Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

What other p2p races would you like in game?

:=hmmm im thinkin maybe a pixie, a really small elf that's really fast and really good with mischievious magic like maybe traps and alterations --- like if someone was holding a bone as a weapon, the pixie could change it to a snake; if they were holding a stick the pixie could change it to a flower lol=:

Edited by Ailenya

What about a set of Elementals like

fire and ice

elementals.jpg

water

WATER1.jpg

air

air-elemental-t.jpg

earth

elementalspower01.jpg

all art work here was not my work

how about these two races: legolas and _pl. there are enough players to support it ;)

210845[/snapback]

OMG! :lol:

That would really be something to see.....or not :P

I wanna see some gargums ;) half human half gargoyal..gargoyal wings and chest human head and legs?.. just suggestion.. but goblins would be cool :P

What about a set of Elementals like

fire and ice

water

air

earth

210866[/snapback]

I agree with Ornitorrinco. These would be more suited for summoning.

P2P really needs more of an advantage, as of now the only good thing about it really is that people can't read the fighting book against you, and the cool looks.

They should get something, not like items or anything like that (which was suggested somewhere else), but instead maybe draegoni are stronger fighters, gnomes are better makers, dwarfs are good with axes, or something along those lines.

I think if more races are to be added, they need to be very different in looks. So much of what we have now all looks the same unless you zoom way in to get a closer look.

I lot of people seem excited about a vampire race. The problem is they generally look just like humans. Vampire lore has them able to walk with humans at night and not be identified. What's the point of paying for a new race if they don't look different from what we already have? Couldn't you just make a human player, give it pale skin and black clothes (add in a black cape) and be at least close?

For similar reasons I'm not that excited about some of the mixed race ideas (like human+elf). Again, they just won't look that much different. If you have to zoom WAY in to see a character well enough to know what it is, you've sort of lost the effect of adding a new race.

What's interesting are the really new and unique race suggestions. The reptile or fish-like races. The element races. Now THOSE are visually different and would be fun to see walking around EL.

Now for my suggestion: what about a race of mechanical men (robots if you will, but NOT androids). Created by an ancient long-dead race, they were trapped (or sealed??) deep underground in a cavern. Released by accident by dwarves digging mines, they have slowely started to activate and come to the surface. Silver or gold in color, with exposed workings in various places. They are no more powerful or intelligent than the biological races and require "food" and "healing" just as any other race (since, at least for now, the races do not have race-specific attributes). Generally friendly and helpful by nature, there's always that question that no one wants to ask: just why were they trapped in that cavern, and what happened to the race that created them?

Now that's a back-story I could have fun creating. Who knows, I might even loosen up and p2p for a race like that if the graphics were well done.

Anyway, as the ideas begin to take shape, I think "the developers" should focus on races that will look very different from what we have now, and will have a unigue (and interesting) story-line.

I would like some sort of wolf like creature. Werewolf? Or just a human with wolf like features (larger than elf ears, extended nose, tail?, furry ;))

OMG!  :lol:

That would really be something to see.....or not  :P

210868[/snapback]

lmfao yeh to many ppl with that name ;)

I think if more races are to be added, they need to be very different in looks.  So

Now for my suggestion:  what about a race of mechanical men...

Call them "Iron Golems" and your on ;)

I lot of people seem excited about a vampire race. The problem is they generally look just like humans. Vampire lore has them able to walk with humans at night and not be identified. What's the point of paying for a new race if they don't look different from what we already have? Couldn't you just make a human player, give it pale skin and black clothes (add in a black cape) and be at least close?

Not to knock you... but remember this?

bmpvampsword4bf.jpg

That doesnt look like any human i have ever seen. ;)

Edited by rasberrybeard

Not to knock you... but remember this?

That doesnt look like any human i have ever seen.  :D

(trying not to giggle at the "fangs")

Yea, at 10x normal size it looks different than a human, but at normal in-game size it's going to look really similar to all the other human-like characters. With those ears, I'm guessing it would look most like a Draegoni (depending on colors) but you'd still have to zoom way in to figure out just what it was.

I still think that any new races need to be really new and different. If I was going to pay for a character, I'd want something that was obvious and easy to identify even when zoomed all the way out.

And from a RP point-of-view, I'd like some background that's really interesting (and different). Not just yet-another-surface-dweller that's just a bit different from all the other surface dwellers (plus or minus a few wars and if they tend to be builders or fighters). But something totally different that demonstrate someone has the ability to be really creative.

vampires realy dont fit this game in my opinion

damm i dont get it why no1 liek goblins?

small and nice to miss click in combat, also loo kat armroed gobs now, they look super cool, i realy wanan see gob with full plate serp etc,.. wow..i would pay for it for Sure!!!

if anyone has a good screenie of a snow leopard or any other large feline, please show me! i wanna make a mesh!

Can I add fawns to the suggestion list? They would be a mix of goats and some other non-evil humanoid, perhaps elves? If you've seen "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," the fawn in there is the example I'm thinking of :D

Guest Enyo
vampires realy dont fit this game in my opinion

wow..i would pay for it for Sure!!!

210924[/snapback]

shivar you told me that you will NEVER pay for anything in this game..lol :D

vampires would fit perfectly.. very medieval