Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mhailyn

Email System, Pets, Minimizing Shortcut

Just three ideas. I've looked and have seen nothing like them, so pwease don't yell at me if there already was something similar. :(

-------------------

Email System

Maybe you could add a button to the bar for mail. I think ti would be every useful to contact EL players when they are offline with something like email.

--------------------

Minimizing Shortcut

A few of my friends' video drivers only support full screen and they can't minimize their window to get to other programs without closing EL. Could there be a keyboard shortcut to minimize the window? I think this would be very useful.

--------------------

Pets

I understand that this particular idea would take a lot of work, but could there ever be a pet system on Eternal Lands where you can tame animals you're fighting (or buy the animals) and have them hunt with you (and they can advance in level, healing can be done on the pet, etc.) and follow you. I think this would be an incredibly neat feature.

Hrm, I think there's a few topics on pets around here somewhere...

On a different note, (e-mail), you mean on the forums? Or in-game?

maby (s)he mean a message board ingame like u leave a message

a town board or something in each town

but ppl would abuse it

Er, sorry for not specifying about my Email thing. I was talking about maybe ingame, sort of like PMs but you can send them when the user isn't online?

About the minimizing shortcut... I'll tell them to try WindowsKey+M. Alt+Tab didn't work for them (or me) though. :P

Yep, they've tried that, but that's just toggle fullscreen and their video drivers only work with fullscreen. Well as far as that issue, I'll tell then to try WindowsKey+M.

Pets

I understand that this particular idea would take a lot of work, but could there ever be a pet system on Eternal Lands where you can tame animals you're fighting (or buy the animals) and have them hunt with you (and they can advance in level, healing can be done on the pet, etc.) and follow you. I think this would be an incredibly neat feature.

214289[/snapback]

They are currently called summons.(ive heard some people get really mad at others for harming their "babies" :D )

They are currently called summons.(ive heard some people get really mad at others for harming their "babies" :D )

214642[/snapback]

:D Yeah, but those "pets" only last so long. I think it would be great to really name a pet, have it grow in level, and etc.

Maybe a new enriched essence could be used to make a animal that you summon a pet. the pet would not lose hp and can gain lvls :). but you would have to try really hard to make sure other players dont kill it. This would make the summoning skill more useful.

Maybe a new enriched essence could be used to make a animal that you summon a pet. the pet would not lose hp and can gain lvls :P. but you would have to try really hard to make sure other players dont kill it. This would make the summoning skill more useful.

214676[/snapback]

That would be neat. But maybe it could lose HP just the same way you do, but you could have it fight along side you and get experience. (So, for example, if you had a rabbit pet, and were fighting a beaver, you would be helping your pet fight and it wouldn't die.) This part may be harder to implement but it's an idea: Maybe you could have certain Coordination/Physique/etc. for your pet, and it could even gain its own pickpoints to be used at the Wraith?

Well if there ever are any pets, I think there should be the option to store it in your inventory or something, so if you were fighting something that would kill your pet easily it wouldn't be harmed.

pets have come up a few times before. for now the answer is just use summons (you can't take summons to storages, so what happens with pets? that's up to double the actors at a storage if you add them (assuing a limit of one per person), and they no longer die off before you get back to storage)

in-game mail has come up before a few times. for now the answer has been use forum PMs

to get out of a fullscreen program... try tapping the windows key as another option

note that in rare cases, being minimised has caused crashes in EL (or used to, hopefully all of those problems are long gone), so using something like indows key that leaves it in fullscreen but in background (eh... it's not minimised, but you can use desktop :P ) should be better

Thanks for all your help, by the way, everyone.

Well if pets were ever implemented, to make things easier maybe you wouldn't be able to enter within a certain distance of a crowded place (e.g. WS Storage) without puttiong your pet away, so as to make things less crowded? These are just suggestions. :P

Isn't it better (if they add) to get only a dog as pet?

And that a dog can only be used by wolf and higher to attack?

And the dog will always walk near you, and will bark if there a high lvl monster near you...

And in the beginning the dog is like a little puppy.

And after a few attack/defense training against brown/white rabbits it will work against (what i already sayd before) wolf and higher?

And there are brown/black/yellow(don't know the exactly name for it in the english)/white and black???

just a few suggestions for a dog as pet (if it will be implented)

StarDark :P

And the dog will always walk near you, and will bark if there a high lvl monster near you...

And after a few attack/defense training against brown/white rabbits it will work against (what i already sayd before) wolf and higher?

And there are brown/black/yellow(don't know the exactly name for it in the english)/white and black???

216150[/snapback]

If dog barks and high level monster is hungry, it attracts his attention!

Green Radioactive Glowing Fluffy Bunny (GRGFB, and his name is Nuke, and he will be my Nuke, call me teh Gnome with teh Nuke)

216150[/snapback]

If dog barks and high level monster is hungry, it attracts his attention!

216152[/snapback]

Yes, but if a dog bark, you know that you need to run away.

Or they should let the dog run around the monster while you can walk away, and the dog is after around 30 seconds with you again...

Ok, he's just a bunny that glows green, has glow-in-the-dark perk, is light green, does radiation damage, and is named Nuke.

That idea for dogs is quite nice actually, but I don't know if quite everyone would want the same dog just in different colors. *shrug* Maybe there can be a few other animals too? Maybe there can be another skill called Taming and the player can use it on animals; the higher taming level the better chance at taming the pet.

Taming... nah, that would be hard to train if you have only 1 pet.

Than you need a pet that will die after 24 ingame online hours.

And i agree very much with other pets, maybe different sort dogs.

Maybe big cats...

But if the devs agreed with this skill, they will have a great new skill, but it will takes a lot of time to make animals for use.

But i'm all for it! :P

I just want something pure black :P Anyways, we could get horses to ride. Only about the size of a chim, and you can mount. If you enter a building, you dismount. Most buildings will prevent you from mounting, except for a few like private houses and guild maps. When you go in a teleportal or enter a new outside map, you don't dismount. You can name your horse, or not, and you could use jousting weapons like lances and ram creatures/people. You can't do it on non-pk maps to players, though. You have to be at least 5 grid-squares away. Then, you charge and ram, and there's a 1/5 chance they'll hit you and do twice their normal damage, and a 1/20 chance of knocking you off your steed and engaging combat with you, and the jousting weapon becomes useless. The steed just wanders behind you or in a stable when you're not using it. The upside is it increases walking speed by either x1 (normal walking rate), x2, x3, and if your really in a need for speed, x4. It can do x1 and x2 for as long as you want, x3 for about 20 minutes before needing a rest, x4 for about 5min. There will be different animations for trotting, walking, galloping, and racing.