and saw that he had hit his head on a jagged rock when he was thrown by the spell. With the last of her strength she reached into her pouch and pulled out her last 2 health essences and her last 2 magic essences. "Not enough for both of us" she thought to herself. With that she cupped them in her hands all at once and cast remote heal on Brom. She felt the last of her strength fade from her at last and slumped over, welcoming the darkness, a chance to escape the pain....

Edited by LadyWolf

Bethurc had gone and had gotten the children to safety. After seeing the aftermath of the fight he rushed over to help the Dragonie(Ladywolf) and Brom. He also took some horns from the cimierian wolf. Dragging them into a house(one that he had made the lock unusable but the owner still didnt know that, who was right now away in anouther part of the country). Laying them both on beds and then after going out side to see how the orchan was doing(Kendai)was doing....

(OOC- Brom, when you said I was one of the best fighters we had, I knew we were in trouble :D *has 29/31 a/d* lol)

(OOC- edited to fit :P)

Kendai blanched nervously. She had tried to tell them that she wasn't a fighter, that she was an alchemist, but it hadn't worked and suddenly she found herself face to face with a thankfully-almost-dead artic chimeran wolf, her two good friends knocked out nearby.

Guess I'm going to see the Irilion underworld after all... she thought to herself as she stood in front of her two friends, protecting them from the artic menace. Though still badly hurt from the flames and LadyWolf's teeth and claws, it still sensed the weak pray and growled as it suddenly leaped forward at Kendai. Thinking fast, she quickly threw up her sword, and the wolf neatly impaled itself on it, terrible cries of pain as the force of the leap had knocked Kendai to the ground with it on top. With a grunt, she pushed the wolf off herself and beheaded it so that it would no longer suffer.

Breathing hard, she rushed back to her friends. Now she could be useful... taking out her pouch and the necessary essences (she was so glad she had grabbed so many out of her own personal stock), she cast the remote healing spell on both of them, helping to keep their injuries from being grieveous. She looked up and saw Bethurc.

"Here, help me take them inside..." Bethurc pointed towards an empty house, and together they brought Brom and LadyWolf inside, although Kendai was still not quite sure how it had gotten unlocked. Drinking a potion that would restore her spiritual energy and making a face at the taste, she cast the remote healing spells on her friends twice more for good measure. She frowned at Brom's dislocated arm and turned to Bethruc.

"Have any idea on how to pop an arm back into a shoulder socket?"

Edited by Kendai

((OOC..even funnier that I was considered one of the 2 strongest (only 59/63 a/d) btw, fyi, don't charge an artic chimmy blindly, their bite is worse than their bark :P))

LadyWolf roused as she felt the remote heal spell wash over her, bringing with it awareness and pain. she slowly moved to a sitting position, aware that she couldnt move her right arm withot bringing on the white hot wash of pain.

LW loosened the clasp on her cloak and slowly unfastened her titanium chainmail, that she saw was badly mangled on her right shoulder."Are the kids ok? Did you get them to safety?"LW croaked hoarsly. "Kendai, help me get this armor off please", she asked through gritted teeth. With Kendai's help she got the chainmail off and glanced and her shoulder. Her face turned pail at the site of the blood that had soaked what was left of her shirt, and at the site of the puncture wounds. "This isn't good" she thought to herself. She tasted blood in the back of her throat, but ignoring that she slowly looked over at Brom.

"Kendai, promise me you will tend Brom first." LW barely had the strength to speak, the loss of blood was weakening her by the second. She started coughing, and was thankful that the intense pain washed over her quickly enough to knock her out again. As she was fading from conciousness she reached out to Brom,"If you can hear me Brom, and if we don't meet again, you take care old friend."

Edited by LadyWolf

Dunian stared into the mound of ice, which dimmed the sparkle of silver. Pulling a fire essence from his pouch, he melted a hole and retrieved a strange amulet. It was a silver hawk, hanging from a chain of the same metal. Its two small saphire eyes seemed to glow in the dimming light of the fire essence. The shadowbane hadn't dropped this, nor had the draegoni who lived here. He remembered hearing of someone in the ages past who had had the skill to make such beautiful art... something Rahn had told him...

But back to the present. He had definitely lost the Shadowbane, and he heard the footsteps of Draegoni guards. This would be a good time to pick up LadyWolf in the portal room, if she was still there. By the time that the guards had gotten to the spot where Dunian had been, not even a spark remained.

Now in the portal room, Dunian couldn't find LadyWolf. "She must've found her way out already." he thought. By a stroke of luck, he entered the same portal that she had, and found himself in a crowd, gathered around the carcass of a arctic chimmeran. Sensing his friends were in the house nearby, and entered. One glance told him the whole story...

Edited by Dunian

Kendai looked up at Dunian with a full sigh of relief. "Dunian, do you know healing? Take care of LadyWolf, I need to tend to Brom... watch her shoulder, it's been ripped apart." A promise was a promise, she needed to tend to Brom first.

Crossing her arms in thought, she thought of an idea on how to relocate Brom's arm. Gently flipping him over so that he was on his stomach now and that his injured arm was hanging haphazardly off the edge of the bed, Kendai took a bucket full of coal she had found near the fireplace to him. Forcing Brom's fingers around the handle, she took a leather strap and wrapped it around both his hand and the bucket so that it was secure.

"Well, here goes nothing..." She then let go of the bucket, letting it and his arm swing downwards. With an audible *pop*, the arm relocated itself into the shoulder socket, although this would have brought an intense amount of pain to Brom had he been awake. Smiling in triumph to see that her plan had worked, she quickly unstrapped the bucket of coal from Brom's hand and laid him on his back again, checking his shoulder for any lasting damage. It would probably never feel the same again thanks to his venerable age, but it would heal. Meanwhile she checks on his head, particularly the back of it where it had violently hit the rock. She didn't know what kind of damage would result from it... would he even remember anything, if he woke up at all? Kendai tossed the thoughts aside. He would get better, and so would LadyWolf, or so the gods help her...

(ooc- Yes, I did take a first aid class :D But that's actually from a survival trading card game or something to that effect... ;))

Edited by Kendai

Bethurc watched as Kendia put back Broms arm. He also saw the last pleas of Ladywolf."Alas I am no healer, I was to learn it but something came up before". He looks away for a while before turning back to Kendai." So what do we need to do now? I can fetch many things in this town. Just dont tell the Guards that it was me" and he smiled slyly." But should we not continue? I have heard that you are on a quest. I do not know the details but that is no matter, if it is to effect draia then should we not hurry?"

Again Brom, Again! said Oromis, a little impatient Brom could tell, the old man hardly ever showed it. A sign as clear as any that he was doing poorly now the man actually showed his impatience. Concentrating with all of his might on the small pebble, Brom released the magic. The rock lifted from the wood floor up into the air about a foot above the ground. Brom smiled with self accomplishment and lost his concentration. "Brom! You try and try for hours, when you finally do the task I give you, what do you do?"

"Lose my concentration that I had been building up master, I am sorry. I will do better" said Brom, his smile now broken into hundreds of pieces. "That is enough for now, you have learned much more than magic in this lesson Brom, now for the blade."

Oromis was an old, old, very old Elf who had been training Brom ever sense he left the training school he had grown up in while living in the city of Lakeside. Now nestled somewhere deep in the Forest of the Fall, Brom was undergoing rigorous training from the old master Oromis. "Heavy practice swords today, you had a light day yesterday." Said Oromis followed by a quick "Yes master Oromis" from Brom, and he ran toward the hut Oromis lived in to get the reeds wrapped together with a strong sinue. Picking up the heavy Iron rings next to the swords in one hand and the swords in the other he trotted back to where Oromis was now sitting on a log, looking into the distance. "Shall I prepare your weapon master?" said Brom while sitting down and setting to work on his own. "Just two rings for me today, Three on yours" Slightly startled that he would be fighting the master with more weight he finished his work, binding on the heavy rings to the bottom and the lighter thinner ones to the top. Completed, the blade for Oromis weighed around 30 EMU while Broms was approaching 45.

Brom hesitated then asked "If I may ask master, why should I fight with a heavier blade if you are the more superiour with the weapon?" A small pause from Oromis then he said, "Good question, what is the answer?" This was the type of question Brom was often asked, Oromis thought it better if Brom worked things out for himself and Oromis would comment after, that way Brom would learn to think and solve rather than put off thinking and complain that someone else should solve it. "I think I will be fighting you with a heavier weapon against a more superior blademaster so that I can learn faster." Oromis smiled, what was with the man today, he usually very rarely showed any emotion at all. "Very good Brom, You are advancing quickly, soon you will...

Pain, Outrageous pain erupted from Brom's shoulder and he jolted, legs comming up, arms retreating to the center of his body and the body itself revolting in pain. Brom was concious of his body now. He had retreated so far into his mind to conserve energy he had not noticed anything happening to him until his arm was set back in place. Comming awake now Brom opened his eyes and found he was looking into the yellow eyes of a female Orchan. "Thank you" were the first words he uttered. Brom found his throught was wet dispite the fact he could not speak clearly. "Ouch, that felt good" were his next words in retort to the pain that was now subsiding. And finally with everything rushing back at once Brom said the first thing that found his lips, which was a conglomerate of everything. "Ahh, Ok? Lady? Theif? Pain, Chim, Dead, Safe" Closing his mouth forcefully Brom closed his eyes and waited a moment for everything to process. His mind seemed slow, perhaps he was drugged with something. Opening his eyes again he said slowly so that he could be understood. "Is everyone alright? Tell me what happened"

Edited by Brom

"Dunian, do you know healing? Take care of LadyWolf, I need to tend to Brom... watch her shoulder, it's been ripped apart."

Dunian examined chimmeran's bite. He was no healer, but he had gathered some skill, having had to heal such wounds as he had gained when wandering through the wilder parts of Serdia. Though he had never faced such a nasty bite, there was no time to find someone else.

He hastily applied a cloth bandage, having first spread it with a reddish liquid to fight off any infection. Then he casted a spell over the lot. Seeing that that was all he could do, he waited, knowing that only time would reveal if it was enough.

He then turned towards Brom as the storyteller began to regain consciousness. "What happened? You'd have to ask Kendai to be sure, but I'd say you won. As for how everyone is doing, only time will answer that."

Edited by Dunian

Kendai smiled when she saw her friend was awake. "I don't know what you managed to do to that chimeran, but it killed him mostly off. LadyWolf's in pretty bad shape, she took a nasty bite to the shoulder and lost a lot of blood. How are you feeling?"

"How I am feeling is nothing to what I feel. And that is a thing called pain." Pause "Thank you for setting my shoulder back in, was it you Kendai?" Kendai looked at him and said, "Yes, I was unsure how to do it, but it seemed to work" I have only set a shoulder back in place once, and for that it just took a very strong shove back into the joint at the right angle, And it hurts a lot, but the pain does go away shortly thereafter. I will move it and work it so that it will heal properly when I can rise." Brom leaned his head at an akward angle so that he could look over to where Ladywolf was lying, She was still unconsious as he was a few minuites ago. A red, glossy shoulder was showing above the rest as the greatest injury. While he was deep inside his head he thought he felt someone trying to speak to him through the mental touch, but he was unable to hear anything. He decided he would try it now. Laying back he first said to the group gathered,

"You have tried healing us with magic? I see some sort of poltice on Ladys shoulder, We must do more. Potions of Body restoration can be enhanced with a scrape from the skin of a Chimera. It is an old secret no one has been using for years because it was just not practical to make all potions with that. I am not sure if an Arctitc Chimera has the same type of hide, but it is worth a try. Take the hide of the Chimera and remove the fur, scrape off the top layer of skin with a knife and place it into a potion of Body restoration, perferably one that has not had time to sit long, if you have the skill make one then put the extra skin into it. Sometimes potions can help render the flesh together better than healing can. Healing makes the person feel better and removes pain and in enough time does heal flesh, but the potions themselves rely on the bodies natural means to heal, We should do both in a time like this. I will try to get in touch with Ladywolf using the old Draegoni method."

A smile crossed Brom's face as others in the room gave him various looks. "No Im not that crazy, trust me on this one." A smirk from his mouth and chuckle escaped his lungs, he then laid his head back, relaxing and tried to contact Ladywolf...

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf had retreated deep inside herself to escape the pain. She had no conscious knowledge of what was going on around her.

LW awoke and sat upright, but this was only in her subconsciuos. She was back in her home where she grew up. She stood gingerly but was pain free. She looked down at her shoulder and saw that it was not injured.

Puzzeled she walked to the door and opened it. Outside, laying on the welcome mat was her wolf Gai, he lazely lifted his snout and looked up at her. "What the...? This can't be, you've been gone 15 years now!" She shook her head and slumped to her knees beside her old friend as images of how he gave his own life for her flooded her mind. Gai nuzzled her hand until his head was in her lap, he looked up at her with his piercuing blue eyes and spoke, " Don't panic master, this is only your deepest thoughts. Nice to know that you sitll think of me after all these years."

LadyWolf's eyes grew large, "You talked! And how could I ever forget such a dear sweet friend as you. You gave your life for me." tears rolled down her cheeck "I don't think I could ever do anything that unselfish."

Gai licked LW's hand and said, " But you have, you are were willing to save those children and those townspeople, no matter what. You sacrificed youself for their safety."

"Am I dead?" Lw asked, still shaken at having this conversation with her long dead pet.

"No, not yet. You are still hanging on. The decision has been left up to you. Only you can save yourself now. Your friends are trying all means physical to keep you alive, but in the end you have to make a choice." Gai spoke slowly so that LadyWolf could take in what he was saying.

"What choice?" She asked.

"To live or die" Gai said frankly.

"Well I want to live. I'm not ready to die." LadyWolf said without falter.

Gai smiled and licked LW's cheek, " I was hoping you still had that fight left in you., Now listen closely, I hear someone calling out to you, one of your friends. Do you hear him?"

LadyWolf cocked her head to the side and listened and heard Brom's voice. He was channeling her.

"Go now, leave this place and aid your friends in saving you. You have to not give up from the inside." Gai stood and started to turn to leave.

"Goodbye old friend." Lady said as she felt herself being drawn from this place and merging with her body again.

Still unconscious LadyWolf mustered her strength to respond to Brom. "Brom! You are ok. Thank the gods. I'm very weak old friend. I am fighting the pain the best I can. Ease the pain and I might can regain consciousness. I'm too weak to deal with it right now. I must rest now." and with that Lw killed the mental link and slipped back into her semi comatose state to try to heal from the inside out while her friends worked on the outside.

Edited by LadyWolf

Kendai nodded when she heard the plan. "I'll do my best. Hopefully the villagers haven't taken the carcass for a trophy..."

She left the house to see if the wolf had been moved or not. Thankfully it hadn't. Dragging the carcass nearer to the house, she took out her knife and skinned the chimeran as instructed, making sure to keep the slices of skin. She takes the pieces back inside. "Does anyone have a potion of body restoration I could put these in? I don't have any with me unfortunately..."

"I left some in the local storage the last time I passed this way, I'll go over and retrieve them." Dunian returned with a few potions and a long bundle. He handed the potions to Kendai, and set the bundle in the corner.

Edited by Dunian

Raising an eyebrow at the strange bundle, Kendai then focused on making the "enhanced" potion of body restoration. It gave out a wisp of smoke and bubbled for a bit as she placed the skin inside. "Tasty... hope this works..." She started to administer the potion to LadyWolf, praying to the gods that everything would go well.

The Potion began to bubble on Ladywolf's shoulder, Flesh was moving of its own accord, bone and sinue were comming back together and restrengthning (If that is a word) a Red bubble popped emitting a pink gas from it, soon others were popping and the room filled with the strange pink smoke. Brom awoke and said. "Whoa, how much Chimera skin did you put in there?" He sat up slowly, coughing from the smoke. Brom noticed that the smoke gathered on the ground like mist, not like smoke normally did and gathered at the ceiling. "I dont think it will hurt her through, I will remember to not try that again with Arctic Chimera skin until we have done further testing. Good job whoever made it." Looking around the room Brom spotted Kendai with a grin on her face and said. "Was it you Kendai? Thank you. Ladywolf will be waking soon." looking at the shoulder for a minute Brom said, "Did you put anything on it before you gave her the potion? That may be what is causing this."

Edited by Brom

LadyWolf lay semi-comatose drawn deep inside herself. Suddenly she started feeling intense heat coming from her shoulder, along with a burning sensation. She felt the muscles, bone, and sinew (yes it's a word) moving,growing and reattaching themselves. She felt her breathing steady as her body quickly healed. She felt her head clearing and she slowly started coming to.

LW slowly opened her eyes, still in pain but not nearly what it had been. She blinked her eyes at the light, and slowly turned her head. She saw Brom laying on the bed across the room, sleeping. Kendai was kicked back in a chair next her bed looking over at a bundle in the corner that Dunian stood by.

LW went to speak but found her throat extremely die. She forced herself to speak hoarsely, "Hey, what's a girl gotta do to get something to drink around here."

Bethurc after hearing ladywolf wake up was over joyed. It seemed the others plan had worked after all. Going down to the seller he got out some 20 year old aged wine. Bringing it up he offered it to ladywolf in a glass." Umm dont ask, just be grateful" he murmered. He passed the glasses around to the whole troup before seating himself on the floor." Is wine good for a person who has just undertook a grand injury? Im a little new to this bussness of healing wounds. If you wish i could get water or anouther beverage".

(( really i know this stuff but my rp char doesnt))

"Yes, Wine is grand for someone trying to heal a physical wound, especially when it is an aged wine and everyone shares in drinking it." said Brom, finally kicking his legs over the edge of the table he was placed on and standing up.

"Shall we drink to the death of the Chimera? to healing? or to the theif who brought us the wine?" a grand simle crossing Brom's face. "No offense, but you are a rouge-type and I have seen some of your skills even in the brief moments I have been awake, we could use someone like you in our group... that is if you can be trusted."

LadyWolf struggled to sit up, still weak from the loss of blood. She was thankful when Kendai assisted her in this task. Looking down at her shoulder she saw that it still wasn't fully healed yet,but was amazed to see whatever they used still working. She watched as the skin moved to cover a gash on her chest. "What the hell was that stuff?" She noticed the pinkish smoke still lingering on the floor.

LW accepted the glass of wine , sniffing it first, still weary of the strange dishonest looking stranger. She took too big of a gulp and set to coughing, as it was very strong wine. "Ugggh. Someone remind me not to tackle an artic chimmy again." She gasped and tokk another drink, slower this time.

"Brom, I'm glad you are ok. You smacked your head pretty hard out there. But I just realized, if I hadn't jumped through the portal on my own, and ran into you guys...you would have walked straight into it. Thank goodness I'm impatient eh?" Lady grinned slightly, but was so weak that the wine was making her groggy.

"So what now guys? I'm not sure how long it will take for me to heal enough to continue on this journey." LW frowned at the glass of wine, "What kind of wine is this?" "Is it me, or does this taste funny?" LW laid back on the bed staring at the ceiling. "I think I need sleep."

Kendai only sipped at the wine, too strong for her tastes. "I suggest we all rest for the night. Tomorrow morning we'll see how injuries have healed and where to go from here." She stretches and yawns, wincing a bit in pain. She too had been scratched up by the chimeran, but nothing serious like her friends had; they had taken the brunt of the attack.

She turned to Bethruc. "I meant to ask earlier, but do you know whose house this is and if or when the owner is coming back?"

Ahh, pleasantly strong, even if it was not gotten in the best way, I think we deserve such a nice taster. Going to his cloak which was lying nearby on a chair, Brom rifled through his pockets and pulled out some hardened bread and some dried fruit, placing those in his pockets he went for the biggest pocket on the left side and pulled out deer jerky. "Jerky anyone? It does not really recover you that well, but at least it will recover some of the substance we lost. Ladywolf, you should eat to your full capacity, that potion needs that norishment too." He tossed scraps of jerky around to everyone then listened to Kendai say, ""I meant to ask earlier, but do you know whose house this is and if or when the owner is coming back?" Brom followed with a "This is a house?!" He looked around for the first time, "I was thrown off by the table you put me on. If this is really is a house Im going upstairs to a bed! Heh." Brom trundled upstairs, rolling his injured shoulder to make sure it had most of its flexibilty. When he got to the top of the stairs, he thought to himself, "Whoa, dizzy. I may need another day or two to rest, perhaps we can persuade Kendai, Dunian and Bethurc to go ahead while Lady and I rest a few more days... What are you thinking, we will not be seperated they will just have to wait a few days resupply and rest, perhaps Shadowbane will return in that time. Ugh those jeweled monkeys are far out of reach as this point, we will make our way there however, Maybe we can find additional help on the way there."

Edited by Brom