Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Random days

make evry1 PKble day =D

It would be like Hellspawn. Everyone will be in hell all the time... the weak ones beacuse they'll get pwned and the strong ones to wait for the weak to respawn and block the little stairway. XD

The problem with having seperate good and bad days is that, unlike the real world, players can just walk away from the latter; the bad and good days would never balance.

Each special day needs to contain both good and bad aspects.

For example; bad aspect represents something that must be overcome inorder to gain benefits of the good, but the option remains to avoid both effects by working in another field for the day.

Edited by trollson

The problem with having seperate good and bad days is that, unlike the real world, players can just walk away from the latter; the bad and good days would never balance.

Each special day needs to contain both good and bad aspects.

For example; bad aspect represents something that must be overcome inorder to gain benefits of the good, but the option remains to avoid both effects by working in another field for the day.

I think that's an interesting point :evilgrin:

perhaps a random game hour? or a portion of the day? The frequency of occurence could be small, and still and an element of excitement and chance... but not disrupt 6 hours of play. Just a thought.

Guest stalag

Just do it...great ideia much better then cooldown B) I think 10% probability will be enough but is a matter of test it. I think hard days must be real hard and good days real good and i also agree with a little more hard then good. Can't believe i agree with ent at 100%! It must be a very good ideia indeed :blink:

a tip for an hard day :

- day of the living dead....monsters spawn normally but each time u kill a beast it will just pop up again joining the others and will attack u like invasion type. ex: u fight one skeleton, then u must face 2, then 3, ...

another...

-day pk it - every player can be pk except in ip and inside houses or caves. (very rare event 5% or less of happen)

Guest supremacy

make evry1 PKble day =D

man thats a cool id =D

but when you make IP save, everybody would be over there

but if you wont do that, people will wait for people to spawn at the beam

if you make it this way, that you can't be attacked, 1 or maby more minutes after

you leave hell, and make hell non pk otherwise hell is one big death match

and you are save in some houses, so new players can run into houses, or caves

like the rat cave, so they can train and be save

Guest Ashen

I agree with the idea of having a day where good stuff and bad stuff happens but i'm worried these good/bad days will happen way too often. The thing i enjoy most about the game is being able to just wander round and do whatever i feel like on the day. If those random day effects happen too often it'll put me off from playing altogether as some of the ideas will prevent that.

Also if some of the effects are god based wouldnt it make sense for them to happen only to worshippers of that particular god?

Also if some of the effects are god based wouldnt it make sense for them to happen only to worshippers of that particular god?

On the same note, if Osama Bin Laden attack the US, wouldn't it make sense for Bush to attack Osama Bin Laden, rather than an arbitrary country that had nothing to do with it?

Sometimes life aint fair.

Well we just got a new day, No Drop day. One thing I noticed was that it had no RP note. I suggest something like this.

Today Aluwen feels there is no need have extra penalties with death, therefore, man nor beast will lose belongings if they are sent to the underworld from battle.

Well we just got a new day, No Drop day. One thing I noticed was that it had no RP note. I suggest something like this.

I went over a list of them from mihaim and sent back with RP stuff and a few typo corrections. perhaps next server update

yours is probably just as good as mine though :)

Edited by ttlanhil

Personally the no drop day doesn't hurt me much, I'm more into exp anyway.

Though looking at the whole picture, what about new players that happen to join on a day like today, or one of the other bad days that prevents you from say fighting a monster, or not getting any drops. How would you expect them do to the tutorial npc quest to get some armor?

I believe that a character should be a certain amount of days or say a week or two old before the random days affects it, because new players could become confused, and upset if they aren't able to do certain things when they first join the game and might be immediately turned away.

Just an observation.

What about a random day when NPCs and Store Bots jack up their prices and pay much less for items you sell, but then have another day where they reduce their prices and pay more for what they buy.

For Example;

Magic stores pay 3gc for Fire Essences and sell for I think its 15gc.

On a bad day they would buy for 2gc and charge 20 but on a good day they would buy for 4 and sell for 10, that sort of thing.

What if on rare days you would be given a special blessing by one of the gods to temporarily increase skill experience, like having a finished god quest for a day? Like say for example, if Aluwen blessed everyone on a certain day, everyone would get a little boost in def exp, but then it would be over by the next day. Another day, Selain might come in during a bad day, and if you're good enough to deal with bad days he'll give you summoning exp during that day. It could increase god activity instead of just relying on priests to talk to the gods.

This could work for all of the gods except for Glydoc, since I'm not positive if he is attached to any skill or if he's the overseer of ordinary, neutral days. The gods could even have a good day/bad day meter and depending upon what kind of day it is, that god will appear. Like for example:

Aluwen: special day

Zarin/Elandria: good day

Glydoc: ordinary day (no god exp, but nothing dangerous will happen)

Unolas/Selain: bad day

Mortos: cursed day

Zarin/Elandria and Unolas/Selain would have a random factor in selection. Did I miss any of the gods by chance? *looks it up again*

There should be also days like :

-All the items stack, all potions and everything can stack

-And other day that nothing can stack, vials dont stack in the inventory and nothis stack

Edited by EleKtriK

This has been an excellent idea, and i for one have eagerly looked forward to seeing what a new day might bring.

(Even though i ran for teh nearst house to Raven yesterday when acid rain day started. i r teh=n00b)

There should be also days like :

-All the items stack, all potions and everything can stack

-And other day that nothing can stack, vials dont stack in the inventory and nothis stack

That would be so cool, especially when the day is over and all those items will fall from you since you can't keep them in your inventory :)